December 2018 Moms

Moms of Multiples Check-In *Week of 5/14*

texas_ttexas_t member
edited May 2018 in December 2018 Moms
Hello all! Welcome to the Moms of Multiples Check-In! 

1.) How far along are you? How many babies are you growing? How big are they? What type of multiples (same sac, different sac, multiple placentas, etc?)?

2.) When is your next appointment?

3.) Is this your first set of multiples? What are you most excited about? Nervous about?

4.) Is your doctor treating this as a high risk or normal pregnancy?

5.) GTKY? Tell us how you found out you were having multiples! How did you react? How did your significant other react? Have you told anyone else and what was their reaction?
*Loss 8/2014*
*Rainbow 8/2015*
*Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
*Loss of Twin 5/2018*

Re: Moms of Multiples Check-In *Week of 5/14*

• texas_ttexas_t member
    1.) How far along are you? How many babies are you growing? How big are they? What type of multiples (same sac, different sac, multiple placentas, etc?) I'm 11 weeks 1 day with two babies who are the size of limes! My babies are in two separate sacs and each have their own placenta.

2.) When is your next appointment? Next Monday 5/21. I'm nervous! The plan is just a doppler this go around!

3.) Is this your first set of multiples? What are you most excited about? Nervous about? Yes! I'm excited to have 3 kids! I had wanted 3, but I'll be 35 when I deliver and wasn't thrilled about getting pregnant again and having another baby when I was 37 or 38; so this way, one more pregnancy and done!  As for what I'm most nervous about; daycare! We weren't expecting to have 2 infants and a toddler in daycare at one time, so we are looking at a hefty bill!

4.) Is your doctor treating this as a high risk or normal pregnancy? So far, it looks like they're treating this as a normal pregnancy! I'm taking that as a good thing!

5.) GTKY? Tell us how you found out you were having multiples! How did you react? How did your significant other react? Have you told anyone else and what was their reaction? I went in for my 8 week appointment with my husband and the second the tech started to TV ultrasound, I knew something was different! I was just laying there thinking "That looks like two sacs." "Two sacs typically means two babies." And then she said "So twins run in your family?" and my husband goes "Uh. No." Then I started laughing hysterically and couldn't stop.  I kept randomly laughing all day long because I was so caught off guard.  Pretty much everyone we've told just laughs, lol!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t we’re almost identical!
    First time Mommy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no! Where did the rest of my response go?
    First time Mommy!!
  • 1.) How far along are you? How many babies are you growing? How big are they? What type of multiples (same sac, different sac, multiple placentas, etc?)?
    My due date was adjusted at my last appt (5/8) so im 10w6d right now! I’m growing 2 babies who are the size of strawberries right now! But I assume bigger since I’m almost 11 weeks now. They have separate sacs and separate placentas. 

2.) When is your next appointment? May 22nd! Seeing a new doctor that specializes in multiples since my doc said she can’t see me for the remainder. I dont really get it and I’m a bit disappointed but seeing how this is my first pregnancy I’m okay with seeing someone more knowledgeable about multiples. 

3.) Is this your first set of multiples? What are you most excited about? Nervous about?
    yes! My first pregnancy ever. I’m so excited to have two- I love that they will always have each other. I’m nervous about literally everything haha 

My doctor said anything involving multiples is considered high risk and that she wouldn’t see me for the rest of my pregnancy sooo yeah lol. I assume the new one will since he does high risk/multiples but who knows.  

5.) GTKY? Tell us how you found out you were having multiples! How did you react? How did your significant other react? Have you told anyone else and what was their reaction? 
    We went in for my first ultrasound and the tech was like “was this a natural pregnancy?” And as soon as she said that I just knew. But she was like “oh okay, because there are two babies in there” haha I basically said “you’re joking” and burst out laughing and that continued for the rest of the appt lol. My husband was laughing right along with me! We’ve told our family and close friends and their reactions were all priceless. Everyone is really excited. 
  • texas_ttexas_t member
    @BCutiePie If you used a mobile emoji, it will delete everything after that! You have to use the bump emojis.  Lame, I know!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Oh grrrr!! That must have been it. Thanks! Trying one more time lol
    First time Mommy!!
  • Alright 3rd times the charm lol. 

1. I’m 11 weeks and 1 day today. My babies were about 1 inch on Wednesday. They appear to be separate sacs but I haven’t been told much of anything else specific yet regarding placentas, identical, fraternal, etc. I just wanted healthy!

2. I’m stuck waiting till May 30th for my next appt. But it’ll be a big one with an ultrasound, cell free DNA, and then a twins consultation lol.

3. This is our first set of twins and the first for either of our families! We already have 2 beautiful boys and wanted to try for one more. Apparently the universe thought differently lol. I’m super excited but also sooo lost and worried about making sure my boys get equal attention and mommy love too. Not going to be an easy task.

4. I turned 35 in Jan so i was already AMA so high risk but adding in twins now they’re definitely calling me high risk. But they said my medical history is amazing for healthy twins so I’m taking that as a good sign!

5. We actually had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and it only showed 1 baby. So when i went for my 10 week appt my hubby said he didn’t think he needed to go after going to all the others for the other 2. BIG mistake!! So I was there solo when my midwife says “ummm did you know there was another baby in here??” Pardon me?!?!! I was so shocked I didn’t say or process much more other than healthy and twins lol. Waited to tell hubby till after our boys were in bed. He ran out for errands and I put the ultrasound on the kitchen table between two beers! He came home and casually jokes “only 1 right” as he grabs the ultrasound. Then he had some choice words lol. I was glad the kids were in bed. But then he got strangely excited and had to tell his parents immediately. So our close family and friends know now as we needed our support system to be ready. 

Congrats Mamas!! We’re in for an exciting ride.
    First time Mommy!!
  • texas_ttexas_t member
    @clawbaby1202 Wow! Stinks having your OB ditch you!!! I guess better safe than sorry!

@BCutiePie I'm also AMA, so I think it's so funny how chill my OB is about all of this.  They're like, eh, just another pregnancy!  :*:*
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Lol I kinda feel that way too other than worrying about two babies instead of one. But seriously it’s not like once you hit 35 your body forgets how to make a baby lol!
    First time Mommy!!
  • 1.) How far along are you? How many babies are you growing? How big are they? What type of multiples (same sac, different sac, multiple placentas, etc?)?

13 weeks 1 day! Having twins - due December 5th. Last u/s at 11 weeks 5 days showed them each as 52.5 and 57.7 mm head to rump (measures at 12 weeks). They are mo do twins - one placenta and two sacs.

2.) When is your next appointment?

I was with a nurse midwife program, but after finding out it’s twins we were bumped to a MFM group. Next available date was June 18th. I’m sad it’s so far away, but have faith everything will go well until then!

First pregnancy and multiples don’t run in the family, so we are still a little shocked!! DH and I are both excited to have two right away, but a little nervous about jumping into a 4 person family right away. Mostly just excited though!! 

MFM (maternal fetal medicine) groups are for high risk pregnancies, but I haven’t been officially called high risk. I think it’s medium risk - will update as I learn more.

We found out in the first u/s. Doctor asked if twins ran in the family and we were both surprised when she said there are two! I joked that we were probably having twins when we first found out we were expecting. But it’s amazing that it came true! I’ve always loved the idea of having twins. So glad it came true!! We’ve told lots of friends and family by now! Love all the support!

Thanks for the support and love! It’s nice to hear of others who aren’t going through a similar pregnancy!