September 2018 Moms

6/18 Symptoms and Questions

Any new symptoms? Questions?

Re: 6/18 Symptoms and Questions

• I feel like I've been having Braxton hicks contractions on and off for the last week. Some borderline painful, but mostly just uncomfortable. Is it too early for this? Or could it be something else? I'm 27 weeks and 3 days... 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am known for irritable uterus, I've been getting them for weeks. For me it's usually full bladder that does it, sometimes minor dehydration. But full bladder is the most common. Sometimes I get the contraction before I feel the bladder. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jayliijaylii member
    I got CBC blood panel results back today and it looks like I'm anemic. The midwife hasn't called me yet, but I'm guessing they will put me on a supplement. Anyone else have experience with this? I'm not terribly surprised since I know this happens during pregnancy and I've had a meat aversion all through this pregnancy.
  • jaylii said:
    I got CBC blood panel results back today and it looks like I'm anemic. The midwife hasn't called me yet, but I'm guessing they will put me on a supplement. Anyone else have experience with this? I'm not terribly surprised since I know this happens during pregnancy and I've had a meat aversion all through this pregnancy.
    Super common. I haven't had that round of bloodwork done yet but I ended up on Iron supplements when pregnant with DS. Finding the right one can make a big difference in how much the added iron affects your digestive system.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @jaylii I found out last week I'm slightly anemic as well. My doctor told me to take an iron supplement (65 mg per day). I ordered one and have been trying to figure out what time of day to take it. I read that it may upset your stomach, so I took it at night the first few days, but it kept me awake. I tried taking it yesterday afternoon and my stomach was off the rest of the day. There is also iron in my prenatal, so I've been taking half the supplement pill to see if that helps. I read that it's helpful to buy a slow release kind because it's easier on your stomach. I thought the kind I bought was slow release, but it's a chewable so it's not. I may end up buying a different kind, but I spent $50 on the bottle and hate to waste them. I have an appointment next Monday so I'm going to talk with my doctor about my options and see if she has other suggestions. 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• jayliijaylii member
    @southernlady07 I just spoke to a friend who is pregnant and she recommended an iron supplement called Vitron C. It's a vitamin C and Iron combo supplement. The vitamin C helps with iron absorption. Iron supplements are really hard on your stomach. I would try taking it halfway through eating breakfast everyday. The other lovely side effect of iron supplements is constipation so I hope that doesn't become an issue!
  • @jaylii Thanks! The one I have has Vitamin C in it as well. I will definitely check that kind out if I can't make this one work; although with the extra iron in my prenatal I worry that may be too much mg total each day. I think I'll try taking it with my breakfast and see if that helps, I've just been worried that my stomach will then hurt all day. Eating my oatmeal with flax in the morning and taking colace when needed has helped avoid constipation for sure. Boo anemia! 

• lpq0309lpq0309 member
    edited June 2018
    The most recent symptoms I've been having is heartburn and really bad lower back pain. Mostly where my hips start. 
    The heartburn has been terrible, I watch what I eat and still get heartburn. It's been a little ridiculous. 
    I try to do stretches to help with the back pain and a Tylenol when really necessary.   
    I haven't experienced Braxton Hicks or maybe I have and just didn't notice it? Is it painful? 
    29 weeks
  • @jaylii @southernlady07 I found out that I am anemic a whole week ago and I still havn't started taking Iron because I can't find the right dose. My doctor told me to take 325mg. All I'm finding is 40 - 60. That seems like a huge difference. My doctor said it would be easy to find over-the-counter. I've had no luck. I see her next week. Do you think it's bad to wait and talk to her then? It will be 2 weeks since she told me to start iron. Did your doctors tell you how much to take? I'm really dreading taking it because of the potential stomach issues. We had a helpful conversation here a week ago about taking slow release...but again, I can't find anything near the dose my doctor said to take. 
  • jayliijaylii member
    @lpq0309 For sure consult with your doc first about the heartburn, but mine instructed me to take a pepcid in the morning and also dilute a tsp of apple cider vinegar in water to drink. She didn't want me taking tums because taken in large doses they block iron absorption in the body. 
  • jayliijaylii member
    @magnolia209 Wow, that does seem like a high dose! Can you call the nurse line at your doctor's office to discuss?
  • jayliijaylii member
    @southernlady07 Thank you, that's really helpful information!
  • @lilidubs I started feeling them just after 20 weeks, definitely not too early! I have a pretty sedentary job, so I noticed that they would happen any time I exerted myself. Ugh haha. 

I’ve been having joint pain and it didn’t become really bad until today. One of my wrists is the worst, and my hands/fingers are throbbing. Not much swelling but it just hurts like hell, I’m sitting at work and I just want to cry, sorry to sound dramatic haha. I have a wrist brace at home that I will try, but any suggestions for the pain? Would I use ice or heat?
  • @smsaulino Trader Joe’s has amazing chocolate!! What did you get?! I highly, highly recommend their peanut butter cups.
  • Relieved to hear others are having them also @nackie, @DanyTargaryen and @pourmeamocktail! Had them through the night and kept waking up.. they didn't last long, but it's annoying enough getting up to pee at night.. definitely gonna mention it to my doc soon.

Just got a call today from the doc's office about my glucose test I took on Friday... of course I didn't see the missed call and voicemail until after the office closed  :( they only call if bad news.. really don't want to take the 3 hour test!

• @southernlady07 it is sooooo good!! It's located up by the register. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• The only real "new" thing for me has been the heart burn. But it seems like it's mostly triggered by tomato based things, so I can live with that. With DD it was literally anything that I consumed. 
  • @smsaulino I am right there with you about caving on sweets right now.  This past week my ice cream consumption went up somewhat significantly.  The TJ chocolate covered pretzels sound fantastic, I may give them a whirl.  DH got me the Magnolia cookbook for my birthday and there are a few desserts that I have earmarked to make over the next month or two. 

My current symptom is a raging yeast infection, I think due to the antibiotic I am taking from my cat bite last week.  I am pretty uncomfortable right now and hope the overnight treatment starts to kick in.  Red and swelling isn't fun.  I asked the nurse if I could do the 3 day suppository version versus the 7 day cream as the cream burns like no other for me. She said yes, but that I may have to repeat it.  Awesome.  
  • @jaylii @magnolia209 So I took my iron supplement with breakfast this morning and so far so good!! Taking it with food definitely seems to help. 

• @jaylii @magnolia209 So I took my iron supplement with breakfast this morning and so far so good!! Taking it with food definitely seems to help. 
    Taking vitamins with food always helps me. Even my daily vitamin has to be taken immediately after a meal or I get sick. Iron DEFINITELY requires food. IDK if it has been mentioned recently, but try to avoid taking it with calcium. It makes your body not absorb it as well.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @DanyTargaryen I feel like all I do is drink water  :D so thirsty! It's prob just my job, on my feet all day long... I definitely need to slow down at some point!
  • @southernlady07 @jaylii I finally started iron! Thank you southernlady07, I was so lost. I bought a slow release iron plus vitamin C. I took it last night with dinner. The pharmacist said that it can take a while to build up in your system. 

I’ve been feeling so tired, confused, and out-of-it the past few days. I’m curious if taking iron will help. Or maybe this is just pregnancy...
  • @magnolia209 have you been drinking and/or peeing a lot? Kind of sounds like a UTI to me, but then again you did take benadryl instead of synthroid yesterday. I would maybe mention it to your OB.
  • @smsaulino we don't have Trader Joe's here, I sooo wish we did. All those treats sound amazing!! @lisac113 totally craving all the unhealthy sweet treats as well. 
    No BH for me just yet I don't think. Anyone feel lots and lots of movement some days then others not as much? 
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• @nlc8424 Yep, I'm drinking and peeing a lot. But, I have been this whole pregnancy. I will definitely have a chat with my OB about everything. I see her next week. Thanks! I never thought about a UTI - I've never had one before, but I guess I figured it would involve pain or something with the peeing. 
  • @magnolia209 eh I would keep an eye on things to see if you get any pain and if so, then give them a call before your appointment. Hopefully it's nothing though!
  • @nlc8424 Yep, I'm drinking and peeing a lot. But, I have been this whole pregnancy. I will definitely have a chat with my OB about everything. I see her next week. Thanks! I never thought about a UTI - I've never had one before, but I guess I figured it would involve pain or something with the peeing. 
    Sometimes during pregnancy the UTI pain symptom doesn't happen for me - but extra contractions and even more frequent peeing does.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Keep in mind that you're considered "anemic" at a different (lower) level in pregnancy. Just in case anyone is seeing their results and getting worried - just check with your provider whether they want you to treat it!

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but it's been easiest for me to take iron pills just before bed. There are lots of things that can interfere with absorption so it's absorbed better without food, but easier to tolerate with food - catch-22, right? After taking them for a while they didn't bother me as much, and I didn't notice the nausea, or at least could cope better, if it happened once I was lying down or hopefully already asleep.

I had a nosebleed the other day. That was a not-fun symptom. I've had an irritated nose forever with bloody mucus, but that was the first real nosebleed. Hopefully they don't increase.

I'm mostly just feeling more "pregnant" - more tired, more sore, less energy, harder to take a deep breath, MUCH less flexible and mobile. I'm trying not to start with the waddling already! LOL We've been super busy with just life and work, but I'm trying to find some time to exercise a bit more. I got really swollen last time, and that hasn't started yet so FX!
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • I’ve been having BH for at least 10 weeks. I’m 29 weeks. 

With #1, I didn’t have them until week 33 or something. With #2, I didn’t get them until week 26-ish. 

I only ever ever found mine painful if I hadn’t been drinking enough water. 
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • @sclarke7 yes! Sometimes baby is really busy and active and other days not as active. It seems the days I am the busiest I have the least movement, so that may just be I am busy and not paying attention to the movement. 

@treeofcheem I am feeling more pregnant too. On days when I have been on my feet a lot or I am extra tired I definitely waddle no matter how hard I try to avoid it. I am also very stiff when I get up in the morning.