1st Trimester

Baby measuring behind

Hi ladies! This is my first post and would be super grateful if anyone could share their experience....I am currently 8 weeks preg from IVF. We went in for our second scan yesterday and baby had a strong HB (181) but was only measuring 7 weeks. RE put me on blood thinners in case there was a blood flow issue in my uterus and I have to go back in a week for another US. I’m just totally freaking out b/c he said it was “concerning”. Has this happened to anyone else and baby caught up growth wise?

Re: Baby measuring behind

• [Lurking from BOTB/Adoption/various boards]  Hopefully it’s nothing.  The blood thinners should help.  Try your best not to worry (easier said than done, right?).  Strong HB is a great sign.  Keep taking good care of yourself and visualizing a reassuring u/s next week.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • izza2izza2 member
    @mill1020 - You don't need to say you're lurking on the Trimester boards. Literally everyone from every other board comes around to respond to posts. TTGP, BMBs, IF, etc.

OP: all you can do at this point is get some R&R and wait until your next u/s. Others' experiences have zero bearing on yours. There have been ladies who've had the same situation and went on to have healthy LOs, and there have been ladies who have suffered losses. Someone else's story will not change yours.
    FX that your next u/s shows accurate growth.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • @izza2, ok thanks!  I just didn’t want to be some random weirdo who showed up.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • I am 11 weeks pregnant thru IVF. At 9 weeks my baby was measuring a week behind as well. I also have a large blood clot pushing on the baby. They told me it's too early to determine if the clot is causing it and just to wait. Good luck!