January 2019 Moms

Father’s Day plans?

What are you doing this weekend to celebrate your SO? What about your own dad or FIL?

Anyone planning to announce this weekend?
married 7.11.09
Me: 31 DH: 36
DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Father’s Day plans?

• jgil85jgil85 member
    Ugh..... were going to a minor league baseball game with my whole family. In 98 degree heat. I already set the tone that we probably won't be staying long because ds will be miserable as will I. I'm paying for my h to play a round of golf with his buddies today to make up for the game. 

We already announced to our families but I'm going to share with everyone our complications. 
  • This is our first, so I just got him a card. Even that was mostly because I came across a card I liked for him while looking for cards for our dads/ grandfathers.  Of course, it would probably have helped if I had remembered to put the card in my bag before we flew halfway across the country this morning.  Oops. 

We're telling DH's family this weekend. We would have told them sooner, but we already had this trip planned, so DH decided he wanted to tell them in person. 

• Loading the player...

• My parents are coming to see us this weekend, so we will celebrate with them.  On Sunday, DH mentioned wanting to go to a local restaurant that gives a free beer to fathers on Father's Day so we'll do that.  I got him some small things and had DD make him a little art project for his office. 
  • @AliKay20 that mug is hilarious!

We are posting our Facebook announcement this weekend since I’ll be 12 weeks tomorrow. We are also doing lunch with my family tomorrow to celebrate my dad.

I told DH we can do a celebration for him when I get back from my trip this week because I’m leaving Sunday morning. He’s fine with that since he knows he dropped the ball on Mother’s Day and my birthday this year. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I told DH I'm sleeping in on Father's Day! We'll do something for him afterwards, but it's supposed to be in the 90s and humid. My 10 year old dog, who I loved very, very much, passed away on Mother's Day this year. Not that it's really related, but I was kind of robbed of a happy day. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• emmaaaemmaaa member
    Dh is getting a measuring tape, lol. Reason being is every time I need him to measure something he says he doesn't have one (even though there are a blue million in the shop that he won't bring in the house). Most recently, I needed him to measure the opening for a fridge we were getting. He use a paint trimmer to measure a stick to see how long it was then to measure the opening. Well, turns out the fridge was about .25 inches too wide and we had to cut out counter and cabinet. So, dude is getting a measure tape lol.

We don't do gifts other than cards for things like this, or anything really, we aren't big gift people but I though he'd get a kick out of it and it'd be funny (plus it's needed). 

He will sleep in and be lazy on Sunday and then that evening we are going to my older brother's for supper with my dad. Saturday afternoon we are doing low country boil with DH's grandpa.

I think we will tell the family we see this weekend if they don't know already  but nothing on social media yet, we will wait until the anatomy scan for that.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We're going to his brother's house and hanging out for the weekend. They don't have kids because they tried for 20 years and the treatments didn't work out. DH loves spending time with his brother though so he doesn't see it as anything other than awesome. We don't have either set of parents here. So it's just us. I'll get him a gift and we'll call our fathers but other than that we'll just spend time together. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more