Infertility
Options

New here *waves hi*

Hi everyone,

My name is Erin and I am 35 years old.  My husband is also 35 and we've been married close to 3 years and have been TTC for 2 years.  We are diagnosed with unexplained infertility as all our tests came back normal.  After 3 rounds of Clomid, 2 rounds of medicated IUI with Femara and zero pregnancies, we decided to do IVF. 

Our IVF journey started at the end of March 2018.  My RE placed me on birth control for 10 days before I started the antagonist protocol with Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide.  I stimmed for 9 days, triggered with Lupron and my retrieval was on April 25, 2018.  They collected 12 eggs.  Of those, 9 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI, 7 made it to blast, and 6 of those 7 were PGS normal.  We were so happy with our results.  We moved forward for the FET in May and transferred one blast 5AB on May 21.  Unfortunately, my beta on May 30 was negative.  

It's only been four days since finding out, but each day brings different waves of emotions.  Sometimes, sad and guilty, but mostly scared of the unknown.  Being on this board has given me the support to move forward to FET #2.  

Thank you!  See you on the boards :)

Re: New here *waves hi*

• Options
    @bebesparrow Hi Erin!  Very sorry that you haven’t gotten any positive results, but I’m glad you are finding support here!  When do you think your next transfer will be?
  • Options
    more14more14 member
    Hi there! Sorry you are going through IF and hope your stay here is short ❤️ it's great that you're finding the support you need here!
    My doctor said something to us at the very beginning that I try to always keep in mind - there is only that much that we can do, and we'll do everything we can, but after that it all depends on the embryo and it will either stick or it won't.
    I hope your next cycle will be the one to stick!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I am jumping into another FET hopefully in July if there arent any setbacks.  I have to get on BCP for 10 days so I can do a cervical dilation.  
  • Options
    @bebesparrow I hope you get some answers and that your next transfer is a success!
  • Options
    Hi, I am sorry your first FET was a negative result. But just like you said you also got really good results from the retrieval and you have more frozen embryos. :)  I wish you all the luck with your next FET!
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    @bebesparrow Hi there. Getting 6 of 7 PGS normal is fantastic!  My clinic said that they only expect 50% of day 5 blasts to be PGS normal.  Y'all are beating the curve big time with those numbers. I'm sorry that the first FET wasn't successful, but it's great that you still have options.  I hope that your stay with us is short.  Sending baby dust your way!