December 2018 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in | June 13

Didn't see one of these yet for the week, so here goes...

How far along are you?

What/when is your next appointment?  

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

GTKY: What is your favorite game? (board game, video game, etc.)
Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
Started IF Feb. 2014
PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
IUI March 2015, BFN
IUI June 2015, BFN
IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FTM Check-in | June 13

• Options
    How far along are you?
    15 + 4!

My next appt isn't until July 3rd - A/S! yey!

DD: I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed with everything that has to get done in the next 5-6 months, which is really the next 3 months b/c I want to have most things taken care of before the fall semester starts and I have to teach. (The "lists before baby" thread has been super helpful, but there are so. many. things.!!) We have an appointment to tour a day care in a couple of weeks, which just blows my mind! My MIL is starting to talk about a shower and trying to pick a date, and we haven't even announced yet. We need to get our registry moving along (we started one weeks ago but got overwhelmed with all the things, and haven't gone back yet). Plus, I feel like I should be reading more baby books and parenting books, but I also feel like I spend way too much time focusing on baby already! AHHHH! 

I really love so many board games and card games, it's hard to pick! My favorite card game is probably Euchre - I like team games! Board game is tougher to pick! I like Scattergories. And Candy Land was my favorite as a kid. They're al just fun!

*Side note, does anyone play cards anymore? I try to talk about card games with my math students, and most don't play, have no idea how many cards are in a deck, what suits are, etc. It blows my mind!! And it's so hard to find other couples to play cards with!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    How far along are you?
    13+6! officially, for sure 2nd tri by all measurements tomorrow! Yay! 

June 25th, just a monthly OB check, will be happy to hear the HB! '

Nothing much going on. I have indian leftovers for lunch and i should have made rice to go with it. But it didn't and I'm a little sad. /dear diary lol

Does watching jeopardy count!?! I love jeopardy- if not that, then I would say some other trivia game or a word guessing game (taboo/catchphrase/etc)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    How far along are you?
    15 weeks + 1 day!!

Next week sometime.  It's just the monthly check-up, so nothing fun.  Hopefully I'll get to hear the heartbeat again, though. 

Add me to the list of overwhelmed people.  I made my big list last night and was kind of blown away at all the stuff we need to do.  Since it will be so hot this weekend, we are going to try to hole up inside and purge a lot of crap and re-organize some rooms to make space for the bunch of baby crap we are about to accumulate. 

I love Yahtzee.  We used to play it with my grandmother every day after school.  I like games that don't have a set number or narrow range of players, that aren't super competitive, and that don't require so much concentration that they kill conversation.  I despise euchre though no matter what.  When someone suggests euchre, you can just kiss those 4 people goodbye for the rest of the evening.  Suggesting euchre when there is any more than 4 people at a gathering just seems really rude and exclusionary to me.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @morgantu Catchphrase is an awesome group game!

@hkom I like Yahtzee a lot too! My SIL made us a bigger version to play outside with wooden block dice (yardzee)! I can definitely see Euchre being a turn-off if there are more than 4 people there. It's nice to play games as a group when lots of people are around!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for getting the thread started, I spaced it yesterday because getting things ready for the move is cool. It’s amazing how many girly bathroom potions I have.

@mag1cbeli3ver I don’t actively play cards anymore, but I can play Solitare IRL, and I used to be a wizard at Gin Rummy. I can’t believe that your students don’t know card basics…actually, I can :cry:

@morgantu Oh, Indian. You may have just solved my dinner dilemma!

@hkom The lists are long! Better to be intimidated by them than to think “oh, I only have to do five things - remind me in November”

How far along are you?
    14 weeks today, helllloooo second tri - we've never met.

July 2, when I meet my new OB and hope we click. We'll schedule LO's anatomy scan for later in July.

Dear Diary, I really should have gotten the dogs in doggie daycare today, tomorrow, and Friday. Today they were out in the yard for hours, getting excited/stressed out. Luckily it's a big shady yard, but it would have been easier to have them away so that they don't get FOMO because they suddenly aren't allowed in the house while the movers are working. BUT! Main floor and basement are mostly all in boxes, whoo hoo!

I'm not really a game person, but I like playing Clash of Clans :lol: Otherwise I don't really like card games, board games, or video games. I just get easily bored with them in general, but I can almost always go for some Exploding Kittens or Cards Against Humanity.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options

How far along are you?
    14+4

This Friday

Possible TW? I'm stuck on whether I should do something for my husband for Father's day. I was planning on getting him something small,  but I know it's going to be a rough Father's day for him since his dad just passed away earlier today. Which I hate that my husband is having to go through this. It saddens me as well as my FIL won't be here to see his first grandchild  :'( . I'm just not sure how he would feel about getting a gift..

I love a lot of board games such as Monopoly,  Cranium, Cards against humanity,  yahtzee, etc. My favorite video game is probably Okami.
  • Options
    @whitneyb89 Sorry to hear about your FIL! Personally, I would do something to celebrate your SO as a father because he will be. (Also, MH did some Mothers Day stuff with me, so it would only be fair in this house.)

Anniversary
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @whitneyb89 I agree with Echo.  Although it's important to let him grieve, I think doing something small but sweet for him would help him attach a new meaning to the day and hopefully help him feel a little bit better.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you?
    15+4

Excited to go to the maternity clinic in two weeks and meet the doctors/nurses who will do the delivery! I started with just my regular doctor, but now it's time, so they referred me.

Last concert of the year.. and OMG I just realized last concert until 2019 for me, since I don't think it's a good idea to try to sing through the third trimester.. I'm in a choir, so we sit/stand a lot, and I think that will be uncomfortable..

old computer game when there was only MS-DOS: Ceasar (II, I think). Anybody else? Lol

• Options
    omnommeromnommer member
    edited June 2018
    How far along are you?
    13 weeks today!

June 26, which feels like FOREVER away! I want to know that baby's ok. I mean, in my mind I know she is... but since symptoms are starting to recede (like morning queasiness and I'm able to exercise again as energy comes back a little), it would be nice for a little reassurance. Other than this bump that I can't hide.

From the above... I already have a little bump. I mean it's partially bloat of course, but I feel less bloated that I did and it's still here. Also, my upper stomach is a bit harder, and I'm assuming that it's because my intestines and things are moving around due to the bigger uterus? So, once I've told people, they're all like... "you know, we didn't want to ask... but..." I thought first pregnancies were supposed to take awhile to show, lol. 

Well, for video games, I grew up playing The Sims. So I've had ALL the various computer versions of the Sims, and still play occasionally. For board games... we probably own 75 board games? We love strategy games - right now some favorites are Terraforming Mars and Caverna. All time faves are Settlers of Catan and 7 Wonders. I also love Dixit as a fun, less strategy type of game!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @omnommer

I am the queen of Settlers of Catan :D 

• Options
    ^ I haaaaaate Settlers of Catan :lol: If invited to play, I go - but instead of playing I just drink wine and talk sh!t. Hopefully pet some fluffy creatures. The game play just does not do it for me  *shrugs shoulders*

Anniversary
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    12+4

Today was my first meeting with MFM, got the all clear to resume kickboxing and no more pelvic rest!  All seems to be going well.  Next appointment isn't until July 6th with my regular OB, then July 11th for my 2nd blood draw for the sequential screen.  SO is getting tested this coming Monday or Tuesday to see if he is also a CF carrier.  Waiting is the worst. 

A little bit of everything to keep it interesting:

I am having a hard time accepting my weight gain already. I am overweight as it is, so adding more to it is kinda depressing.  Boo. No cute little bump for me. Just all over weight gain, and it's not pretty. Or cute.

I am excited to see my childhood best friend today!  She's visiting from Nashville. 

We tell SO's family tomorrow!  I'm so excited. His mom is definitely going to cry!

I am so so overwhelmed by all the things I "should" be doing. I haven't started a registry because I don't know where to start. I haven't made a pre- baby preparedness list because I have no idea what to put on it. I haven't made a birth plan because i feel like it's all going to be out of my control anyway.  I haven't done anything and I feel unproductive/ like I'm falling behind!

Probably UNO.  Life is also a fun one.  And I love pokemon go, though I haven't been paying much since learning I am pregnant. Strategy games stress me out! Lol
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango

Well, I tend to drink wine and talk shit WHILE I play. Actually, that's a small lie - I tend to be pretty quiet during the game so nobody knows my strategy  :D but the wine part is true!

• Options
    Lol @echo-charlietango, you and catan is me and crafts. A bunch of my friends wanted to get together to do crafts a few years ago and i was like 'yeah, I'll make sure the drinks and snacks are full and give you and extra hand when you need it'. I am soooo not crafty! 
  • Options
    Late this week...

How far along are you?
    15 weeks today
    What/When is your next appointment?  
    I have my 16 week checkup not this coming Tuesday but the following one.  I think it's a pretty boring one where I get weighed and offered some optional blood work.

I'm on a short road trip with my husband to go to a wedding in VT tomorrow and I just found out that my grandmother died today.  She was 99 so it's not shocking, but it did come with only one day warning.  I'm weirdly and guiltily not that sad.  She hasn't been mentally all there for a while and she lives in Florida, so she hasn't been a big part of my life recently.  I am more sad for my father since I imagine it must be tough to lose your mom.  They are not having a funeral and my dad told us not to worry about coming down.  I feel super weird not going though, especially going to a wedding instead.  My grandma did like to celebrate though, so maybe I will have some champagne for her and remember her fondly rather than deal with the stress of a last minute Florida trip.

I am a huge fan of board games.  Like others, I enjoy Catan.  I also like Ticket to Ride and Dominion.  Codenames is fun too.  I really just love games.  Sadly I am super competitive and sometimes embarrass myself. I've been working on it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    14+1 today

This coming Thursday I get to hopefully hear the heartbeat for the first time and find out when my next scan is 

Nothing really atm I'm finally feeling that relieve in symptoms been out exercising alot more and enjoying not feeling like a zombie the lack of symptoms worries me sometimes to but I know it's just me over reacting 

I love all games video games wise I'm loving state of decay 2 right now and board games I really love betrayal at house on the hill and pandemic another fun one is one night ultimate werewolf
  • Options
    @kadeephd So sorry for your loss, even if it sounds like you are handling it well. It was the same for me when my grandfather passed away.

I just also wanted to say that I forgot to mention Codenames!  We've been getting into that a lot when we play games with our friends who don't like the strategy games as much.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @omnommer Thank you.  I'm surprised by how well I'm handling it, especially considering the pregnancy hormones.  I guess I've been preparing for it mentally for a while since she was getting up there.

And codenames is such a good group game that is easy to understand/explain.  We play it with my family sometimes since strategy games tend to be a bit much for my parents.

Pregnancy Ticker