October 2018 Moms
Options

Sunday ticker change

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 21 weeks to 22 weeks on Sunday 6/3, so my “ticker” changes on Sundays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: if you could change one thing about yourself what would you change. ALSO, what is one thing you love about yourself? 

Re: Sunday ticker change

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 22 weeks and coconut, papaya  or about the size of your hand. 

2. How are you feeling? Still very good except the hemroid. 

3. Any appointments this week? Just chiropractor appointments.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Hemroids suck. 

5. GTKY: if you could change one thing about yourself what would you change. ALSO, what is one thing you love about yourself?

Change - no black hair on face, neck, chest

Love - smile and sense of humor 

• Options

21 weeks, endives

2. How are you feeling?

Still pretty good, although I did end up on antibiotics for a UTI

I see my OB on Tuesday, and have an ultrasound Thursday

DS2 is having a hard time listening and leaving his siblings alone lately. I’m not sure if it’s related to the new babies on the way or what, but he’s been awful!

Hate - I am the world’s laziest housekeeper. I rarely have motivation to tidy up, so a lot of the work ends up falling on DH. 

Love - I’ve got a twisted sense of humour. I keeps me sane at work!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

19 weeks. Size of a zesty zucchini or mango

2. How are you feeling?

Feeling good, still just dealing with insomnia.

Naturopath and dentist (yuck!)

So frustrated that I still have to wait another 2 1/2 weeks before my anatomy scan.

I tend to be a little bossy and could definitely try to be less of a boss. 

I love my smile and always told that it’s beautiful. Paid lots of money to have the smile I have so I love it :)

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 22w.  Size of a coconut

2. How are you feeling? OK.  Lots of movements.

3. Any appointments this week? Fetal Echo Cardiogram today- routine for diabetic moms

4. Rants/raves/questions?  I quit my job last week :0  Does that count?

5. GTKY: if you could change one thing about yourself what would you change. ALSO, what is one thing you love about yourself? I would stop being so hard on myself and letting my anxiety dictate how I live or how I let my kids live.  I love that I am kin and forgiving and try to always see the best in people.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

22 weeks- a papaya, coconut, spaghetti squash, etc. Who comes up with these?

2. How are you feeling? 

I have been feeling the best I’ve felt all pregnancy! I got an energy blast this weekend and cleaned the dreaded basement dungeon and started clearing out our spare room for the nursery. I’m totally exhausted now but it felt so good to be productive finally!

Nope  

Since my energy boost this weekend I actually went out with friends for Karaoke. I found out that I’m not as good of a singer with rootbeer. Lol. Also it pissed me off when DH bought shots for everyone. I don’t mind him enjoying alcohol in moderation while I abstain for our baby, but excessive indulgence irritates the hell out of me.

I have been known to be a bit on the judgemental, bossy, critical side. See rant above. 

On the other hand my Virgo nature makes me a hard worker and good at getting sh*t done. 

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 19 weeks - mango

2. How are you feeling? Still barfing most days, energy is mostly normal again thankfully, insomnia is in full force. No pains though! Overall it great but not awful so not complaining!

3. Any appointments this week? Nope - had my mw apt last week and baby is sitting super low and she said to expect pelvic pain if baby stays so low (and said it’s common with third+ pregnancies because the muscles are more relaxed so the uterus is like a hammock for baby). And my ultrasound is next week which I’m super excited for!

4. Rants/raves/questions? Not this week

I have a twisted relationship with food and have struggled with my weight my entire life so would love to change that. Pregnancy tends to be when I am most consistent and healthy as apparently my unborn child’s life is more important to keep healthy than my own. Hoping to keep it up after baby is born this time.

Overall I like a lot about me - I think I’m a pretty good person most of the time. If I had to pick one thing I’d probably choose my compassion and drive to empathize with and fight alongside the vulnerable.

Pregnancy Ticker