Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 5/31

Erinm278Erinm278 member
edited May 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I hope it's ok that I'm starting this thread, I just noticed it wasn't posted yet!

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Where/how did you meet your SO?

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

Re: TWW Thursday 5/31

• I mostly posted TWW because I'm obsessing over here..

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: ?/ 5-6 dpo

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 13 ish

Testing: Probably monday

R/R: HUGE rant today.  We live in NY and my BIL lives in Florida.  Well he calls DH yesterday and tells him he and his fiance are getting married August 18th of this year! And he asks DH can our whole family come...UMM NO we can't.  We have a trip planned to California for my BFFs wedding in 2 weeks that's been planned for 2 years and a trip to Myrtle Beach with my entire family 2 weeks before his wedding that's also been planned for 2 years.  That's all our vacation time and all our money right there.  Am I wrong for being so pissed?  I feel like it's rude to plan a wedding you expect people to travel for 3 months out.  

CS/Q: Nada

GTKY: Where/how did you meet your SO? Well we met while we were bailing our best friends out of jail..so there's that!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Month/Cycle: 10/7

CD/DPO: 27 / 9 or 10

Timing: good or high

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: pretty sure it's just WFAF at this point.

R/R: I'm taking the lack of success this cycle harder then the last few. I had really high hopes and now they are deflated. I was quite bitchy last night and then just cried a lot this morning.

CS/Q: nothing to show. Didn't temp during the TWW. Started today because I feel like AF is right around the corner.

GTKY: Where/how did you meet your SO? We met through mutual friends at my grandmother's house (we were living there while my parents built their house). His BFF and mine were dating. He noticed one of their cars in the driveway and walked in. Literally. Walked right into a total strangers house simply because his friend was there. 

@erinm278 I don't think it was rude to invite you but if he takes offence to your inability to go, then that's an issue. Any particular reason they are so last minute? Just don't want to wait to be married?

• Loading the player...
  • @prpl11butterfly yes I totally agree! They have the right to get married whenever they want but the problem is the family is giving us a ton of sh*t bc we can’t all go. We said we could scrape together to send DH. I have no clue why they’re in such a rush.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• @Erinm278 Yeah, I don't think you can plan a last minute wedding and then be mad when people can't make it... Sorry they're giving you grief over that. Also, thanks for starting the thread! It's totally fine for you to do so. :)

@prpl11butterfly Sorry you're feeling out for this cycle. Any particular reason? It is still fairly early, if you're at 9 or 10 dpo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    --------------------

Month/Cycle: 15/17 (2 benched)

CD/DPO: 22/8dpiui

Timing: IUI

Typical LP length: n/a, on progesterone

Testing: Beta 6/4

R/R: I'm feeling really hopeful for this cycle, which is both exciting and scary. I'm trying to allow myself to feel the hope, rather than squashing it down in a vain attempt to feel less disappointment if the cycle fails. In non-ttc life, I came in to work today just to meet with a coworker, who totally forgot we were supposed to meet today. Sigh. Oh well. Got some other stuff done, and then I'm going to swing by the store to get ingredients for daikon radish slaw to take to a friends house for game night tonight. Hopefully I'll also get to spend a little time tending our new garden. Looking forward to a nice afternoon, overall!

CS/Q: Chart in spoiler.

GTKY: Where/how did you meet your SO? We met online actually. :)

• navetenavete member
    edited May 2018
    @Erinm278 Thanks for getting this thread started. I was looking for it this morning to calm me through the last bit of this TWW :) I feel you on that rant. If they are typical last minute planners though (I’m guilty of that), they should be well aware by now that the consequence is people not being able to attend, even if they want to. Worst case scenario, maybe just YH attends? If they get enough people saying they can’t make it, they might also change their mind on the date (last minute planners also tend to change their plans frequently ha)

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 27/11

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 11?

Testing: Was trying to hold off until tomorrow when AF is due...my crazy self tested this morning, BFN.

R/R: I don’t even know if this is a proper rant...but I just need another 5 years until I’m 35 LOL. I keep thinking I wish I started TTC in my early 30s, but then I remember how tense and uncertain my marriage was at that point. Even now I feel like I’m forcing it a bit simply because I’m running out of time (I’d like to try for a 2 kid family, if possible). So I’m mad at myself for waiting, yet I can’t clearly pinpoint what I should’ve done instead. Ugh, looks like PMS has got my emotions all haywire today.

CS/Q: I’m wondering if I should order ovulation kits for next cycle, but worried that might make me even more obsessive. I’ll have my temp data so that’ll be a change from this cycle (first cycle was a shot in the dark). Or, I could be more lax about pinning down exact O date, and instead focus on increasing BD...any suggestions/advice?

GTKY: Where/how did you meet your SO? We lived on the same floor in the dorms (mixed undergrads and grad students). But, interestingly enough, MH claims to have met me two years prior at a campus ballroom social event...he says we even danced together! We discovered later that we actually lived just a stone’s throw from one another that year. It tickles me to imagine running into each other at the corner market and not having an inkling we’d end up marrying.

*EDIT* I forgot to comment on your GTKY @Erinm278! I’m so curious about the details; sounds like a really interesting and fun story!

Another EDIT for tags...I am slow today!

@prplbutterfly I love your GTKY story! And I’m sorry you’re feeling deflated this cycle. When is AF due? I will keep FX for you.

@darkstar42 I’m trying to contain my excitement for you over here. FX and GL!! :)

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 22/4

Timing: okay. Not the best.

Typical LP length: 11.5

Testing: I think I’ve been using “wfaf” incorrectly. I won’t test until AF is due and will only test if it doesn’t show when expected. So I’m technically waiting for AF every cycle. 

R/R: I didn’t temp this morning and still woke up at 5:50 (alarm at 6:25). Annoying.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: Where/how did you meet your SO? We went to college together, but didn’t meet until the last semester of senior year when we had a class together and realized we had a couple of mutual friends. 

@darkstar42 not to fuel the crazy, but your chart looks promising to me! FX for you!! 

@Erinm278 I think it’s ridiculous to expect you all to make such a big last minute trip. Tell him y’all can make it if he wants to pay! 

@prpl11butterfly hugs to you. TTC and TTCAL are so incredibly hard on the soul. <3 

*TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• Ugh @general_organa Sorry you still woke up early but I hope that not temping did at least help to keep your anxiety at bay a little better.

@Erinm278 I do agree that's really kind of inconsiderate of your BIL to give such short notice for such a big event.  I hope you and YH are able to figure something out to keep both his family and your wallets happy.

@prpl11butterfly <3 I'm sorry you're feeling so down.  Take some time and be nice to yourself, we all know how rough TTC can be even without the added anxiety of TTCAL.

@navete If I were you, I would get at least a small set of OPKs; wondfos are really cheap on Amazon so you won't have to feel guilty if you decide to be obsessive about them in the first cycle.  Temping and using OPKs can help you better pinpoint O so that you at least know that you're focusing sex during the correct time, not to mention HIO over an extended period of time can get exhausting.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Thanks ladies. I started feeling crampy yesterday and told myself not to worry as they didn't really mean anything, I had cramps early on with the loss as well. As I said before, I found myself to be pretty bitchy last night which isn't usually a good sign. My RHR has been steadily decreasing over the last 2 days too. So, since I started to feel AFish last night, I started temping again this AM and while it's well above coverline, it's not as high as I'd like it to be. I suppose only time will tell but I'm pretty confident it's a bust.

@darkstar42 my LP is usually 13 days (10 and 11 since loss) so to me 9/10 isn't all that early. Any way, have fun at game night! It's been so long since DH and I have done anything like that (which is probably because we don't have many friends.... lol)

@navete I second the wondfo opks. Cheap and effective. I do think they are better then temping alone as you get a little heads up (where as temping it's like "oops, ovulated 3 days ago and missed the mark")

@general_organa add me to the wake up without alarm club. 525 to 540ish everyday. It makes for a very long day when think about the last 25 to 40 minutes I could have slept.
  • navetenavete member
    @prpl11butterfly @lulu1180 Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve just ordered a pack of Wondfos and am all geared up for the next cycle