TTC after 35
Options

At Home IUI Kit

Has anyone tried one of these? The one im thinking of buying is at CVS and called The Stork. Its $$, 80 bucks for one cycle. Anyone ever tried one of these?  Thank you for any feedback.

Re: At Home IUI Kit

• Options
    I've seen them and thought about it but haven't tried it
  • Options
    I'm interested in this topic. I've never heard of such a thing. How in the world do you do an IUI at home??

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nursenic78 @susykat77 ditto for me, what is this?
  • Options
    Go to www.storkotc.com.  They sell them on the website, CVS, and Amazon.
  • Options
    I haven't done this, but you may want to research trying the instead soft cup as well. I talked to my re about it and he said to try it because it was similar to what they did in the 70s and 80s for iuis.
  • Options
    ****lurking****
    Just wanted to chime in and say I got my bfp on a cycle when I was using instead soft cups. Not sure whether it made a difference, but it clearly didn't hurt! I just inserted it immediately after sex and then left it in over night. Hope this info helps!
  • Options
    KLake42KLake42 member
    edited January 2016
    I'd suggest starting with a speculum, and practicing with your person.  Can they get a good visual of your cervix using just a speculum and flashlight, or does your cervix like to hide (like mine does)?

Also, keep in mind that you *have* to get the sperm washed, so either buy washed donor sperm, or arrange to have a clinic wash your partner's sperm.  You can't squirt the fresh stuff in there.

And you also need to find out whether your state is one of the states that prohibit insemination at home.  Georgia does.  With that, it's impossible to get a clinic to wash the sperm for us-- but we could still have washed frozen donor sperm shipped to us from out of state.

To be honest, IUIs are difficult enough for me, with my tricky cervix.  I can't imagine trying to have a non-professional poke the catheter into my cervix.

Edited to add-- if you do an illegal at home insemination with donor sperm, you could run into other legal issues, such as convincing the hospital that there is no known father, etc.  You might not be using donor sperm, but if anyone reading this is, I just wanted to be clear-- doing an illegal at home donor insemination can have legal consequences beyond your simple violation of regulations.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    ICI is likely common at home over IUI. It can actually be pretty straightforward: https://www.fertilitysmarts.com/a-guide-to-at-home-insemination/2/476 A cervical cap like Stork could also be used or even an insemination syringe.
  • Options
    I have never heard of this before.