October 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change (5/31)

Normally I'm still asleep when this goes up lol A ticker change is our way of celebrating the passing of one week of our pregnancy into the next. For example, this week I went from 19 weeks to 20 weeks.

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?

Ladybug - April 2013
Dandelion - October 2018
Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
Angel "Violet" - March 2022
Baby Dove due March 2023

Re: Thursday Ticker Change (5/31)

• Options

- 22 weeks and the baby is the size of a coconut 

2. How are you feeling?

- Feeling pretty okay, except for my butt! I had 2 ulcerated thrombosed hemrroids make an appearance over the holiday weekend. I finally ended up having them cut opened and drained at the ER on Tuesday. So I am on the mend but have two sore incisions that can't heal fast enough.

- I had an appt on Tuesday where my OB sent me to the ER once she saw the hemrroids...baby was ok with in in the 130s

- I just want to sit comfortably again!

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 19 weeks, size of a Mango or a tomato.

2. How are you feeling? Symptom wise, pretty good. I do get the occasional headache, and I thought my breakouts has let up but they definitely have not. I’ve been feeling overly emotional and a bit overwhelmed about all of the things we still need to do between now and baby’s arrival.

3. Any appointments this week? Not until our AS next Friday...I can’t wait any longer!!

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nothing I can think of right now.

5. GTKY: If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do? I read someone’s earlier this week that they would require every weekend to be a 3-day weekend so I would definitely adopt that one (or at least every person only works 4 days per week). 

Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 21 wks; size of an endive?? Or something like that. 

2. How are you feeling? Pretty great other than just the back and leg aches that are starting.

3. Any appointments this week? Nope.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nope. Trying to work on my registry, and it's big pain. But getting there. I want to start buying stuff but know I need to wait til all my showers.

5. GTKY: If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do? Italian buffet for everyone!!! (Going to a rehearsal dinner for wedding my husband is in tomorrow, and it's at an Italian buffet and I'm beyond excited. I am going to get down on some pasta and bread.) Also, naptime. I'd be a nice dictator. Except if people annoy me, then you're banished forever. (Do I sound pregnant?)

• Options
    belo290belo290 member

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 19 weeks; size of a mango or zucchini 

2. How are you feeling? Joint Pain! I wake up every morning with my knuckles and fingers hurting- so odd! 

3. Any appointments this week? Not until next Thursday's Anatomy Scan!

4. Rants/raves/questions? I hate my primary physician (LOVE my OBGYN)... I need to ask to switch. 

5. GTKY: If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do? Because I live in the US... I'm going to have to go with better maternity leave. A full year... 100% paid. 

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 21 weeks. The size of a carrot?

2. How are you feeling? Okay most of the time, but I have some hip pain when getting up from seated positions.

3. Any appointments this week? No

4. Rants/raves/questions? Not today

5. GTKY: If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do? An unlimited supply of turtle sundaes and grilled fish tacos (my current cravings lol).

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 20 weeks, size of a banana or a palmier cookie!  

2. How are you feeling? feeling really good other than my hips hurting constantly. Pretty tired today after traveling back home yesterday, but overall not as tired as I thought I’d be today.  

3. Any appointments this week? had both my 20 week OB visit and my anatomy scan today! Both appts went well, and everything is measuring as it should be.  Full summary in the anatomy scan post. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nothing really at the moment. Just can’t believe we’re at the halfway point already! 

5. GTKY: If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do? hmm this is an interesting one! Aside from wanting to steal some of the answers above, like better maternity leave for all and only 4 day work weeks, I think I’d institute free, government supplied donuts for everyone, so you could just go get a free donut anytime you want :wink:

• Options
    dash83dash83 member

20 weeks, baby is as big as a banana. 

2. How are you feeling?

Feeling pretty good, more energy. Just some heartburn here and there. 

Yes! Had the AS today and found out we are having a boy! Everything looked good we are both on track on healthy  

5. GTKY: If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?

Universal healthcare for all! I second what others have said about maternity care.