February 2019 Moms

The Great Name Thread!

I know it’s early, but everyone loves talking about them (myself included :D ), so tell me - what names are you thinking for this LO?

Whether they have a significant meaning or  you closed your eyes and picked a word out of the dictionary - either way, please share!

Or don’t.. if you’re into that.  :p

Re: The Great Name Thread!

• Oooooh I love this! For a girl its either Abigail Margaret or Lauren Margaret and for a boy its Miles Lawerence.

My grandparents raised me and I looked to them as mom and dad (even though my dad is very much in my life, my mom wasn't but my dad worked a lot). My grandfather passed away February 4th of this year, the hardest, most painful thing I've ever been through. He knew we had been trying for #3 for almost a year. Well, now I'm pregnant with #3 and due on February 4th, the one year anniversary of his death. His name was Lawerence. 

DD is Hannah Josephine (Josephine is my grandmothers name) and DS is Cameron Robinson so I think either of those names will fit nicely.
  • Loading the player...
  • deed812deed812 member
    edited June 2018
    I love Britta!!  

Edit: That was suppsosed to be a reply to @kayjay44 ... sorry bumping from my phone. 
  • We can’t agree on ANY names we like for #3 :weary: Which is so weird because our 2 DD’s were so easy to name!

Boy names are so hard because we have girls. He likes extremely boring, normal boy names, and our girls have unusual/trendy names, so the sibling set feels weird.

For a girl his #1 is Clementine (NN Lemon  :|)
    So that’s where we’re at.
    At this rate we’ll be naming the baby in the hospital...
  • jesslinnnjesslinnn member
    edited June 2018
    I’m having a really hard time with names this time around!!!!

Our kids are Jack, Charles (Charlie) & Violet. 
    They all have a first or middle name that is a family name.

At the moment— 
    Eloise for a girl. (Middle name ???)
    Finn or Henry for a boy. (MN most likely Thomas for my grandpa)
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • @mel689 I love Eloise! That was supposed to be DD1’s name but our friends had a baby a couple of months before us and named her that. Since we’re so stumped on names this time around part of me just wants to use it if we have a girl again, regardless of their little girl.
  • @LuLiLaEv - My husband's best friend has a Hank. We decided screw it and we'd use it if we want to anyway.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• We’ve been set on a boys name for awhile; Sullivan Blaine (mn after my dad) nn sully.
     I’m still trying to sell my girls name to DH but I just have this strong gut feeling this is going to be another girl and this is meant to be her name so he better get on board hAha. it’s Vera, not sure on middle name yet. Either Vera Merita or Vera Shea or do both, Vera merita Shea to follow the same pattern as DD. She is Quinn ( first mn is a special person in our life) (smn is a place of significance to us ) 
  • Naming humans has always been a struggle for us because we can never agree! We always do family names for middle names so our daughters have both our mother’s names as middle names: DD1 is Ellery Susan and DD2 is Charlotte Carol

If we have another girl the MN will be Mary for my grandma and we are currently playing with: Violet, Hannah, and Ruth (suggestions welcome)

If we have a boy the MN will be Robert for my dad and we are pretty set on Callum buttttttttt (suggestions also welcome)

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• @erinm278 - we debated using Ruth as a man after my mom (who is named after a family member). She quickly shot that down because she hates that it’s her first name (she goes by Chris as her mn is Christine. I’m debating doing it anyway. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• We had an easy time with #1 and we were team green.  We only agreed on one girl name: Gemma Mae but had 2 boy names: Charlie Joseph and Vincent Thomas. 

DS is Charlie (which isn't short for Charles; it's a combination of mine and Hs names. CHA from H, LIE from me and our last name begins with R).  Both our boy names had MN from their grandpas.

We are hoping for a girl.  Mae was my grandmas middle name and it would mean so much to me to have my little girl have that MN.  

I also really loved the name Pacey.  H was very close with his grandpa and the family name was Pacey.  H isn't so fond of it. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• DD is Michelle Margaret. Michelle was decided basically on our third date  :D not even joking. Margaret is for H's mom and grandmom

We were team green so if DD was a boy it would have been Julian Cabot. Have not even started thinking or discussing names yet. I still like Cabot but I'm not sold this time around on Julian.

I tried hard (and will again this time too) to pick names that were not unheard of but that were definitely not common among peers.
  • My boyfriend and I do not agree on names yet lol. I feel like all the names I love he doesn’t like and I only mildly like the ones he does. The name we’ve kind of agreed on is Emilia Dorothea. I LOVE the name Avonlea for a girl (yes, as in Ann of... I’m a book nerd). Or Lorelai, Eleanor, Savannah, Scarlett. He likes Evan for a boy and I don’t like it at all. For a boy I like William, Grant, and Robert. 

Also, is it bad that if it’s a boy I want to name it Benjamin to get back at a friend who stole my baby girl name? She has two girls and that was her boy name. Hahha. I’m only kidding... a little bit ;) 
  • Possible boy names: Finn or Seth (Weston was front runner but my best friend had a Wesley last year!)

Possible girl names: Erin, Regan, Sloane, Sydney. Might use Erin as a mn. 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• etnyahetnyah member
    Haha @kayjay44, we have a lot os similar names on our lists. Solvei (without the g) is one of my top picks for a girl!

I don't really need the name to be Scandinavian, but it does have to be pronounceable in Norwegian. I have a few family members who aren't super steady in English.
  • @grebretso Mine’s the opposite  - I need something relatively easy for English speakers to spell and say. I’m Norwegian and Icelandic and DH is Swedish so we have lots of options for family based name ideas too. 

Since we are team green, I’m in no rush to settle on a full name. We didn’t even have a girl name last time and we’re team green. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• chirowifeychirowifey member
    edited June 2018
     Inga is my favorite girl name right now, but my DD2s name is Keeva and I feel like they just sound too similar.

Our pick for a boy name last time was Rafe, and I feel like it is probably still at the top of the list. However, I’m kind of feeling like it is a girl, so we still might not get to use it. 
  • We are going with Ivy Jade for a girl (my granny that lived with me growing up is Ivy Jane) and Vicente James for a boy. We’ve got one of the most common Hispanic last names ever and they both flow nicely to us. DD is Adalina, which is basically the Spanish Adeline. I mixed our mom’s names for her middle. Poor kid got a mouthful of a name. 
  • febmumfebmum member
    Our frontrunner for a boy's name is Hugh (used on both sides of the family) but we have been shooting down each other's picks for a girl's name :D My top pick would be Lucille/Lucy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If we have a little girl, we're probably going to name her Perenelle. It's an old French feminine form of Peter. Middle name would probably be Julia, after my grandmother. We're completely undecided about boy's names, but frontrunners include Lionel, Ivo, Harold, or Theo
  • We think
    Violet Elizabeth (i also like Evelyn-- my husband not so much)
    Colin Robert

At the moment we have two boys
    Charles Patrick
    Rhys William
  • For a girl I like Lizy, Abury, or Aria. He likes Jessie, Isabella,  Penelope I’m out of boy name ideas 
  • @kaylaef Rhys is at the top of my list! Really hoping I can convince H!!
  • @madreofdragons I just started to reallly LOVE the name Ivy! It was my top name this time around until I found out my aunt (that I’m very close with) just named her new kitten Ivy. I also realized how close it is with DD’s name (Violet) since we call her Vy a lot...so it was probably out anyway. Bummer. 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • This is going to be tough for us. We have a solid boy name and have ever since I found out about dd1. However, we have mostly girls in our families and we have 2 girls already so we need to figure out a girl name. I am non traditional and dh is SUPER traditional. With dd2 he suggested felicity which I vetoed as a first name immediately.  XD
    I love the name Copeland and that'll more than likely be our girl name because...well I picked all the other names!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Aww thanks! We love it too. A bit out of the ordinary but not weird!!
  • We have had our names picked out for a while. 

A girl will be Matilda Jeannette nn Tilly/Tilda
    A boy will be Theodore Walter nn Theo/Wally

I wanted the first name to be Walter, but H said no. He did settle for leaving it as the mn, though. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• My top top top fave names are: 
    Boy: Andre Lennox
    Girl: Selina Marie 

H really likes both but wants to still shop around.  He’s suggested (and I’m willing to consider even though mine are better) Angela, Melina, Jada & Rosalia. He hasn’t suggested any boys names. 
  • We are pretty set if we end up with a girl. I want to name her Hannah Marie. Marie is a family name; all the women in my family have had that as a middle name for generations. 

For a boy im pretty stuck though. I want to incorporate Frederick to honor my grandfather but I’m not sure if I like it for a first name. My husband wants to use James for the middle name for all of our boys (DS already has that as a middle name). I’m not sure about Frederick James though. We also like Connor and Liam, but those are very popular names right now and I was hoping to find one that isn’t super popular at the moment. 
  • smm1118 said:
    We are pretty set if we end up with a girl. I want to name her Hannah Marie. Marie is a family name; all the women in my family have had that as a middle name for generations. 

For a boy im pretty stuck though. I want to incorporate Frederick to honor my grandfather but I’m not sure if I like it for a first name. My husband wants to use James for the middle name for all of our boys (DS already has that as a middle name). I’m not sure about Frederick James though. We also like Connor and Liam, but those are very popular names right now and I was hoping to find one that isn’t super popular at the moment. 
    My 2 child’s name is James Frederick 
  • I love reading through all your names. I’m the crazy person that doesn’t tell people until the baby is born. It was so fun to keep people in the dark and have that little thing between just DH and me. I think this baby will be harder to name than the first 2. Something tells me we will be deciding in the hospital. But atleast big bro and sis won’t accidentally tell anyone the name of we don’t have one. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • I'm so bad at keeping secrets, I never could keep names secret. My BFF is doing that right now (she's due in Oct with a girl) and it's driving me mildly crazy.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• We kept our kids names a secret from family too. It's fun to have a secret and frankly, I don't want unsolicited opinions about the names we pick. And I don't want a name I love to be ruined because other people feel like they can tell me they hate it. People are less likely to tell you they don't like the name after your baby is born and it's a done deal. My MIL being the exception. She was so upset, she cried because DS's middle name is Benjamin. WTF lady?!
  • My husband loves the name Mavis for a girl or Victoria. He also loves Theo for a boy (but we both feel it’s way to popular right now). I picked DD’s name (Edith after my grandmother) so he is going to pick the name of this baby (I have the right to veto any hated name)
  • We had our top two names when we went into the hospital and did the whole lets wait thing...so like 2mins after my c-section DH was all... 'well, what's her name' we went with his 1st choice since I picked her middle name in honor of my cousin. If this one is a girl, I will probably say we go with my name we didn't use but boys- no idea.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!