July 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC 6/8

• Loading the player...
  • @wildtot lol I definitely pee in the shower. It's like an automatic thing..once I get under the warm water it comes out.   I went and got a pedicure yesterday and it was the worst!! Went to a new place by my work: the chair was super uncomfortable, the tub was so far away from the chair I was stretched out the whole time so she could reach my toes, and I got like 1.5 minute massage per foot..if that
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @wildtot yep, guilty of peeing in the shower. I thought it was a pretty normal thing, but when I told a coworker once she thought I was extremely weird. Hey, we're using soap and cleaning ourselves... just saves a step.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wildtot I don't usually pee in the shower just because I have a weird thing about needing to wipe until I feel dry and put panties back on after peeing...BUT with preggo bladder I pee before the shower and then again like 5 min later getting into the shower lol
    @rachelsogo that makes me sad, I've been wanting to go get one, last time I tried a new place she tried filing a broken nail until it bled >_<
    I've been wearing the same outfit for like 3 days... I only get dressed/leave the office for dr appointment then come home and get back into PJ/loungeware so added up it's still less than 8 hours of wear lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rachelsogo yeah something about the water triggers it. It like the first thing that happens once I’m in so i don’t feel gross about it since i still have to wash up completely. I at least try to stand over the drain (in the middle of the shower) so it won’t splash anywhere else. 
  • I always pee in the shower. No shame. I’m positive my H does too so what’s the difference. Plus my kid prob pees in there too when he takes a bath lol. 

My confession is I didn’t do much work today. I decided to relocate from my desk to my bed because I had a bad headache. I intended to work from bed but I quickly fell asleep, woke up in time for a scheduled call with my boss, then did like an hour of work, and now I’m taking a break. Works been crazy lately, figured I’d give myself a “summer Friday” and get back to the craziness on Monday. 

• I called out of work today because im exhausted and cant even think about sitting on the floor or being present. Just way too uncomfortable 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• +1 for peeing in the shower. No shame!

I have done 2 quotes today and paid one last invoice, and other than that I have continued my HP marathon...watching the Deathly Hallows at the moment...and about to put myself on busy for my "lunch break". I accomplished a lot this week so I am going to say it's all good!
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited June 2018
    @d_marie_23 hahaha yess! I love jimmy neutron!

@gingerbride26 we have a big stall shower which sounds amazing but it has a seat in it which takes up a lot of space so I feel you on the small shower. It’s less fun when you can’t move. Or bend over  :o
  • I use to shower with H before kids but now l just want my space. Sadly is the bit of me time I get. 
  • all this talk of showering I'm feeling I really should go hop in the shower and do something with my limp hair before dinner with the in-laws....but I already have jeans and a bra on...and the idea of getting undressed, shower, dry, and get RE-dressed is incredibly unappealing
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh my gosh I cannot pee in the shower. Like I have a total mental block about it.  After giving birth to my first they took me into the shower to clean up and they were like "ok now pee a little for us" I totally couldn't do it!  They were threatening to give me a catheter because I couldn't pee  Eventually they let me move out to the shower and to the toilet and I had no problem! 
  • sm05-2sm05-2 member
    I don’t pee in the shower—I generally can’t pee unless I’m on a toilet—maybe I was too well-trained!

i took a mental health day off of work today, and did I need it! I was going crazy realizing I hadn’t planned on taking any time off before the birth (my c-section is on a Monday). Definitely needed some me time. Our cat is super happy I stayed home today, too
  • I have showered with DH a few times I only really enjoyed it when we were at some nice hotel with big stalls. He takes BATHS, mind you, so he takes forever, because after the bath he rinses off with a quick shower. The guy is weird, I know.

I also like cool showers and he likes pretty steamy ones, so it just doesn't work. 
  • +1 to a shower pee! Every single day, lol. 

I also hate showering with DH, before we were married and once or twice on vacay in a big open shower we've done it but I would rather not share that space. I'm with @wildtot its part of the hour of me time I am lucky enough to get in the morning. Plus I like my showers skin melting hot and DH likes it on the warmer side. 
  • @wildtot I also weigh in after I've gone to the bathroom, no sense in weighing that stuff! LOL.

Also, I freely admit I pee in the shower, but not when H and I shower together because that would be gross.

@mrsmiller8588 I'd rather just shower alone too, but sometimes we'll shower together and then forget that the reason we don't is because it's annoying because inevitably one of us has just rinse off and the other gets soap everywhere again.
  • I hate showering with DH and I HATE shower sex! We have a tiny shower so it sucks in there, but even in a larger shower it is always uncomfortable. 

My FFFC: the last time DH and I tried having sex was on our baby moon in Hawaii in April. It was a nice shower with a ledge to sit on and he joined me while I was showering. We tried doing it and his peen literally would not go in my vagine: too swollen/not enough lubrication and all. I got so upset and left the shower and went and cried on the bed. Needless to say we haven’t tried doing it since. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited June 2018
    @MrsMiller8588 we usually don’t have sex in the shower. Even if that was the intention. A lot of times we shower together because we both planned for a shower in the morning and that’s the only way we can both make it work. Usually I shower at nap time. 

• @rachelsogo I'm sorry it didn't go well last time u tried! I recall in our shower sex adventures tho that the water is like an anti-lubricant so I wouldn't feel too bad now about not being able to make it work. 

I think peeing in the shower is yuck. I have done it once or twice and I don't like smelling it in there with the hot steamy water.

I have peed in the ocean but I have a really hard time doing it.

If our shower was bigger I think DH and I would shower together more, but it's just a shower stall.

@kissableviv I need to shower after a bath too. In my head, I imagine all the body dirt and grime I am sitting in and I don't feel like I am clean until I rinse that all off. The bath is for relaxing, not for cleaning.... unless it's my kids. Even then, DD sometimes prefers a shower now too with the handheld nozzle.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @flockofmoosen3 I totally agree. Mind you my DH would take 3 showers a day if he could. He is not a germophobe but he hates feeling sweaty and sticky. I think working around hard core gamers for years has made him very self conscious about body odors. I swear I can't remember a time when he smelled bad. Not a bad thing I guess! So yeah the shower makes sense except the 2 things combines usually take a LONG time.

@rachelsogo exactly what @flockofmoosen3 said. It's not as glamorous as in the movies. Our attempts weren't always successful either. I think it's so much better if used as foreplay. That I remember being fun:) . If it was me, I'd get some lube and try again (not in the shower) before the end of the pregnancy, I'm sure it will feel better!
  • Agree on the lube situation and water making things more dry. I ordered some evening primrose oil on amazon yesterday, I got pills to swallow but also the liquid form for perineal massage and lube for sex - as per my midwife’s recommendation. I figure I’ll be helping prevent tearing, softening my cervix, and making sex more comfortable all at the same time. Win win! I don’t think we’ve attempted since mother’s day so we’ll see how it goes....
  • @kissableviv I hate shower foreplay too! I hate being wet and getting into bed or laying on things, I'm not sure where we would have sex after, and the mood might be broken if I had to completely dry off!
  • We have a huge shower but I hate showering with my DH because we have vastly different ideas of an appropriate water temperature. I like it just shy of scalding and he likes it just shy of cold lol. There is no happy medium where we both enjoy the shower. Also +1 for not a fan of shower sex, someone is always cold and the water washes away all the natural lube. 

My confession is is that I just ate an entire box of white cheddar mac and cheese and two peanut butter Rice Krispie treats for lunch #carbscarbscarbs.
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No sex in the shower for us. We tried plenty of times in our early years but there’s a height difference that makes it super uncomfortable and also an emergency room trip waiting to happen...Andplusalso my shaving time is private time.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker