December 2018 Moms

The Official SALES/STEALS/DEALS Thread

Post here with any sales or steals you find for online shopping or going to the stores that relates to:
-being pregnant (sales on maternity clothes, snoogle, etc).
-baby stuff (sales at buy buy baby, etc)
-anything parenting or kid related (target sales, diaper sales, clothing or toy sales, etc)

Re: The Official SALES/STEALS/DEALS Thread

• I went into Carters (kids/baby clothes store) the other day to get a fun July 4th tank top for my niece, because she’s with me this year for 7/4. I was expecting it to be 60% off, but it was 70% off! Spent $6 on a $20 shirt! I don’t know how many other items are on sale there rn, I was in & out quickly just to grab that shirt because we had other places to be. In case anyone else wants to check it out in stores/online. 
  • Loading the player...
  • ebk20ebk20 member
    Right now Victoria secret is having their semi annual sale. Great deals on their bras. No nursing bras but I bought some front clasp bras that aren't bad to nurse in and super soft and well made.
  • There are also online tutorials to make any regular bra a nursing bra! It’s really easy if you buy the clips at a craft or sewing store. 
  • PSA: I read an article this morning that all Toys r Us / Babies r Us will be closing on (or before) next Friday, June 29th. So, if you want to stop in to catch any last-minute bargains before they're gone forever (tear), we've got one week to go. I stopped in to one near me today and scored a second car seat base for $22, so that was cool! Most baby stuff at mine was between 40%-60% off.
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @maureenmce wow that's a steal! Mine was very picked over on Wednesday already. 
  • @scaredunprepared It was definitely super picked over! I was very lucky to find it among the large boxes at the front of the store. 
  • Definitely check out TRU! Just scored a Chicco Viaro travel system for $175! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Definitely check out TRU! Just scored a Chicco Viaro travel system for $175! 
    But...not all of us have access to one!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango Well there IS one in Dothan ;) Actually I’m surprised you don’t ha d one up there!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @misscheapandchic I got the same system! Score!!!  Plus 2 bases for 44 bucks each. Not bad.
  • ebk20ebk20 member
    Went to both babies r us and toys r us and there was barely anything left. The only good thing was the graco duo travel system, regularly $440 on sale for $90, but it was grey and pink.
  • @echo-charlietango Same here.. the nearest one is over 2 hours away. darn! :(
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I mean I'm happy to still have ToysRus in Canada but I sort of wish I could get in on some of those steals!! 
  • @PensiveCrayon Turns out that we have a TRU/BRU combo store :grimace: I'll admit that they are never on my radar because I...haven't walked in one since I was twelve. Oops. 

Anniversary
  • I think y'all have convinced me to stop by the TRU/BRU combo on the way to the gym tonight. We'll see if they have anything left!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t The baby items at mine were pretty picked over, but I have DS’s Christmas gifts started and his birthday gift for next March done!
  • edited June 2018
    @mamadev88 online and in store?  I may need to stop by pottery barn kids today!

Also, all you ladies who have Amazon prime AND your partner also has prime... you may BOTH be able to get a welcome box!  I was able to sign in via my SO's account and order the box (without having to create a new registry, thank goodness!).  When I signed back into my own account the option to sign up for prime in order to get my welcome box was still there.  I didn't try it out since I'm not working my second job anymore though, but you guys may want to try!  If you both already have prime, why not take advantage and get 2 welcome boxes?  More freebies are better, right?
  • @scaredunprepared it does say online and in stores, I ordered mine online because we don’t have a PB kids store anywhere near us
  • Boop! My TRU/BRU is empty. The front door was locked and a gal walked out an exit saying that it’s just empty shelves and fixtures. She wasn’t wrong!

Anniversary
  • Boop! My TRU/BRU is empty. The front door was locked and a gal walked out an exit saying that it’s just empty shelves and fixtures. She wasn’t wrong!
    I feel your sadness. Ours closed 2 months ago around here. 
  • Stopped by and they we're just selling the fixtures  :'(
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• My local Once Upon a Time ( children's resale store) is having 70% clearance on Saturday. Maybe check if your local store is having it too! 
  • $5 maternity tights online at Old Navy! 

Anniversary
  • Old navy having a clearance sale today, with extra 10% is you use the code "style". Just got work pants, dress, and shorts for $60
  • Good stuff in Cartwheel too. There’s some deals on kids dresses & shorts too - I just didn’t add them because I don’t need them. 

Anniversary
  • Yo Yo! Welp, i went shopping again today, friends. Just wanted to remind you that if you are looking for those maternity clothes on a budget - I feel you- check out your local amvets or goodwill! Found a pair of old navy jeans and a motherhood dress for $13 total!

Also stopped by Burlington coat factory and they have some legit baby stuff. Car seats, pnps, rnps, diaper bags, etc. So if there's something you don't get off your registry, check the prices! 
  • Old navy for maturity clothes!!!! I got 2 jeans, 2 leggings, and 4 tops for around $160. I bought it last week but I think the sale is still going on.  

• Seriously Old Navy is the shit. Yesterday I got a pair of maternity jeans for $11, a pair of black maternity pixies for work for $9, and 2 dresses (not maternity, but will work with a growing bump) for $15 each.  I am super impressed with the fit of their maternity pants, too.  Other brands I've tried have disappointed me.  I'm actually EXCITED to wear these!  
  • Target has a diaper special right now if anyone is stocking up! Buy $100 worth of diapers (any brand) and get a $30 gift card. Also, you can apparently get an additional 15% off if you sign up for a subscription - you can cancel the subscription once you get the discount haha. My SIL has 3 little ones and is always up on all the diaper deals!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's prime day!  It starts at 3 so they haven't officially released most deals yet, but you can see a preview of available deals by category.  The baby category has some strollers, diaper bags, a duck shaped bath, some other random stuff.  I might get the backseat baby mirror if it is a good deal.  I was hoping for some car seat deals, but I don't see any yet.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd Yay! I’m using Prime Day this year for holiday shopping - and I promise to actually wrap gifts early so they’ll be ready to ship when I’m ready to pop :sweat_smile:

Anniversary
  • @kadeephd I was kinda hoping for carseat deals! A good time for that may be black Friday or cyber Monday. Our second convertible carseat we ended up getting on cyber Monday from amazon. :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018