Infertility

HCG levels after FET

Hi everyone! I had my second FET with a PGS tested blast last Thursday. The blast was hatching at the time of transfer, and my doctor thought everything went well. I took a few home tests yesterday and they were positive, which was my first time ever seeing a positive result. I was so shocked and excited. My doctor said I could come in today for my beta, though today was 2 days earlier than normal. This afternoon I found out my HCG is only 7. My doctor wants me to return on Monday for another blood test. I could go Saturday, but we are going away for the weekend for a wedding. Has anyone ever heard of HCG levels this low rising and becoming a viable pregnancy? Or is this pretty clearly a chemical? This has never happened to me before and I have no idea what to think. Would love to hear of any similar experiences! 

Re: HCG levels after FET

• I don't have experience with this myself, but the one thing I do know is that the first number isn't as important as the 2nd. The second and any after will say how long it is taking for the numbers to double. Usually the doubling time is more of a tell on if the pregnancy is viable. 

I hope the best for you but understand your concern and stress about a lower number. How many days past the transfer is it?
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    History in the spoiler (child and pregnancy loss mentioned)
    IVF #1 - Jan 2015 - 25 eggs retrieved down to 4 blasts to freeze
    FET #1 - March 2015 -- BFP twin boys
    Lost one twin June 2017
    FET #2 - August 2017 -- BFP single girl
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #2 - Jan 2018 - 13 eggs retrieved down to 1 blast
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF
    FET # 4 - Unknown start date, waiting to finalize everything

• That is a good point, thank you! Today was 7 days post transfer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My hcg at 6dpt was 6.5. It was very disconcerting but I tested two days later and it had doubled. I did two additional betas and both times it increased appropriately. 

It just seems early. Most clinics test 10dpt or later. Fx for you. Try to put the pee sticks away. It drove me crazy over the weekend I waited for next beta. 
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• With it being only 7 days post, that is super earlier that what most clincis do. Don't worry it should be fine. My clinic is mean and makes me wait 14 dpt. So I tend to poas around 9dpt cuz for me I feel like that would be a good time to wait as most clincs do beta 10dpt. 

Good luck with the 2nd beta I am sure it will rise appropriately.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    History in the spoiler (child and pregnancy loss mentioned)
    IVF #1 - Jan 2015 - 25 eggs retrieved down to 4 blasts to freeze
    FET #1 - March 2015 -- BFP twin boys
    Lost one twin June 2017
    FET #2 - August 2017 -- BFP single girl
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #2 - Jan 2018 - 13 eggs retrieved down to 1 blast
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF
    FET # 4 - Unknown start date, waiting to finalize everything