November 2018 Moms

High Risk Check-in w/o 6/20

Hey, y'all! This is a check-in for those of us that are high risk. Whether you've known from the beginning or were just told, this a place to get some extra support. High Risk pregnancies bring an added level of stress and fear to an already stressful time, so use this as your safe space. It should go without saying, but I will, a lot of this thread thread will be TW, so there is no need to use them. We've either all been through this or are navigating together. So let's support each other as we navigate the craziness of a high risk pregnancy. 

1. How far along are you? EDD?

2. Why are you high risk? How many weeks were you when you found out?

3. What is your protocol? I.E. extra monitoring, early delivery, etc.

4. How are you? Use this as your rant/rave/screw this whole situation post.

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet?

Re: High Risk Check-in w/o 6/20

• 1. How far along are you? EDD?
    18+3
    T2 diabetes and history of preterm labor
    Biweekly cervical measurements and progesterone shots
    Im tired. There are days that I wake up just feeling drained. I hope that means baby girl is growing like she should. Getting anxious for the anatomy scan on Friday! 
    We met online in late 2006 playing a video game called EverQuest2(similar to world of war craft). I moved across the country to move in with him in July '07 and then we married August  '08. 10 year anniversary coming up quick! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • @middleschoolmommy That is an amazing story about how you and your husband met and congrats on your upcoming 10 year anniversary! Question for you - a friend of mine said that cervical measurements hurt terribly (TMI but felt like fisting to her). Do you find that to be the case? I've yet to have one.

1. How far along are you? EDD? 17w1d

2. Why are you high risk? How many weeks were you when you found out? I've known since before we started trying to conceive; risk of blood clots

3. What is your protocol? I.E. extra monitoring, early delivery, etc. Extra monitoring, daily blood thinner injections, etc.

I was a bit drunk and actually struck up a conversation with him about the madris shorts he was wearing when he was out at the bar with a bunch of his guy friends. Later that night when my husband went to the bathroom, his overprotective best friend basically interviewed me, asking me a ton of questions and at the end of our conversation said "you're perfect!" This August, we'll have been together for 8 years and married for 4. I guess his bestie was right :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ginny_203 Your friend is prolly talking about cervical checks for dilation. Cervical measurements are done via transvaginal u/s.
  • @wildrainbow ah, thank you for clarifying! She terrified me haha 
  • 1. How far along are you? EDD?
    19+3 Nov. 11th

I had ICP with ds and come to find out pre-E as well. I'm in a limbo of sorts right now.

I'm not sure what my protocol is at the moment. I go back to my Dr next week and hopefully we get a firm plan of action. 

I'm still reeling from the pre-e. I'm not sure where it leaves me and if ICP is trying to make its appearance soon. I'm itching a lot more and I know that ICP increases my risk of pre-E. Basically, I'm feeling a little gun shy about all of this.

It was basically a set up, tho he was set up with my roommate and I was set up with his best friend. He asked his friend if he could get my number and the rest is history. We've been together for 13 years and married for 5. 
  • @wildrainbow I think uncertainty is the most difficult thing to deal with. I feel much better knowing what's happening even if it's not exactly good news.  Pregnancy seems to be one uncertainty after another - can definitely understand why you're not feeling great at the moment.
  • @stitchnz that's amazing, what an exciting year you're having!! 
  • @stitchnz Congrats! Talk about a life changing year!! lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • 1. How far along are you? EDD? 20+5 due 11/3

2. Why are you high risk? How many weeks were you when you found out? two preterm labors and straight away.

3. What is your protocol? I.E. extra monitoring, early delivery, etc. we changed protocol today and I’m kinda meh, but I understand. She decided to check for dilation and start weekly appointments at 30 weeks time. She also said if there is even softening she is putting me on bed rest immediately. She also threw a bunch of restrictions at me today. One being no lifting over 20 lbs. my toddler is 33 idk how I’m going to do this when my husband and I work opposite schedules for the next two months! 

4. How are you? Use this as your rant/rave/screw this whole situation post. I was and still kind of am great but this appointment today kind of stressed me out. I get it, but life must go on and idk how I’m gonna make it work. 

we were neighbors for a whole year before we even met, but when we did the rest was history! We just celebrated 10 years together 
    nws