Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie intro thread week of 5/28

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board
(https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Re: Newbie intro thread week of 5/28

• Ages (you and SO): I am 36 and my husband is 39

How many months have you been TTC? This is my first month TTC

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? BBT, CM, OPK

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have been married for almost 10 years and have 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). We have 2 cats, a dog, and some fish. I am a music teacher at a small Catholic school. My favorite hobby is reading! I also enjoy cooking and maintaining a very small garden in our backyard.

• Ages (you and SO): I am 34 and DH is 36

How many months have you been TTC?  I think we just hit 13 months of ttc

What are you doing to get knocked up 

we are tracking using 2 apps. We got the Ava braclet thing ( i am thinking a waste of money) and we are going to use clomid (used one round but it dident work) and yay me i have HPV that needs another LEEP procedure i have to schedule for before doing more Clomid

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) 

well we have a 7 yesr old who is amazing so energetic all the time , DH amd i own a delivery company and i work for a garbage company in customer service. As you saw above i have been dealing with HPV i got it a super long time ago and it went from a level 2 to a level 3 amd i have had 3 Leeps and now apperantly have to do a 4Th and that is stressing me out. I was on the TTC board last year but had to take some time off so I figured i would re introduce myself instead of being a complete random. 

• Loading the player...
  • aukeevaukeev member
    edited May 2018
    Hello! Newbie here. Primarily looking for some community, as it seems everyone around us is expecting except for us lately.

Ages (you and SO): Both 26

How many months have you been TTC? 18

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? I have PCOS and have been on Metformin and Progesterone for quite a while, but just started new treatment plan — see siggy for details. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am in advertising/PR, DH is a financial advisor. First time TTC. We're house flippers and love traveling and gardening.

• Hello everyone! :)

Ages (you and SO): I'm 30, he's 31

How many months have you been TTC? Well...we've been NTNP (is that the right acronym? Y'all have more acronyms than the government around here! :) ) since late April/early May. Basically just stopped using condoms, which has been our only form of birth control for years. However, over the last few weeks I've gradually got my mind around to more actively TTC, which is why I'm here :)

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? For now: simply no longer using protection and starting to be more cognizant of my cycles. As a younger person, my cycles were clock-work 28 day cycles. I lost ~60lbs over the last 18 months and am now squarely in the middle of my BMI range but it seems that has altered my cycles - have been every 6 weeks (and last month only 5 weeks!) I recognize that I may need to put more leg work into discerning my ovulation time/fertile window but for the next few cycles I'm content to try a more laissez-faire approach.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am a regular hiker, an avid bookworm and a diehard sports fan. I'm addicted to Diet Pepsi and fruit. Hubs is an engineer and is extremely handy; I'm a veterinarian and am the least handy person on the planet. We don't have any kids right now - this is our first go at things - but we do have one great dog and a lovely bunch of laying hens that keep us entertained. Excited to join you all on this journey :)

• Ages (you and SO):  I'm 30, he's 33

How many months have you been TTC?  Been 2 months since I stopped the Pill but I only had my first period last week so we're just getting started.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?  Not much besides the sex. I'm using an app called Clue, which is really informative so I've been paying more attention to my body. I am still learning about charting, and lurking quite a bit. :)

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)  I manage a medical billing office, I have an 11 year old Yorkie, I like yoga (especially hot yoga) and hiking. 

• @lindanp I'm also a big yoga fan! I can't do hot yoga though, haha.
  • Ages (you and SO): I am 41 and he is 39

How many months have you been TTC? Been trying for almost 19 years 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Just using ovulation kit

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have one dog that is 8 year old. My hobbies are painting, hiking, Kentucky wildcats games, going to concerts. 

• cabu14cabu14 member
    Ages (you and SO):  I am 31 and my husband Kevin is 32

How many months have you been TTC?  We are planning to TFAS this summer/fall so just getting back into things. We are using condoms as BC right now. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?  I plan to start temping and tracking CM. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I have a 16 month old, Quinn who is spunky, two little dogs (maltipoo Penny & miniature schnauzer Koa), I'm an accountant and Kevin is a department head for tree work, Hobbies - i don't much have time for these anymore but reading, being outside, we go camping a few times a year, I used to craft all the time!  I like watching reality tv as an escape from real world problems lol I am currently on 90 Day Fiancé... don't same me ahH! I also need to drink all the wine before we officially start TFAS. 

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Ages (you and SO):  I’m 31 and he’s 34.

How many months have you been TTC?  I had my IUD removed in March and we started TTC in September.  I had 2 regular cycles (26-28 days) and then I quit having normal cycles.  I went to my OB twice and he referred me on for further testing.  Ive been dxed with anovulatory cycles.  I’m taking Provera right now to start my period and we will try our first medicated cycle next month.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? BBT, OPK, and next cycle we will try our first clomid cycle next month.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have 2 daughters, 6 and 5.  I was a fairly regular on TTGP when we tried for my 6 year old.  We have a small circus of animals. Cats, dogs, chickens, goats, and a guinea pig.  I’m all the time trying to talk my husband into something new.  My husband is a PE teacher and I’m an SLP.  My hobbies include: Netflix, swimming, yoga, wine and compulsive google research.  I also love to read and will read pretty much anything I can get my hands on.  As a family, we love football games and concerts.  DH likes gardening, video games,  and craft beer.  I’m excited to move forward with this party.

• Ages (you and SO):  I’m 24 and he’s 27.

How many months have you been TTC?  This is my first cycle TTC had my Paragaurd IUD removed on 05/19.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? I have only been tracking my last two cycles on the glow app and bumping up the amount of sex. My ovulation period just ended and now we are starting the two week wait!

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am super new here so this is my first post and I hope I am figuring it out right, I will mostly be lurking for a while I am sure haha. My husband and I have been together for 3 years and we have one pup and two cats ❤ My husband works sanitation and I am a full time EMT-B... so that makes me nervous as far as how much my job and pregnancy will interfere with each other. Are there any other that are dealing/have had to deal with EMS during pregnancy? 

All in all we are very excited to start this journey! 

• vl_16vl_16 member
    edited June 2018
    Ages (you and SO): 27 & 32

How many months have you been TTC? 1, just stopped birth control after 12 years

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Tracking estimated ovulation time and increasing sex. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I'm trying to lurk more. It's all nerve wracking. I keep busy with video games and getting out to parks and seeing the city. No kids, we've been waiting 2 years to get our lives in order and that was very hard to do. We both really want to start this journey

• Ages (you and SO): 26 & 29

How many months have you been TTC? This is our first month/cycle TTC #3

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? My cycles are still getting back to normal after nursing our youngest, so for now I've just been keeping track of AF to get a general idea of when ovulation should happen. I'll probably invest in some OPKs if we're unsuccessful after a few cycles.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I'm a STAHM to Nora (8/4/2015) and Benjamin (6/2/2017). We live on a ranch in Central Montana, where we raise kids, cows, pigs, and chickens. I've been a member of The Bump for a while now, but I've only been active sporadically because, life. I look forward to becoming a more involved member of this community with you ladies, and I hope I can add positivity and encouragement to the board. 

Married: September 13, 2014
    Me: 26 DH: 29
    DD: August 4, 2015
    DS: June 2, 2017
    TTC # 3
  • leksiLleksiL member
    Ages (you and SO): 37 & 35

How many months have you been TTC? We are just coming around to the idea of TTC again but I thought I'd stop by and say hi and get to know people! I currently have a paraguard IUD but considering having it taken out on my next GYN appt 6/18. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Nothing yet! I am trying to strengthen my relationship with my husband and our finances to prepare for going through this journey again. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)  I work in reinsurance and my husband is an engineer who is in construction management. It seems like life revolves around our 18 month old girl, Baby Bells. We have very busy work lives and therefore try to spend as much time with our daughter as possible during the day. I am training for the Hartford marathon in October but only the HALF. Love being outside as much as possible, just got our beach pass for the summer. I read a lot and listen to true crime podcasts, and we love eating out especially in the summer.

Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Reintroducing myself - lots of newbies on the board

Ages (you and SO): 36 (almost 37)/40

How many months have you been TTC? 8

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

*TW - Loss*

recently had a MC at end of May, waiting for cycle to return.

*end TW*

back to supp progesterone, vit d, magnesium, coq10, and all that good stuff

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I have two cats and am a librarian! I read voraciously and plan to get back to quilting once DH and I close on our new house next month.

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 I'm so so sorry to see you back here <3

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • catlady2015 sorry to see you back so soon. I hope the closing on your house goes smoothly!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @bean1818 @stardust317 I'm about to start my second cycle of clomid. Fx it works for us!

@catlady2015 I'm sorry to see you back here friend. We are all here to support you!
  • @catlady2015a cat lover, a librarian and a quilter? You sound like a person I'd love to know! I'm sorry that you're back here by no choice of your own, but thanks for re-introducing yourself to us new kids <3
  • @catlady2015 So sorry for your loss :heart:
  • @catlady2015 Aw friend, so sorry you find yourself back here. *hugs*  <3
  • @catlady2015 my love tit is I hate to see you back here again. I’m sorry for your loss. 
  • _blackbird_blackbird member
    edited June 2018
    Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster... very happy to have found these boards and have you knowledgable ladies around to help the TTC process.

Ages (you and SO): 
    31 & 33

How many months have you been TTC? About to hit four months.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Tracking my cycles using the Clue app, OPKs, FWI.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Trying for our first baby, although we have two cats who are basically like our children. I work as a freelancer and my SO works in film/TV. We're currently renovating our house and TBH like spending most of our time at home being boring!

Not many of my close friends have children yet but those who do, all got pregnant on their first go! I think that set me up with some unrealistic expectations for this process but I know it's still early days. It doesn't help that I'm a pretty impatient person though.

Nice to meet you and @catlady2015 I'm very sorry for your loss. 

• I posed a couple times in the TFAS threads, but now I realize I might not have done a "proper" introduction here. I have been lurking pretty hard lately so I am trying to get a feel for everything.

Ages (you and SO): 
     32, DH is 37

How many months have you been TTC?  We are just starting the process, so 1/1. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? CM, tracking cycles with Pink Pad 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have a DS who is 1. He is so funny and seriously the little light of my life. I don't have a ton of free time for hobbies nowadays, but I have been known to be a little crafty (card making and sewing were my jam!) and a bit athletic (I'm just getting back into running - I was a pretty hardcore runner in my college days).  DH and I love to travel and we've already taken DS to Europe and Hawaii.  The first flight we took DS on was pretty much the worst experience ever (12 hours long, plus 4 hours sitting on the runway!), so it's literally been smooth flying since then, lol. 

• Hello everyone!

I have been lurking for several months now. I thought I’d finally join in an introduce myself. :) 

Ages (you and SO): I am 31 and my DH is 34

How many months have you been TTC? we have been trying to conceive for several years now. At first we were just not using protection and were being carefree about TTC, but in the past year I’ve been working with my doctor and doing some charting. We currently have no children. 

What are you doing to get knocked up? I am currently using an app called Clue to track my monthly cycle, and I use OPK’s. My DH and I experienced a MC in February at 8 weeks. We are on our 2nd cycle now since my MC, and I am ready to jump back in the saddle now of TTC again.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am a 3rd grade math teacher and my husband is a craft beer salesman. I love my job and I greatly enjoy working with children! We have one dog and one cat, they are our babies!!! I look forward to getting to know everyone here and joining in on discussions when I can.

• Hi everyone! I searched for a more recent intro thread but couldn't find one so I hope it's OK to introduce myself here. Really looking forward to being a part of the community!

Ages (you and SO): 
    35 & 36

How many months have you been TTC? 4 months

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Charting, taking Prenatal vitamins, and of course trying to time intercourse correctly each month.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I work from home running my own online business and my husband is in the Marine Corps. I have a 12-year-old daughter from a previous marriage and we have 2 awesome dogs :smile: We decided to TTC in February, and I had my Mirena IUD removed Feb 15th after 9 years. My cycles are finally getting back to "normal" but I'm worried about my age when it comes to getting pregnant, so I guess we'll see. I love to journal and lots of other crafty things in my spare time  :)

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

• Is this intro thread still alive? I didn't think it was cool for me to start a new one as a newbie, so I'll just pop in here....

Ages (you and SO):
    29 & 30

How many months have you been TTC? 2

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?   Charting temps and CM at this point.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):   I am a teacher (grade 5), and have a handsome mutt of a dog (he's 5) and one daughter who is turning 2 soon. I originally joined the bump while TTC her and am just jumping back into the app after a hiatus. DH and I met in university have been together for 11 years or so.

I have been lurking around and enjoying the "calm down you're not pregnant" thread thoroughly! 

As for hobbies, we love to be outside and hiking, camping, etc., but, mostly our hobbies are trying to survive toddlerhood as working parents while living 2300 km away from our families.