September 2018 Moms

Appointments week of 6/11

Re: Appointments week of 6/11

• Loading the player...
  • @smsaulino What is a pelvic kidney?
  • @redraider2012 I keep forgetting to do this! 

I had a private 3D/4D/HD ultrasound last week and baby girl was measuring almost 3 weeks ahead (3 lbs 9 oz at 28.5 weeks). So she's going to be a big baby. I'm not surprised since both DH and I were big ole babies. We have a doc ultrasound tomorrow to check placenta, so I'm assuming we'll get their measurement, and her size will be a large part of the discussion afterwards. 
  • @magnolia209 I think someone here takes a bariatric iron that's slow release? That would probably be something I'd look for. Also, might want to up your fiber/stool softener once you start taking that...
  • @magnolia209 Definitely get a slow release one. I'm trying to remember what else I did to try to help the upset stomach.

If you only have to take yours once a day, then try taking it at night? That way you can sleep through the worst of it? 
  • adiratadirat member
    @magnolia209 A friend of mine does a liquid iron called Wellesse that she said gives her much less GI distress. GL!

• Thanks @nlc8424 @yosemite2018 @knitknitread @adirat I will go to the pharmacy today and check out the options. I will definitely look for slow release. 
  • Yay! @Patience7150 So great to hear that you had good news (and need fewer scans)! 
  • @Patience7150 glad the growth scan went well and you get to have a fewer scans. 

@pourmeamocktail yay for passing the glucose screening! 
  • stothistothi member
    @yosemite2018 I have several mild food allergies but have found that during pregnancy I can eat whatever and not tell the difference. But my allergies are mild and primarily have gastrointestinal reactions so it's not like I go into anaphylactic shock or anything if I eat something I shouldn't.
  • stothistothi member
    @yosemite2018 oh, yeah, celiac is a whole other serious thing. Cheating really won't work, will it?
    I'm the same (but mild) as your sister. I'm not lactose intolerant but actually allergic to the diary protein. I have to be pretty careful when I'm not pregnant but when there's a baby in me I go to town on all the cheeses!
    A while back I got to spend a little over a week in Europe and I couldn't help but eat the cheeses and ice creams and such and just assumed I'd get sick. At the end of the trip I realized I hadn't had one single bad reaction to food the whole time and was really surprised. I've since read that many people with food allergies do better with the food in Europe because most of the countries have really strict laws about food being organic and non GMO or something? Now I REALLY want to go back for a longer time and eat all the things and really pay attention to how I react or don't react. I feel like I could die happy if I could just eat whatever without getting sick. Unfortunately, I don't think the organic--ness or whatever it is would help with celiac :'(
  • Oh I forgot to mention, the tdap shot always makes my arm hurt for days-wish I remembered that and got it in my right arm. Instead my left arm is sore, and that's the side I prefer to sleep on...oh well.
    Yea, mine hurt bad last time. I tend to roll over in my sleep so it doesn't matter which arm I get it in. Last time I went for my non-dominant, but that's the side I usually carry DS on so maybe I should switch to my other arm this time.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • I got my TDAP in my left (non dominant) arm yesterday and it was fine for a while... today it is super sore. At least I don’t notice it all day long since I basically hurt everywhere now. 9-11 more weeks! (I’m serving baby boy an early eviction notice in 9 weeks from now...)
  • @yosemite2018 got mine at appt on Wednesday and it was fine until I was on my way home. It has hurt since. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker