September 2018 Moms

Deals, Steals, and Freebies

Re: Deals, Steals, and Freebies

• @ashh2018 Agreed, and sorry. BTDT, and my dumb selfie didn't remember to call them back during the week for a while, (like 2 more weeks), and so got a second month of books sent-most of which were doubles from stuff we had gotten at our shower. Suck. Hold time wasn't so long during business hours and got it turned off though. Didn't have energy to dispute charges-should have. This was 2 years ago right when I was being a NICU mom.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeamocktail it’s so wrong! Like, the people placing these orders are most likely pregnant women or new moms - exactly who doesn’t have time for this shit, and at least for me, doesn’t have $20 to spend on nothing! So angry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Albee baby has a huge stroller sale right now.
    Great sale but damn! New UPPAbaby editions are never included in these things! I'm surprised they're even completion discount eligible on Amazon (which is what I'm waiting for to buy my Vista).
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @DanyTargaryen omg I totally would have gotten that vista set in hunter green... if we were planning to spend that much on a travel system.  Which we were not. Lol. Chicco Bravo Trio for $303.99 And free shipping is what got me ;)
  • Just got the Bravo Trio too - I've been eyeing that stroller waiting for a good deal. Yay! 
  • @sarah-ruby-21. Yay!  We went with the neutral papyrus colour, just for a little warmth - DH has grey interior, but I guess he didn't want to do all grey on grey.  He was leaning toward Lake..... I guess I still sorta won.  ;) What colour did you get?
  • @ashh2018 Sounds similar to some of the coupons that I got originally at Motherhood Maternity. They give $12, and some of them are great and are like $35 off of something. For many of the items, it completely covered the price, but then shipping was $20+. No thanks.
  • @ashh2018 Sounds similar to some of the coupons that I got originally at Motherhood Maternity. They give $12, and some of them are great and are like $35 off of something. For many of the items, it completely covered the price, but then shipping was $20+. No thanks.
    My nursing cover was one of those. It was a coupon for a free nursing cover from Udder Covers, but shipping was $15. I would have never paid the $35 for one, but I actually think it was worth the $15 shipping. Enough so I bought a 2nd one because they came out with a new pattern I liked.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • @BusinessWife That sounds really nice. I liked the dark color ombra, because my last baby threw up and stained everything! lol.
  • samd6samd6 member
    We picked up the Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller - Titan from the Albee sale :) Thanks for the tip @BusinessWife
  • Amazon welcome box and babylist box arrived recently. I'll say the Amazon had a wider variety, both had some duplicates like pampers case and contents, cetaphil.
  • Not much left at Babies R Us, but sales finally mostly in the 30-50% off range. Lots of Graco strollers, car seats, pack and plays. Did manage to get a Kiinde gift set half off for $50, Aden and Anais swaddle set half off for $12.50, and diapers were 30% off, so snagged some Honest Co and Pampers Pure. 
    Our local stores are approaching 70% off, but I believe they are expected to close in the next couple weeks at this point. There was also a post on my local mom group saying they were going to stop accepting cash soon and transition to credit/debit only for purchases. Not sure if that's legit but figured I'd pass it on just in case.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • The Infant Optics DXR-8 is $144 on Amazon today (shipped from Amazon, not a third party seller). It's usually $165-175 or so.

Add-on cameras are still full price unfortunately.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Lillebaby.com has many styles on sale 40% off (both "summer solstice" and "last chance" sales. https://www.lillebaby.com/sales/last-chance/essentials-original-boardwalk.html This style comes out to $53.99 and free shipping
  • @Redpuma119 I was the stupidest...I got all those Motherhood coupons and I was like OOH FREE STUFF. So for example, if the gift card was for $35, I would only buy $20 worth of stuff thinking that the gift card would cover the shipping, because when I went to check out it showed $0. They are purposely tricking people (with pregnancy brain). Looked the next and saw all the shipping charges on my card. I was rage-y. 
  • Wow!  What a steal! @magnolia209
  • That baby butt cream applicator, tho!  :D
    @runninginva gotta love it
  • @runninginva we may or may not have 3 of those applicators. Lol! What kind of wubanub did you get? I'm really wanting to get a unicorn one for my sweet girl. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• DanyTargaryenDanyTargaryen member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks @smsaulino! I completely missed that Prime Day had been announced! I'd been watching for it too.

ETA: It looks like that July 10 date is just an estimate. Doesn't sound like an actual date has been announced by Amazon yet.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • ...unless your discount start date is 7/11  :s
  • nackienackie member
    ...unless your discount start date is 7/11  :s
    Mine is July 10 but we’re on vacation until the 11th. Fingers crossed it actually happens the next week!  

• ...unless your discount start date is 7/11  :s
    During my Googling I came across rumors that it could be July 17.

I don't get my completion discount until 7/22 but I guarantee you UPPAbaby won't be included in any Prime Day deals which is what I'm saving my discount for.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • My discount date is 7/16 - this could get really exciting!!! 
  • treeofcheemtreeofcheem member
    edited June 2018
    I think if you change your due date you'll get your discount sooner.... Not sure if you want to have the wrong date on there if you're sharing the registry, but it might be worth it depending on what you're hoping to buy and what's getting discounted.

ETA: The article above says you can't do that. So maybe it wouldn't work after all, IDK for sure.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • DanyTargaryenDanyTargaryen member
    edited June 2018
    @treeofcheem - I wouldn't be surprised if it's based on your due date when you start your registry to prevent people from doing just that!

ETA: Nevemind!! I just tried it - I moved my due date up 2 weeks and my completion discount date was moved up 2 weeks too!
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • @DanyTargaryen sorry about that. I had read something a couple of weeks ago regarding prime day, and I could have swore it said for sure it was the 10th. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• smsaulino said:
    @DanyTargaryen sorry about that. I had read something a couple of weeks ago regarding prime day, and I could have swore it said for sure it was the 10th. 
    No worries! It sounds like strongest contenders are the 10th or the 17th. I'd imagine we'd hear soon either way!
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • @jhjocelyn There are some furniture pens you can get at Lowe's that work wonders! Obviously the dings will still be there but if you get a marker color that matches the stain then it hides them. I use them for staging all the time! 
  • I know several people have mentioned wanting the city select stroller. Zulily has it for $359 today.
  • @smsaulino, after I picked up the one applicator and I had walked around for awhile, I decided I'd probably want at least 1 more so we could keep it in the diaper bag. When I walked back over they didn't have any left...haha, oh well! It was a bear wubanub. I don't think it's actually that cute, but I figured we'd probably need more than 1 so I went ahead and bought it and left the one we had already registered for on the registry.