Expecting multiples June check-in — The Bump
September 2018 Moms

Expecting multiples June check-in

Hi all, I thought I would bring this thread back now that we're approaching the 3rd trimester. 

How far along are you? 

What kind of pregnancy? (Di/di, mono/di, etc.)

Current symptoms/questions/concerns?

How is preparation for their arrival going? Have you found special multiples products that you've gotten/are planning to get? Other resources that you are using to prepare, such as books, podcasts or websites?

Re: Expecting multiples June check-in

• iba34iba34 member
    25 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    How far along are you? 
    25+5

What kind of pregnancy? (Di/di, mono/di, etc.)
    Di/di twins. They are both girls, so we don't know for sure if they're fraternal or identical. 

Current symptoms/questions/concerns?
    I started having pain under my left rib a few weeks ago, which comes and goes in terms of how annoying it is (I did go to my provider and they think its probably just Baby B sticking her foot up under there). However, it has really exacerbated sleep problems because it makes it uncomfortable to sleep on my left side a lot of the time, which means I'm basically limited to my right side, but without being able to switch my right hip gets really sore. 

Another weird thing I've just started to have is feeling very tender around my ribs under my breasts. Like things are being stretched, but it's made most bras uncomfortable to wear - having any pressure in that area does not feel good. I've gained about 25 pounds and look quite big, but have been carrying pretty low so stretching up in that area makes sense, but oww! (I'm just under 5'2" - any other petite twin moms out there?)

How is preparation for their arrival going? Have you found special multiples products that you've gotten/are planning to get? Other resources that you are using to prepare, such as books, podcasts or websites?
    My in-laws threw a baby shower for us last weekend, and so far we've gotten most of the important things (cribs, car seats, etc.) but not set them up yet. We got the Halo Twin Bassinest to use for the first few months. We also registered for a twin-specific carrier (the TwinGo), and have gotten the TwinZ nursing pillow. 

I've read What to Do When You're Having Two and the Barbara Luke book on twins (more focused on nutrition). I've listened to some of the Twin Talks podcast as well, which has had some helpful stuff but I don't love it. We used lucieslist.com to make most of the choices for our registry. 
    starlayosemite2018