January 2019 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1-7

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Symptoms?

R/R/Q 

GTKY: How do you plan (or how did you) tell family/friends you were expecting?
DH: 29 | Me: 29 
Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
DD: 10/5/16
TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
DS: 1/9/19
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1-7

• emmaaaemmaaa member
    How far along are you? 8w1d

How big is baby? Raspberry

Symptoms? Nothing too prominent at the moment. Just kind of tired overall.

R/R/Q Our first appointment is tomorrow!! I REALLY hope we get to hear the heartbeat and do an ultrasound but we shall see

If everything goes well at the appointment tomorrow, we will probably try to stop by and tell our moms at their work (they both work near our doctor's office). Then we may stop by and tell my dad that evening. We don't plan to do anything extravagent. We will probably just tell our friends as we see them.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? 

8+3

How big is baby? 

Uh, a raspberry, I think? 

Symptoms?

Uber bloat, occasional nausea, food aversions, exhaustion

R/R/Q 

I normally love MM LaFleur clothes, and was looking forward to trying out a bento box of their "pregnancy friendly" styles. What a waste that was. One dress made me look 4-5 months pregnant (stupid bloat), and another had zero form at all and fit like a  giant sack.  Out of the whole box, I'm keeping one shirt.  I may try their DC showroom to see if I can have more luck that way.  

I told my closest friends the day after I found out.  We told my side last weekend.  DH's family lives about 1000 miles away, but we're visiting them on father's day weekend so we'll tell them then. 

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 8+1

How big is baby? raspberry

Symptoms? tired and very sensitive nips

R/R/Q:  Can the next 2 weeks fly by so I can do Sneak Peek already???

We were having lunch with DHs parents and my mom so we told them all together. I told my Dad about a week later on the phone ( he lives overseas) and told my sister on Sunday on the phone. We will anniuann to the rest of the family after my 12 w scan and Sneak Peek results come back. 
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @emmaaa Good luck at your appointment! 

@AshVA Good to know about MM LaFluer. I was thinking about trying out a bento box for work clothes. 

How far along are you? 
    8+3 

How big is baby? Raspberry 

Symptoms? Horrible morning sickness (all day long) and fatigue. My doc gave me Bonjesta (B6 and unisom), and it has been a lifesaver. 

R/R/Q - I think the below counts as my rant. 

We've only told immediate family so far. We told DH family yesterday, and it was a bit.. disappointing. We weren't planning to tell so early, but we are hardly ever all together so last minute we decided it was a good time. Although obviously everyone is excited, my sister-in-law had to give me a lecture about how early it is and made me feel bad for telling them. It just kind of ruined the experience for us and now I feel stressed that if something happens I'm going to get the "I told you so" lecture.

Telling my sister was so great. I pretended like I was taking a picture of her (but really took a video) and counted down "1, 2, 3 I'm pregnant!" Her reaction was priceless and makes me cry when I watch the video. 
  • @krissy2241 I generally love their stuff, and I do have 3 dresses and a skirt from them that I think I'll be able to wear until at least 4 months.  This particular box was just a bust for me.  If you live near one of their boutiques, that might be a safer option.

• mrsmangmrsmang member
    @AshVA I look at their stuff and think it’s so cute all the time but the prices are eek!  Maybe I’ll have to make a trip to their boutique on my lunch break soon. 
  •  Also, @krissy2241, boo to your sister in law.  If she bothers you about it again, maybe you could say something like "We told our close family because we wanted you to share in our joy, and because we knew we'll need the support of family if God forbid something bad happens. Would you rather we said nothing, then pretend not to be grieving if something bad happened?"

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @AshVA That is a great response. Hopefully, she leaves it alone, but if not, I'll say something along those lines. Thank you!
  • How far along are you? 
    8 + 5
    How big is baby? 
    Gummy bear
    Symptoms?
    My nausea is a little bit better today! First day I haven’t had dry heaves brushing my teeth in a month!! Still exhausted. And my emotions are at an 11. My default emotion is now rage, so that’s fun. 
    R/R/Q 
    I feel like I have three jobs right now. My corporate 9-5 job, my side business, and growing a tiny human. I’m constantly overwhelmed and don’t know what kind of help to ask for. It’s not like someone else can do my work and DH is unemployed so it’s not like I have the funds to hire out anything either. I just cry a little everyday and hope I can juggle being a mom on top of my other responsibilities. 

I called to tell my immediate family right away. We are close and I would want their support no matter what happened. We told DH’s parents on Mother’s Day. He said: Mom, I’m sorry but this will be your last mother’s day...because next year you’ll be celebrating Grandmother’s Day. She and my FIL (also on the phone) were so excited. 
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    edited May 2018
    How far along are you? 8+1

How big is baby? No idea

Symptoms? My boobs are GINORMOUS. And they hurt so, so much. Still have an awful sour/bitter taste in my mouth. Food aversions. I gag/dry heave at the sight/thought of certain foods or smells. My nose is super sensitive. Some days I'm tired and nap/go to bed early and some days I'm OK. Also still having intermittent insomnia and vivid dreams.

R/R/Q: 

GTKY: How do you plan (or how did you) tell family/friends you were expecting? I basically don't have any family. Long story short, my sister (who had a baby the same time I was due with my first loss) decided that I had grieved long enough according to her and told me I am no longer welcome in her home or at family functions since I'm not all goo-goo-ga-ga over her son. My parents, who are fucking clueless, have apparently "sided" with her because they also haven't talked to me since. My loss therapist is appalled at their behaviour (and the email I was sent from my sister) and told me to just cut them out for now because I don't need that kind of negativity and stress when I'm dealing with such high anxiety from PGAL/PAIF. So who knows. Maybe I'll just show up at an extended family function after I've had the baby. I've only told one friend who knew about our IVF. Everyone else will just figure it out when my belly starts to grow. Same with work.

ETA: Fix formatting 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 oh my gosh! I'm so sorry your family had treated you that way. 
  • How far along are you? 8+6?  Or 9.  Idk.  Third baby problems.

How big is baby? again, no clue.  

Symptoms? sick constantly, tired constantly, weird dreams, lack of patience, emotional craziness... etc.

R/R/Q It's just been a crap week.

Wait until they guess?  Some time shortly before we find out the sex we'll do a "tie breaker coming January 2019" picture to throw on facebook.  Other than that, not really "announcing".  I just had baby #2 in July 2017 and a lot of family weren't excited about that (thought our kids would be too close together), so I don't expect sunshine and rainbows this time.
  • How far along are you? 
    9 weeks 4 days

How big is baby? 
    Tater tot

Symptoms?
    A little of everything. Nausea with vomiting (boooo!), sore boobs, tired. 

R/R/Q 
    Rant: It’s 100 degrees here today. Bleh!

We have already told our immediately family. We called/texted DH’s family. I put a poem with pictures of my tests that said “roses are red, the stick turned blue, look out world, here comes baby #2!”They are all excited. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsmangmrsmang member
    How far along are you? 
    8+6 by my estimates?  Waiting on dr confirmation next week. 

How big is baby? 
    Peanut!

Symptoms?
    tons of nausea which I finally caved and got medication for, fatigue, bloating

R/R/Q 
    Work has been insane. I can’t wait for this month to be over!

I told a few really close friends the day I found out. Otherwise we’ve been keeping it quiet. My family will be visiting us on father’s day so if all goes well at the dr next week and until that weekend we plan to tell everyone for father’s day!  After the appointment next week I’m planning to start talking to my HR and figuring out how and when to tell my boss and coworkers. 
  • Hi everyone! Sorry I’ve been MIA. We did the final move of everything into our house this weekend and have been going non-stop everyday from like 6am—10pm (plus back to work today). Needless to say this combined with first tri exhaustion are not treating me kindly. 

How far along are you?
    8 weeks 3 days by dating ultrasound last week!

How big is baby? According to the app when I logged in it’s a gummy bear!  

Symptoms? My nausea and indigestion and gagging has been OUT OF CONTROL for a little over a week now. With DD the aversions and gagging hit early and stayed consistent. It wasn’t awful I just couldn’t eat fresh food and I just wasn’t super hungry in general. Now I’m gagging and nauseas multiple times a day. Especially when I’m hungry or if I eat even a little too much. And don’t even get me started on changing DDs poopy diapers. I have thrown up every time I see or smell one. Otherwise I’m exhausted and bloated and grumpy.

R/R/Q We’ve had the worst couple of days. Our AC wasn’t working and it was 85 in our house while we were trying to get things in order yesterday. We couldn’t get someone to fix it until 8pm. Then this morning DD had a really nasty awful black poop so I had to leave work and take her to the ER (she’s been having issues for a couple of weeks now). They ended up discharging us with no tests and telling us to follow up with her GI (which I’m thankful for because it means they didn’t think it was or immediate concern).

I told my mom and my BFF. H told one of his friends because he kind of guessed. We don’t have any plans to tell anyone else anytime soon. Maybe we’ll take a picture at the beach this summer with DD. My mom wants to maybe do a BBQ and have us announce to family there. We’ll see. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• How far along are you? 9+0 today 

How big is baby? still tiny

Symptoms? the nausea has finally let up the last few days. Hope it’s going to stay gone. Everything still smells gross to me. Still feel bloated. Wake up at night to pee and then can’t go back to sleep forever. 

R/R/Q we have a dating ultrasound tomorrow and I’m really hoping DH can get off work to come with me. 

GTKY: How do you plan (or how did you) tell family/friends you were expecting? we told our parents on mother’s day. I have told two people at work. If everything looks good tomorrow, I’ll tell my two closest friends tomorrow night and my principal next week on the last day of school. We’ll probably wait to really announce a few more weeks.  
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • @BitterBetty12 Yikes, what a rough few days. Moving with first tri exhaustion sounds awful.

I hope your DD feels better soon! 

• @jandd2014 FX for your appointment today!! Also we’re you active in TTGP in 2016 at all? Your username looks really familiar. 

@AshVA thank you! It’s been crazy and there’s still so much to do! I’m beat. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• KLS123KLS123 member
    How far along are you? 9 weeks and 2 days according to my dating ultrasound this morning :)

How big is baby? a pecan

Symptoms? My nausea is actually getting a bit better (or I'm getting use to it) but still throwing up pretty much every morning.... It's starting to get harder and harder to get a good nights sleep as I keep getting up to pee and am just generally uncomfortable.

R/R/Q still in total awe of my first ultrasound this morning. Little Bean had a heart beat and was wiggling around and waving at us...so crazy and starting to really make this feel real!

We told my parent on Mother's day with a homemade card and plan to tell the in-laws & siblings on father's day. Not sure yet how we are going to tell our friends...
  • How far along are you? 
    9 weeks, two days.

How big is baby? 
    A cherry, weighing as much as a penny.

Symptoms?
    Some nausea, wild mood swings, huge sore breasts.

R/R/Q 
    Nothing, really. We met the midwife, did the chat... Nothing exciting going on. 

We
    were going to wait, but then... Why bother? It's so much easier to get advice if people actually know what's going on. I just dropped the news to my sister in laws in casual conversation, and that's about it. Not going to do an online announcement.
  • @BitterBetty12 Congrats on the move! I’m sorry your DD is sick :( I hope she feels better soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sfgiantsgamerbabe thank you! She seems to be fine. We have our follow up appointment with her GI on Monday so hopefully they’ll have more to say about it!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• @BitterBetty12 thanks, it went well. Such a relief! The only thing was my blood pressure has already crept up a lot so we will be watching that. 
    I honestly can’t remember if I ever posted on the TTGP board... I might have. It took over a year and many rounds of meds for me to get pregnant with DD, but I can’t remember if I activately posted on TTGP or just lurked. But your old user name did ring a bell with me too. I was active on the Nov and Dec 16 boards (thought I was due 11/25 so originally joined N16 but my due date was moved to 12/3 so I moved to D16). 
    Hope you’re getting all unpacked after your move! I can’t imagine trying to move and unpack with a toddler while pregnant! 
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • How far along are you?

9 weeks, 3 days

How big is baby?

The size of a soda can tab

Symptoms?

Exhaustion! MS thats hits at about the mid afternoon and stays until i go to sleep. I am SO TIRED. 

R/R/Q

i am just so happy bc today is a teacher work day and then i have all summer to be with my daughter, rest, and get our spare bedroom ready for the little one on the way!

We told our parents over the phone. I have told some close friends but thats it! We are not planning a big reveal or anything.