February 2019 Moms

Currently breastfeeding?

I’m currently nursing my 16 month old. I’m wondering if anyone else is still nursing? 

Plans to wean? 

Re: Currently breastfeeding?

• I’m nursing my 11 month old. No plans to completely wean, but I’ll peobnaly drop to mornings and before bed after she’s a year old. Although she likes to nurse at naptime too, so we’ll see how it goes. I’m not too concerned since I’ll be doing it all again in 8 months anyway. 

She’s had trouble with dairy, so I’ve been on a  dairy-free diet since September. Trying to introduce a little to see how it goes. 
  • ageaagea member
    Me! I’ve got a 16m old nursling too... no plans to wean yet. I already see a slight dip in supply so our journey might end at some point due to that but otherwise am trying to make it as long as we can. He’s not ready, has a dairy allergy, and isn’t a great eater. I’ve heard nursing aversions are rough, we’ll see if we can weather it.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ssag - solidarity with the dairy issues. I’m hoping DD will outgrow it soon. 
  • @ssag have you eliminated dairy? I’m off dairy, and it doesn’t seem to help my babe, just me. I’m a bit scared to have her go through cold and flu season without breastmilk. 
  • ageaagea member
    @ThePax89 the dairy I consume doesn’t bother him (though I don’t eat a ton of it), it’s just when he has it himself that he has a reaction. Meaning switching to cows milk when my supply drops isn’t an option :/
  • @ssag I weaned my older daughter to water and plan to do the same with this one too. (Or maybe almond milk) 
  • I don’t have much to add, other than I wish I could! I weaned DD just after her 2nd birthday when I got my BFP because she’s never been able to tolerate my milk when I take any sort of vitamin. I’m still sad about it; neither of us were really ready for the sudden stop. Good luck to all of you nourishing two (or three!) babies!
  • I’m still breastfeeding my 13 month old, she loves breastfeeding and I don’t plan on stopping unless she decides to. My doctors have all given me the all clear even though I’m pretty high risk 
  • Yep still nursing my 18 month old son and he is no where close to wanting to wean. I successfully nursed through my second pregnancy (and yes the aversions are real and sometimes tough) so I'm planning to again. I also think it helps the older sibling with some of the adjustment to the new baby. 
    March 2009 mmc 11 weeks
    Nov 2010 DD 1
    Oct 2012 DD 2
    Nov 2014 mmc 8 weeks
    Dec 2016 DS 1
    Cautiously expecting Feb 14 2019
  • @JenRN2009 did you tandem nurse? 
  • Yes I did.  My girls were 23 months apart and I successfully nursed through pregnancy and then nursed both girls.  Not often both together at the same time, but yes they both did well.  Nursing aversion is real though and I did struggle with that more through pregnancy than after.  Its a strange feeling where you just want them off you and there is no real logic, but its a struggle for sure.
    March 2009 mmc 11 weeks
    Nov 2010 DD 1
    Oct 2012 DD 2
    Nov 2014 mmc 8 weeks
    Dec 2016 DS 1
    Cautiously expecting Feb 14 2019
  • We’re still nursing once a day. We were nursing 8+ times a day about 2 months ago but my doc suggested I wean because there MAY be a correlation between nursing and failed IVF transfers. I’m so thankful that I didn’t completely wean. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Yayyyyyyy @susykat77 I was wondering if I’d recognize your name on here. 

Has anyone noticed a significant drop in supply? 

Im getting pressured from my husband to wean, but I’m just not ready. :(
  • @ThePax89 hi friend!! 

And yes. I’m not sure what’s left in the boobies but I’ll keep nursing until she wants to stop. Tell that husband of yours to back off! ;-)

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I feel like my supply has decreased but I’m definitely still producing milk. My nipples fluctuate between being super sore and sensitive to being sensitive but manageable 
  • I am still breastfeeding, although we are down to two sessions a day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am still nursing my 2yo... Never in a million years did I think I would be breastfeeding a toddler. I have been trying to wean her down to nursing only at bedtime, but some days are harder then others. My goal would be to wean completely over the few months. I am so ready to be done, but my 2yo has other plans... 
  • LoxiLoxi member
    I'm currently nursing my almost 2 yo ds. He loves it and I don't anticipate us stopping anytime soon, though I'd like him weaned before the baby comes. I've been nursing someone almost constantly for 6+ years now. I tend to get my toddlers weaned just before the next baby comes. Honestly if I wasn't pregnant and getting to hate the nursing i don't know how they'd ever wean! I've heard of children, even bigger babies, who spontaneously decide to quit on their own. Never had one like that in my house!
  • LoxiLoxi member
    minnesotamama123 said: I am so ready to be done, but my 2yo has other plans... 
    100 times this
  • DS only fed for like 45 seconds on my left side last night. I’ve been planning on weaning him around September but I guess this pregnancy is messing up those plans. I’ve had a very complicated relationship with BF but I’m feeling a little sad about it ending. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m still nursing my almost 11mo and will continue until he’s one. After he’s one, I want to drop to morning and night time for awhile and wean completely after a few months. If he has other plans and the pregnancy supports it, we’ll go as long as I’m pregnant. If this new baby is as needy as my other two have been, nursing two just really wouldn’t be in the cards. 
  • Me! I'm nursing my 9 month old! I'm trying to slowly wean him by cutting back some comfort nursing. He now nurses about 3X during the day and once at night. I'm trying to slowly wean him by his birthday.