November 2018 Moms

Team Green Check-in

I know there are quite a few of us who are team green so I thought this might be fun! 

1. Were you team green with your other babies? 
2. Is your SO excited about being team green too? 
3. Are you struggling with waiting especially now that so many people are having their anatomy scans? 
4. How are names coming along?
5. Do you have a feeling it's a boy or a girl? 
6. Why did you decide to be team green? 
7. Anything else you want to add/ask? 
*TW*
Me:35 DH:35
Dx: PCOS
DS1 born 11/2014
DS2 born 11/2018
3 previous losses
Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

Re: Team Green Check-in

• Loading the player...

• 1. Were you team green with your other babies? 
    FTM here

He goes back and forth. Sometimes he says he wants to find out and sometimes he is excited. 

3. Are you struggling with waiting especially now that so many people are having their anatomy scans? 
    Like others have said, I am worried we will accidentally find out during the anatomy scan! I think other people are struggling more than we are. I can’t even count the number of people who have stared at me and said, “but how will you decorate the nursery?!” Eye roll. 

We have a boy name and girl name picked out, and also have a couple other options of each that we both like. We will decide when babe arrives! 

My mom and MIL think girl, but I’ve had three dreams that it’s a boy. 

I've always wanted to be surprised. I think it’s one of the few true surprises in life. Plus selfishly, I absolutely hate the color pink and this way if its a girl I’m saved from a hundred frilly pink shower gifts. That makes me sound very ungrateful, which I am not, I just don’t like pink! 

@tessiesmom26 there are some super cute neutral options! I found a newborn outfit with hat that is white with stars and says “Welcome to the world.” Of course if you want something specific to boy or girl that doesn’t help, but there are some options out there for us team green people :) 
  • I'm surprised that many of you have dealt with people getting upset that you are Team Green. Everyone that I have told has been so supportive!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 I remember being at one of my best friends' baby showers and her aunt made a SUPER rude comment like, "If you would have just found out the gender this all would have been a LOT easier on us." I was totally taken aback. Luckily, I've just had a couple people mention that it annoys them, but also admitted that's their Type A style and that they think it's kinda cool that we're waiting. I have a totally short fuse with this pregnancy, so if someone made a comment like her aunt, it would have been BAD news. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Were you team green with your other babies? FTM here too!
    2. Is your SO excited about being team green too? Not really but he’s warmed up to it. 
    3. Are you struggling with waiting especially now that so many people are having their anatomy scans? nope. I’m really excited to read if the predictors were right!
    4. How are names coming along? Since I’m the one pushing for team green, I’m letting my DH have more say in names. He wants a J name (like him) for a boy and a M name (like me) for a girl. I’m cool with it. There’s an M name I’m pushing for hard but he’s not sold on it. If it’s a boy, I’m down for his picks he’s thrown out there
    5. Do you have a feeling it's a boy or a girl?  Everyone at my job is calling the baby a she and while I wanted a boy first (as does DH), I keep seeing the cutest girl stuff and I want to buy all of it!!!!! 
    6. Why did you decide to be team green? I’ve always wanted to know when the baby was born. Like a PP said it’s one of the last surprises, even though whenever you find out it’s not like you can change it! I think it’s a cool moment for the one not birthing the baby to run out into the waiting room and share the news (I think that was a helpful argument on my end to get my DH to agree). Also, selfishly, since it’s the first one, I need the gear, clothes can wait. My MIL only has sons and this is the first grand Baby on DH’s side so she’s pulling for a girl, she’s a girly girl and I know is praying for a girl to dress up and take for manicures. 
    7. Anything else you want to add/ask? so we had the anatomy scan yesterday. It’s right by a TJ Maxx. I went in to browse after my appointment and saw the cutest outfit for a newborn photo. I’m tempted to buy it, even though we are team green. But if I do buy it and we have a son, I think I’ll still be tempted to put him in it. Just for one picture for my eyes only. I’m not into frilly stuff for toddlers and little girls but on a newborn- I’m all for tutus and frill. It’s just too cute. Pic in spoiler!!! It’s just the tutu,headband, and little poofs with ribbons that wrap around baby’s feet. 

If I buy it, someone I know is bound to have a girl if I don’t- right?! I know others will think it’s way too extra but idc. 
  • tessiesmom26tessiesmom26 member
    edited June 2018
    @smulrich16 that’s so rude!!! My cousin has made a few comments but she can’t wait for anything so it doesn’t surprise me. Many people have said that they themselves couldn’t never not find out, but nothing more than that so far. It just amazes me how people loose tack when it comes to pregnant women. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• 1. Were you team green with your other babies? 
    Yes!

I got to pick with dd and dh loved it so much that when I told him he could pick this time, he decided team green as well.

My best friend is pregnant 7 weeks ahead of me and another friend is 3 days ahead of me. Both friends found out they're having boys and it's made the team green decision a little tough this time.

Names are tough! 

At first I really felt like it's a boy, then with dd we were all so sure she was a boy and we had a major surprise with a girl so I think maybe that will happen again. Always come back to 50/50.

You just really cannot beat the surprise

• 1. Were you team green with your other babies? Yes, I was team green with my two sons.
    2. Is your SO excited about being team green too? He is more excited about it than I am. 
    3. Are you struggling with waiting especially now that so many people are having their anatomy scans? It would be convenient since we're having twins, but I love having the surprise too. 
    4. How are names coming along? We have one boy name and one girl name. Now I need another girl and another boy name. 
    5. Do you have a feeling it's a boy or a girl? I think it's two girls.
    6. Why did you decide to be team green?  Because my husband loves it and this is a small thing I can do for him. 
    7. Anything else you want to add/ask?  Sourcing all "J" names! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker