October 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (June 13)

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 23 weeks to 24 weeks on Wednesday 6/13, so my “ticker” changes on Wednesdays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What Is you favorite guilty pleasure movie? That one you know is awful, but you just love it!

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (June 13)

• Loading the player...
  • @rc-cola are you in immigration law? I think I remember that correctly (Or I'm confusing you with my cousin who is in immigration law)
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

22 weeks, a pack of bagels

2. How are you feeling?

Ok for the most part just achy, huge and uncomfortable.  Heartburn continues its rage every night.

I have my follow up US tomorrow from our AS to check on the baby's heart. 

Just trying to stay positive about US tomorrow.  My OB was very reassuring on Friday and said she will let me know the results as soon as she gets them.  I am going to a different US location than normal so I am a little anxious about that but excited to see him tomorrow.

We leave for vacation on Saturday to the beach for a week! I am so excited to get away from work and enjoy some relaxation time with the family :D

5. GTKY: What Is you favorite guilty pleasure movie? That one you know is awful, but you just love it!

Any dance movie or cliché wedding movie!

• @knottieamusements I feel ya on work.  I have a huge amount of things to do but I'm procrastinating like crazy.  I just don't feel motivated to be here or work hard.  I'm hoping vacation will help but I'm just not sure it will make a difference lol
  • @knottieamusements mmm, Oreos. Now im
    hingry, too. Hats off to you for dealing with a bathroom remodel right now. When is it supposed to be done? 

@rc-cola  sorry work is being stressful. If you need to vent, we’re here.

@tropical1982  yay, half baked! Have fun camping :) 

@drb2424  fx for your US tomorrow! Sounds like your vacation is coming at a much needed time, too! 

• @halfanewt 10 things I hate about you is such a good one! And thank you!
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

24 weeks, cantaloupe or an ear of corn

2. How are you feeling?

Tired, I feel like I've always walked up a flight of stairs and out of breath.. other than that good!

Next tuesday!

DHs best friend comes up this weekend which I'm happy to see him but that means little to know sleep all weekend for them.. I'm not Changing my schedule lol

I mean I'm a sucker for Disney movies but those are good.. 

I really liked the last song with Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth 

• @sammierose464 yes, I’m an immigration lawyer. It’s been a rough year and half and this most recent decision from Sessions ( Attorney Generals can certify cases to themselves and make binding immigration law...) is devastating for victims of domestic violence seeking asylum.  Anyway...another day and the fight continues. Today I feel exhausted but at least energized and inspired by all of the creative advocates already pushing back.
  • rc-cola said:
    @sammierose464 yes, I’m an immigration lawyer. It’s been a rough year and half and this most recent decision from Sessions ( Attorney Generals can certify cases to themselves and make binding immigration law...) is devastating for victims of domestic violence seeking asylum.  Anyway...another day and the fight continues. Today I feel exhausted but at least energized and inspired by all of the creative advocates already pushing back.
    I can't even imagine what your job is like these days. It must be heartbreaking many days.
  • @laurasauruss that is hilarious! I’ve had a couple students whispering, but no official asks. We don’t get out ‘til next Wednesday, though. 
  • @halfanewt

I’ve been thinking about this remodel for about 5years (literally since I moved into the house).  The day I decided to get pregnant, I started looking for a contractor.  It is my only bathroom, and I was not going to deal with a small child in it. 

I’m guessing another week to week and a half. They are making progress every day, and the contractor thinks they will be able to set the toilet on either Friday or Monday (my money is on Tuesday).  Once the toilet is set, I’m moving back in; I have a gym where I can take a shower.  

@laurasauruss - That is hilarious!  Thanks for the laugh.  

• @knottieamusements keeping fx they stay on schedule! Another week still feels long!