August 2018 Moms
Options

High Risk Pregnancy Check-In - 06/05

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to go?
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: High Risk Pregnancy Check-In - 06/05

• Options
    How far along are you?
    27+5: I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of the second trimester  :worried:

Why are you high-risk?
    IC, Diabetic, AMA

Growth scan on Thursday 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    nothing except i still feel super unprepared 

Halloween Town from the Nightmare Before Christmas  <3
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 I feel super unprepared too. 

How far along are you?
    29w3d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, RPL, GD, Marginal Placenta Previa, spilling protein in urine but good blood pressures so looking into pre-eclampsia possibly

Did a 24 urine catch over the weekend to look at protein in the urine.
    Friday growth scan, biophysical profile, and OB appointment to review those plus to look at how insulin is working for GD

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My blood sugars are awful.  She started me off at 14 units with meals but I'm already backed off to 8 because I ran in the 50s all weekend.  I think I need to back off to 6 because today they were low too.  So diet/exercise controlled my after meal blood sugars before but my fasting was out of whack.  Now, with insulin, my fasting looks like she wants it to but my after meals are out of whack.  I'm frustrated and irritated and just want to feel better. 

Rave--DH is taking this all in stride.  I know he's worried, he's anxious by nature and lives with a level of anxiety that would debilitate most folks.  But on the outside he's my rock right now.  He keeps checking in on me and making sure I'm ok emotionally and physically.  He's been amazing.

A place where pregnancy was easy. 

Um, real answer I don't know really. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @Stac928 i'm sorry it's been so rough.. maybe talk to your dr about only doing the long acting over night insulin and skipping the before meal fasting acting, if diet is controlling the daytime numbers

this pregnancy really has been rough and i hate complaining about it after trying so hard and having so many losses but the reality is, being pregnant just sucks. DH and I have already decided we are going to be one and done because it's just been too much physically & mentally 

also i have a good friend who has had 3 perfect pregnancies who tries to be supportive but she really does not get how hard it is having a high risk pregnancy and sometimes i feel like just rolling my eyes so hard at her.. DH had to stop coming to my weekly ultrasounds because his blood pressure would shoot up from stress and she looked at me like i was crazy and asked why he was so anxious during the appointments... smh
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    I’m going to try a few more days. Then ask if I can just do the long lasting night time injection. 

I totally feel you pregnancy sucks. I also feel bad complaining because we lost two last year and I would have given anything, even all this to not have lost them. But that doesn’t mean that all this doesn’t suck too. 

DH is petrified to not come to appointments with me. He’s so scared I’ll get bad news there (TW......we had a missed miscarriage so found out at an ultrasound). He’s missing out on money to be at them. He doesn’t have sick leave. 

He’s talking adoption for any subsequent children. He feels helpless and I don’t think could stand to watch me go through this again. I think if I could get to a healthier starting weight we might have a slightly easier time next time. But who knows. 

People just dont get the complications unless they’ve been there. It’s not the same when you haven’t walked out of every appointment with something new to worry about. 

Aending hugs and hoping things get better for you. It’s a lot. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    mrsbubbles-2mrsbubbles-2 member
    edited June 2018
    How far along are you? 29+5

Why are you high-risk? Diabetes and old age

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? OB appt Friday, just the standard. But we scheduled out my 2x weekly monitoring, BPP and growth scans at my growth scan last Friday. Starting on the 25th I'll have a ton of appointments.

Rants/Raves/Questions? The growth scan Friday went great! Baby is hanging out in the 30th percentile and is currently head down and very wiggly.

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to go? Hogwarts of course! In fact, I'm still waiting for my letter :)

@harleyquinn0621 - I am so sorry for the stress and anxiety you are going through. I am so thrilled that you are hitting third tri!!! I'm thinking of you and sending you tons of support. Your anxiety and your worry is completely 100% valid. You are doing everything you can for that beautiful little baby and you're absolutely kicking ass! Can't wait to hear the update from the growth scan tomorrow! <3

@Stac928 - Holy crap that's a lot of insulin! Are you on Humalog for your meal time? My MFM started me on like 2-4 units and we've been slowly increasing as my need increases. Are you currently on a long-acting? Do you mind me asking what your post meal time numbers were before the insulin? Sorry so many questions, this is such a tough road to navigate and it's 1000x worse when you feel like your voice isn't being heard. Sending you hugs too, I'll be stalking for your update on Friday! <3

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 i just got off the phone with the dr office, they are scheduling out my twice a week AFI/NST tests starting July 9th... i have a feeling things are going to start speeding up here pretty soon lol
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    Hey guys I'm new but I'm on bed rest now so... Getting a *little* bored. So, Hi!

How far along are you?
    31+2

Why are you high-risk?
    Diagnosed with pre-eclampsia on Monday. Now on modified bed rest, trying to keep her in ok. Getting to 34-35 weeks would be awesome, 37 is the longest they'll let it go. I'm worried about even making it to 32 though. I was born at 32 myself, same situation.

Three appointments a week now, including non stress and fetal monitoring tomorrow. I kind of hope they check my blood panel too since I've only had it once and I would like to know it isn't getting worse so far.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Husband has started home with me since i called him from the hospital, making me food and doing stuff around the house. He's been really great, and my friends are all concerned and dropping by which is nice.

But my mom had a stroke on Monday as well, hasn't woken up yet, and i can go visit her out of state now. I'm having a hard time handling it of course. That is woeryiwo me more right now.

Atlantis from Stargate: Atlantis.
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 - omg! That's so soon!!! When the doctor came in and told us she wanted to schedule things out I was like 'okey dokey, we did that at the end of my last pregnancy, nbd.' She said that she wants it to start in 3 weeks and my eyeballs almost fell out of my head! Crazy!

So last time I would get so anxious before each one but then when I left I had this enormous sense of relief. Getting that reassurance 2x a week really does help with the worry! And the time passes soooo fast because there's the monitoring, the growth scans, the 2x month Dr appts, and I had separate MFM appts and then the random stuff like a 24 hour urine catch towards the end.

It's getting real, ladies!!!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I'm a bigger girl, so that might be part of the reason. Also before the insulin i was on metformin (I have PCOS so it was actually  unrelated to GD).  So she took me off the metformin and started the insulin.  But on metformin my after meal numbers were ranging 95-110 usually.  She actually thought those were fine but my fasting was too high.  But she was afraid taking me off metformin would cause them to be bad.  I'm on Lantus for long acting and now my fasting is down in the 80s.  But humolog with meals and now I'm down to 6 units. I'm running 73-80 two hours after meals.  She's ok with 75 and up but I still feel icky.  Foggy headed, difficult to concentrate, etc. I'm going to talk to her Friday.  In general I've loved her, this is the first time I've felt not great so hopefully Friday we can work it out.  They actually offered me an earlier appointment tomorrow to talk but we also have a growth scan on Friday and I would rather her have that info too when we meet so I'll make it one more day.  

@harleyquinn0621sounds like things are getting real!
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 How did I not think of Hogwarts! Of course!
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @hysilvinia sounds rough.  I hope your mom is doing ok?
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 don't really know yet but thanks
  • Options
    @hysilvinia - hi and welcome! Sorry you find yourself here, and it sounds like things have been really difficult for you lately. I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is to not be with someone you love when they're having medical problems, my mom passed away from cancer during my last pregnancy and we got the call that she was being sent home on hospice the day before my diabetes diagnosis landed me in the hospital for 3 days. It's the hardest thing I've ever been through but I knew that if my mom could tell me anything in that moment it was that I needed to do what was best for the baby. I'm sending you hugs and strength to get through this. Is there any way your husband or a friend could go see your mom and maybe put you on speakerphone so you can say hi and tell her you're thinking of her and wish you could be there?

@Stac928 - good luck with the talk with your doctor tomorrow - I hope you find a dosage that works for you! Not that it helps at all but every time I get a new dosage adjustment it takes a few days of feeling crummy before I start to get used to the new dosage. I'll be stalking for updates!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hysilvinia Talk about everything hitting all at once. I hope your mom will be okay. :(

@Stac928 How frustrating! I'm hopeful that you and your doctor can find a happy balance that works.

@harleyquinn0621 I'm feeling overwhelmed and unprepared the closer things get to the end as well, especially being in the process of moving. Everything is boxed up, and I feel like I'm stuck in limbo in more ways than one.

@mrsbubbles-2 I'm glad things went well.

How far along are you?
    28+4

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, GD, history of hypertension, previous miscarriage

Had routine MFM and OB appointments yesterday. Sugar check was still mostly good, but they bumped my evening meal insulin and nighttime long-acting insulin up a bit as my after dinner and thus morning fasting numbers were consistently creeping above target despite pretty much the same eating habits. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    How is it third trimester already?!

After week 32 they're going to start making me come down twice a week for AFI/NST, which while it sounds worthwhile in the end, having to drive an hour down there and an hour back home twice a week is going to suck. And with gas prices back above $3/gal again? Ugh!

Met with a new, different NP at my sugar check yesterday and I really liked her. She said my numbers were really good, and I looked at her like she had three heads. I'm a perfectionist, I hate a 124 when it should be 120 or less. She reassured me that I'm doing really well. I still wasn't buying it. Then she said that I was doing so much better than most of her patients, that a 200+ illicits a "no big deal" reaction from a lot of them. It did make me feel a little better, lol. 

I also got my Tdap shot yesterday. I always have funky reactions to them, so it's already swelled up and hurts like a mofo. 

Hobbiton
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 it actually does help that feeling icky might not be entirely abnormal. I’m feeling better today. I’ve settled into 4 units with breakfast and lunch and 6 with dinner (I’m much less active in the evening). Hopefully to doctor will have some advice today. I’m sitting at the hospital right now waiting for my growth scan. They are without an ultrasound tech at my OBs office for a few weeks.  
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 - so happy you've found a dosage that works for you! It's such a balancing game - finding that right amount to keep you in range but not make you crash. We've had to adjust mine several times now, playing with the long-acting and fast-acting to find the right dose. And I still ended up with a 1-hr post meal of 197 the other day. Sigh. Good luck on your scan! I hope baby is super cooperative and you get lots of good pics!

OB appt this morning - everything looks good, just the normal pee in a cup, doppler appt. But we're moving to 2x month appts and she brought up the induction date for the first time today! She said we're going to aim for 39 weeks unless my sugars go bonkers at the end or baby looks like she's not doing well. So August 10th-ish is looking like the date!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Update 

baby is 3 lbs 4 oz. measuring about 3 days ahead and in the 51 percentile. So we are doing good.   

Placenta still right up against the cervix so still on track to have a c section between 36 and 37 weeks. 

Doctor reduced my long acting insulin by 10% and is fine with my 4 units at breakfast and lunch and 6 at dinner. So it looks like we are doing ok with blood sugars. We are on weekly appointments so she will check again next week. But at least I feel functional right now. 

Blood pressures are lookinf good. My 24 hour urine catch looked normal for protein. She’s less worried about pre eclampsia than she was last week. Again on weekly appointments and she warned it can come on fast. So I’m still BID blood pressures at home. 

Overall a much better aopointment than last week! Much better news. 

I lost weight again but she’s not worried about that unless baby stops growing. And baby is growing fine right now. So she said just keep doing what I’m doing. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    update on my growth scan. Baby girl was moving around like crazy - she is currently measuring in the 30th percentile and her arms are showing shorter than her gestational age (arms show measuring around 24w). i'll be asking my dr about all that at next weeks appointment but otherwise she looked amazing <3 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621 I hope your doctor can clear up any information about the arm measurements
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options

@neeraja_k the traveling for an appointment does suck.  I'm about 30 minutes from my OB and the hospital.  We started weekly appointments this week.  Right now each with a growth scan and a BPP.  Soon (but I can't remember which week) the NST will be added to that as well.  It seems like I spend more time at the doctor than at work.  I can't imagine twice a week.  I'm sure you're right, it's worth it in the end but ugh in the mean time. 

Can I say that this is one of the few places I feel safe to complain about pregnancy.  I feel like most people get really judgy about it given my history of loss.  That I should just be grateful. I am grateful but that doesn't make any of the rest of this easier.  It might be my own self imposed judgment I'm projecting on others but it feels like there is no room to complain usually.  

Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 i always said i would never complain about pregnancy stuff considering my history  LOLOLOL all i do now is complain.... well, actually, i worry and complain... but it sucks so much. I'm so glad she is healthy and things are going well- but i am not a fan of the pregnancy part ... maybe if i wasn't high risk and i could workout and live a normal life it would be different? 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621 I said the same thing but damn it 8 needle sticks a day sucks.  Constant worry sucks. Watching carbs sucks.  I want to be the lady eating ice cream and sitting on the couch.  Instead I'm getting at least 30 minutes of low impact exercise, watching everything I eat, sticking myself all the time, and on pelvic rest.  I'm pretty sure DH and I talk more about blood sugar numbers, blood pressure numbers, carb counts, and my activity level than anything else right now. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 the pelvic rest might literally be killing me..... 14 weeks of it now  :s:(
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @Stac928 the pelvic rest might literally be killing me..... 14 weeks of it now  :s:(
    I can't imagine.  I'm so sorry :(

Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    How far along are you?
    31 weeks.

Why are you high-risk?
    I'm at risk of having my baby at anytime now because I'm currently 31 weeks and had both my other babies at 32 weeks.

I have an ultrasound next Tuesday.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Been very anxious lately...

Hmmm, Hogwarts or Wonderland :)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 31w + 3d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, pregnancy induced thrombocytopenia 

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? I had my regular appointment this week which was fine and then an a appointment with a hematologist concerning my already low platelet count. Will have to start having blood draws at my next OB appointment and every appointment there after.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Once my platelet count hits 50 (or below) I will be placed on high dose steroids to hopefully help bump up my platelets some. When I have taken low dose steroids in the past it has cause horrible insomnia, not looking forward to what high dose might do

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to go? Hill Valley 1950's (Back to the Future)