Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY Monday 06/18

If you could bring one fictional character to life, who would it be and why?

Re: GTKY Monday 06/18

• Options
    @meggyme He is definitely at the top of my list, but I was also thinking about Anne of Green Gables. Despite some of her flaws that appear later in the series, I think life would be infinitely better if Anne were in it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I 100% hands down agree with @meggyme
  • Options
    @meggyme YESSSS!! Also, I love how you responded so quickly!

So, assuming HP is already alive...I'm gonna go with Peter Quill / Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy. Because I like his taste in music. And you know, @meggyme's aforementioned reasoning... 

• Options
    @meggyme this is the only right answer! Although we’ve all proved ourselves to be a bunch of Potterheads so perhaps I’m biased... :p
  • Options
    meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited June 2018
    I knew there was a high percentage of Potterheads on this board, but holy cow I thought we would get some different answers. Thank you @lilly91613 for Star Lord. I love the soundtracks to those movies!
  • Options
    I’ve been sitting here trying to think of anything half as cool as Harry Potter and it’s just not happening. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 I wouldn't mind if Aragorn was real, but for reasons I don't really want to type out :)
  • Options
    Oooo okay Wolly Wonka and his whole choloate factory. 
  • Options
    I always thought willy wonka was super creepy :/ I could get on board with a giant candy factory though!
  • Options
    @meri-mac I feel like HP captivated our generation so much, that if you're even remotely a Potterhead, it's the first thing fantastical that people think of. HP is pretty ingrained in my childhood.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @meggyme I totally agree. I am currently playing Hogwarts Mystery on two separate devices (Gryffindor and Ravenclaw). I am also rereading Chamber of Secrets. Would have done a Harry Potter wedding if I had an unending budget :p
  • Options
    @meri-mac, @meggyme Yes! HP definitely captured our generation. I had some pretty crappy things happen in life while the books were coming out (the 6th one in particular), and it really felt as though Harry and I were both losing our innocence at the same time.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Well of course I would have said Harry Potter, too. 

I will go with Doctor Who. It would be nice to think that there's some superior alien being actually looking out for our species and our planet. 
    Related image
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• Options
    Hmm I'm the odd man out here. I've only seen 1 HP film and haven't ready any of that books, but I am trying to get them at the library, so he is definitely not on my list. First to come to my mind would be Sherlock Holmes. That mind fascinates me.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kindbytealikat You are not alone! I have never read the HP books or seen any of the movies.
  • Options
    Westley from the Princess Bride because it's my favorite movie and he's smoking hot ❤
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    I have to go with Jamie Fraser from the Outlander series. I’ve been reading the series for the last 2 years and I would totally leave DH for him!
    As long as he doesn't bring Claire along ;) I've read all of those books and I like her as a character but IRL I think she'd be an insufferable know-it-all!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    OMG I could get behind several of these! Aragorn (who doesn't like the ruggedly handsome type); The Doctor (preferably Ten, because he's swoon worthy IMO); Jamie Fraser (nuff said).

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @leksiL Agreed! She has no place in my love story with Jamie.  ;)