February 2019 Moms

Re: UO Thursday 6/14

• Loading the player...
  • Erinm278 said:
    I don’t know how unpopular this is but:

We have 2 girls and this is our 3rd and final baby. The first person to ask if we’re “trying for a boy” will get throat punched. No, we’re not “trying for a boy” we’re trying for a healthy human. K thanx bye. 
    Or when you're team green and everyone asks "but do you want a boy or girl?"  I just want a healthy baby.  Its that simple.
    Do people actually ask these things? Good grief...
  • I like being pregnant. I like eating fun food for a reason and I love a winter pregnancy!
  • Erinm278 said:

We have 2 girls and this is our 3rd and final baby. The first person to ask if we’re “trying for a boy” will get throat punched. No, we’re not “trying for a boy” we’re trying for a healthy human. K thanx bye. 
    Same. We have 2 girls and (FFTC?) I would LOVE a 3rd girl! We have e v e r y t h i n g we need for girls, my mom is 1 of 3 girls, I feel like I have the girl thing figured out. :D My husband feels the same. We would be thrilled with a boy too (obviously) but I can’t stand that people assume we want a 3rd just to try for a boy.
  • becks_726 said:
    Erinm278 said:

Or when you're team green and everyone asks "but do you want a boy or girl?"  I just want a healthy baby.  Its that simple.
    Do people actually ask these things? Good grief...
    @B@becks_726 yes.  I had several people ask with DS if I wanted a boy or girl...or "what are you hoping for?"  Its ridiculous.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @allthingsgo Relatable. 

• @disneybaby84 I generally liked being pregnant last time too, I clearly forgot about first tri though and am currently regretting anything nice I ever said about being pregnant. 
  • I don't like desserts that make me thirsty. Like brownies. Or desserts with peanut butter. Just thinking about peanut butter cookies makes me want a glass of water.
  • ruby696 said:
    I don't like desserts that make me thirsty. Like brownies. Or desserts with peanut butter. Just thinking about peanut butter cookies makes me want a glass of water.
    I like peanut butter but only on a sandwich. Reeces peanut butter cups, pb cookies, ect gross me out
  • etnyahetnyah member
    @cali1710 I used to looooove Reese’s pieces, but for the past couple years I can’t stand them. They all taste like they’ve gone bad and have the texture of chalk. Yuck! Wonder if they changed their recipe.
  • @cali1710 Yes! Peanut butter on sandwhiches is delicious. I also like it on apples. It does not belong in dessert. 
  • allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited June 2018
    @LuLiLaEv yes!

ETA:  well I keep trying to add a laughing face emoji but it won’t post it?? 

• Also I LOVE peanut butter desserts especially peanut butter and chocolate. Best combination ever! Basically I just love peanut butter. 
  • La Croix is the worst! I wanted carbonation so bad first pregnancy so I tried that. Awful. 
  • My UO is that I hate when people turn their child forward facing way to early because its 'more comfortable' for them. SO WHAT?! It's tough love.
  • Mine is not too intense today. I hate mayo, miracle whip, Mc chicken sauce, or any variation of the same thing. Yuk. I just can't do it. 

My husband would be on me saying those are all different but I don't care. Haha In my opinion they are all the same and all gross! 
  • @mainemama_ I often eat a spoon full of peanut butter because why not? Haha but I seriously love peanut butter everything. 
  • La Croix is amazing - cool if you don't like it, more for me!

I HATE Nutella. The texture, the taste. Not my jam. I'm the same with shrimp.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• I hate vanilla. It's ok when it's just one ingredient among many in baked goods and such, but when it's meant to be the dominant flavor BLECH
  • jessier19 said:
    I hate vanilla. It's ok when it's just one ingredient among many in baked goods and such, but when it's meant to be the dominant flavor BLECH
    NOOOOOOOO.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Give me all the mayo, sparkling water, peanut butter cups, vanilla.  
    I'm on board with this. 

Also, mayo is great, Miracle Whip is disgusting.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Maybe more of a FFFC than a UO, but I'm still testing with Wondfos and will until I see a HB.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @Erinm278 yup. Same. Of course my husband MUST want a boy. Obviously. Imagine the torture of 3 girls! (Faints) 

@kayjay44 I’ve seen the heartbeat. I’ll probably keep testing for a few weeks haha. 
  • LuLiLaEv YES! I have friends who try *one more time* for that boy or girl and it N E V E R works out. 

There are a small handful of things we can't control in this modern world, and traditionally the sex of your child is one of them and I think that's amazing! 

Healthy baby all the way! 
  • I’ll probably be flamed for this one hAha but for the most part I really don’t mind people touching my belly when I’m pregnant. But I would NEVER do it someone else
  • I’ll probably be flamed for this one hAha but for the most part I really don’t mind people touching my belly when I’m pregnant. But I would NEVER do it someone else
    People I know, touch away. Strangers, f off don’t touch me. 
  • You are only touching my belly if I invite you. Last pregnancy as I’m waiting to be seated at a restaurant, a lady randomly touched my belly in passing. Not Cool!
  • I think maternity pictures are weird.
  • cmjenkies said:
    I think maternity pictures are weird.
    We had family pictures done while I was pregnant but I don’t get the super maternity focused ones. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• I love watching other people’s gender reveals but I will NEVER do it.