December 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments w/o 5.27

Goodbye May & hello June! What appointments are on this week's schedule?

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Weekly Appointments w/o 5.27

• I have a last minute scheduled appointment with my high risk OB to discuss my glucose numbers and medication options for GD. My regular OB prescribed a pill to help get my fasting number under control, but it hasn't done a thing to help. I'm guessing he'll prescribe me insulin now, boo. So, not a "fun" appointment. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • I've got my NT scan tomorrow afternoon. Good luck at your appointments this week @CecilB93  & @runrinserepeat

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have my 11 week appointment on Thursday. I'm meeting with a nurse first then with one of the midwives from the midwife group that I've selected. Should take about an hour and a half total. It won't include ultrasound, but I'm assuming they'll use the doppler and I'll get to hear the heartbeat. :) My previous appointment at 7 weeks was with my normal gynecologist. 

We're going to discuss NIPT and NT and all of that, but I'm not sure my insurance will cover it (which is crazy since it's so good and covers like everything else...) I'm hoping that out of pocket fees aren't too bad for that... in which case I'd probably opt in for those. If it's too much, then I won't. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I hope the higher dose helps @CecilB93
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Oooh, just went all crazy and got distracted at work. I looked up my insurance's clinical policy bulletin online and did some sleuthing. I can get the NT testing with first trimester serum analyte tests. They think of those as medically necessary when both are done. If something was to show up from that, then they'd cover the NIPT like MaterniT21, Harmony, etc. Even though I want to know the sex of the baby, I guess I have to hope that I'm not covered for NIPT.  :D
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have my Harmony NIPT tomorrow morning. Starts with some consultation, followed by an ultrasound, then finally the blood work. I'll be 10.5w. 

Pretty sure the u/s is not part of the NIPT but rather is just to confirm the pregnancy before doing the bw.

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40 | SO: 32

DDs: 11, 7.5 |  Due: 22-Dec

We're having another GIRL!!  <3

• Just posted in the genetics thread but figured I'd add a few details unrelated to genetics here.  The NT scan went fine, negative for DS and trisomy 13 & 18.  My dr wanted to do a pap smear since I haven't had one in a while and she said I have a cervical polyp.  She said that normally she'd just "twist it off" which sounds quite horrible, but that she wouldn't since I'm more likely to bleed a lot while pregnant.  She didn't seem worried about it and said it could be removed after delivery if it was still there.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I haven't had spotting since week 7, but I read online that these polyps can cause spotting at any point.  There is also a tiny chance it could be cancerous, which I'm trying not to worry about.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CecilB93 Hoping the increased dose brings your numbers down so you don't have to go on insulin next week!  If you do though, at least you are keeping it in control.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd I had one when I was pregnant with DD. My OB said the same thing, but also said they usually come off/resolve themselves with childbirth and that’s what happened with mine. 

I did have some spotting early on, but knowing what was causing it definitely eased my mind. I don’t think it was an issue after first tri at all. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I had my second appointment today. We couldn’t hear the baby, but that’s super normal for me. I met my second MW and love her. This office is at the other MWs house and so I saw her too. H really likes them as well, so we’re really thrilled to have them on our team!

Side note, I signed up and was accepted to go on birth tube, so it looks like come December I’ll be live-streaming my birth. 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runrinserepeat That makes me feel better, thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd I've only had nasal polyps, but my Dr.s like to assure me that polyps are usually normal and just a product of human bodies being weird.

@Gwyneddlesliegrace I'm going to Google this Birth Tube, but I have a creeping feeling that I won't be tuning in (I have a very low tolerance for internet videos and the like). 

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango It’s a Facebook group! I love births, and wish I shot more of them, so it’s a way to get my fix.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @echo-charlietango Honestly the polyp thing freaks me out.  I don't like the idea of bodies randomly growing extra tissue.  Guess there is nothing I can do about it though!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd twist it off?? Oh god I'm glad she decided against that method  :s 
  • @Gwyneddlesliegrace That sounds so interesting! ImI definitely gonna check out the group. Kudos to you for being willing to (brave enough?!) To live stream your L&D!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @CecilB93 yay!!!
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @CecilB93 Hooray!!!

@deutschmama I know, right?  Apparently this is the standard method for removal!  They don't even numb you unless it's attached with a wide base.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CecilB93 Yay!! Awesome news!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @CecilB93 Nice fasting number! I hope you don't need insulin this pregnancy either - FX!

Anniversary
  • I have my next appointment tomorrow morning at 8. I'm excited and nervous. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler! We'll also talk with the midwife about the NT scan and blood tests and decide whether or not to do them. (NIPT isn't covered unless the NT scan and other tests bring something up, so I also want to find out the out of pocket cost if insurance won't cover it.)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Side note, I signed up and was accepted to go on birth tube, so it looks like come December I’ll be live-streaming my birth. 
    What!! That’s interesting! Will you just be streaming it to friends and family or the whole works? Are you having a home birth?

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @AdorkablePixie I'm sorry that you are feeling stressed. I'm sure if they had a large concern they'd suggest a more invasive/detailed test than the NT scan.
  • @AdorkablePixie Ugh sorry the nurse is making you worry.  It seems pointless to mention that since all it does is make you worry and like Jen_Hoes pointed out, they aren't recommending a more invasive test.  I hope everything is alright at your NT scan.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CecilB93 congrats on your fasting number!!
  • I don't think this warrants it's own thread, but it's just on my mind and I need to vent. Haven't told SO yet because he's finishing his finals for school and I don't want to stress him out until he's back home. ANYWAY, at my last appt I had my pap and blood draws and what not, well my OB called me today and said they found a "low grade abnormal pap" result. I googled the hell out of this; but usually it's related to HPV, but one that's less likely to cause cancer supposedly and should clear up on it's own.  Anyway, have any of you mamas experienced anything like that? Abnormal paps while pregnant and it turned out to be nothing? My OB suggested a colposcopy once the baby is born to see if it cleared up on it's own later on which she said is quite possible.  Blah. I'm prob worrying for nothing as my OB didn't seem too concerned about it. Anyway, venting over lol. 
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • @trucksntutus I only have partial experience. I had an abnormal pap in my early 20s, was HPV positive, and I had a colpo. Colposcopy revealed a lot of abnormal cells and at least three areas were snipped out for biopsies. Everything was cancer-free -which was a surprise, my family is very cancer prone- and the HPV did clear up on its own. Haven't had an abnormal pap since. 
    I totally understand the stress, but would agree with your OB to relax about it. They'll keep an eye on your parts and let you know if further steps need to be taken. *hugs*

Anniversary
  • That's a relief to hear @echo-charlietango that even after more were found it was still okay. I try to stay positive but I know it's a real possibility as I am positive for the BRCA1 which puts me at a higher risk for cervical and breast cancers. However I'm going to remain positive about it. :) 
  • edited May 2018
    @trucksntutus Oh yeah, my family history had enough jazz that Tricare fully covered my BRCA1 testing. You're a milspo, right? I'm on Prime and mine was covered 100 percent.

Edit - I misread your comment! Sorry you're positive for BCRA1, at least we know that a lot of women who are positive don't develop breast or cervical cancer :smile:

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango Yes, and yes! I've known for awhile though and have made peace with the possibility, (I'm 28 and found out when I was 21) and my testing was covered as my mom is a breast cancer survivor.  If it's only HPV I'm not too worried about it as it's so common. Just have to watch and see and hopefully it's nothing, my OB said it was pretty mild and not worth doing any sort of biopsy or testing on it until after babe is born. I just hate waiting games though. lol! 
  • hkomhkom member
    @trucksntutus I'm late to this but I wanted to chime in since getting any abnormal result on a test is scary.  I'm sorry though I can't relate to being BCRA positive.

I had a mildly abnormal pap result in college, but the colposcopy never determined it was HPV or anything else. Whatever it was went away on its own and I've had normal paps for the last 10 years. Sometimes cells just go wonky for no real reason and then fix themselves.  I hope that's the case for you and you can not worry too much!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Jens_Hoes and @kadeephd That's a good point. Thanks! I also feel like at 9w it's WAY to early to know anything. A lot can change in four weeks.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018