July 2018 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday 5/29

Re: TW Tuesday 5/29

• Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    Selfishly started.
    TW is DH. He occasionally tells me that I don’t allow him to make parenting decisions which is not true. But if i don’t tell (remind him) what DS needs he just doesn’t think to do it. And even when I do remind him it doesn’t matter! Every morning he wakes DS and changes his diaper which can be a huge battle sometimes and I pack everyone’s breakfast and lunch. DH knows to put sunscreen on him but nope forgets every day. Today i told him he needs his boogers sucked because he seemed really stuffy. Nope he just took DS to the car. Despite me telling him my concerns this morning about his cough that he’s had for a month. Like seriously dude. I will keep making the decisions until I see that he can be proactive on it and maybe be the one to miss work to take him to the doctor. 
  • Options
    @wildtot I'm a FTM so I don't know for sure how DH will be when it comes to LO but I can relate about the poor listening. I have to tell him about a thousand times to get one task done and every time I remind him, I'm the jerk for bringing it up again. 

That leads me to my TW, I've been practically begging DH To measure a wall in the nursery for 2 weeks now, we're doing a wallpaper accent wall and we have a cape cod so the ceiling is slanted and there's a window on that wall so there's a lot of measurements to take to get the actual square footage. Once I order the wall paper it'll take a week to get here and I'm most likely being induced in 2 weeks so I'd like to get the ball rolling on this and every time I remind him he's like "oh yeah, yeah I'll do that today" and totally dismisses me and then if I press him I'm being naggy. But here we are and it didn't get done again yesterday, even after I showed him the checkout screen on home depot's website showing the date of when it'd be delivered if we ordered it right then. I thought maybe that'd light a fire under him, but no such luck 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    edited May 2018
    @carsonraynee set your expectations early! that's all i have to say haha I wish I had that conversation with DH sooner maybe it would've been better? idk.
    Ooo what a time crunch! Could you possibly over order and return the rest? 

Eta: Another TW - Myself
    Why did I think it was a good idea to schedule a bunch of meetings today?? I have at least 6 of them one of them I have to present and I have nothing ready (usually last minute anyways).
  • Options
    First day back after a long weekend and 6 meetings?? Brave woman. @wildtot

Mine is that my neck suddenly developed an allergy(?) to my gold necklace and broke out all the way around....pregnancy does such randomly weird crap to your body. 
  • Options
    Oh man @wildtot, you just reminded me that I forgot to put sunscreen on DD *again*.  They asked us to start doing it about 3 weeks ago and I think I've only remembered 2 days.  I guess I'm the TW.

@bradybunchmom89 that's so weird.  My ears got super sensitive last time and started reacting to all kinds of earrings including gold.  I was finally about to order and wear some medical grade titanium - it didn't go away until probably 6 months after DD arrived.  So weird!
  • Options
    Mine is this baby. Waking up all night long with huge movements. Come kid can't you sleep at night too? I'm worried this is a preview of what's to come haha. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @MichelleAG05 i gave the sitter some in case we forgot or ran late. Can daycare apply?
    @lindsayleigh1989 DS was not a big mover at night but raised hell once born so hopefully it means the opposite? Or maybe I’m just too dead tired and don’t notice. 
  • Options
    I’m a TW today. Slept like crap last night because I couldn’t get comfortable, it was humid in my house, DD got up and was crying, and I was up to pee THREE times. So I’m super tired today. And Memorial Day always throws me because it’s on a Monday, so naturally I missed my therapy appointment this morning because I thought it was Monday. Blah. 
  • Options
    My client. Their project manager left and they are completely clueless. He emails me 5-6 times a day. My boss is the one who could pick up on his tech stuff and she is just in her own coding world. So freaking frustrating!!! I have a ton of other stuff to do and while I want to be helpful because he is a big client for us I also would like other people to step in when they can give better answers...
  • Options
    @wildtot - yep, they have some they apply in the afternoon.  When I remember to tell them in the AM that I forgot, they apply for me.  I need to confirm that they "check" her and apply even if I don't say anything - that's what her old school did.  

Also - CRAPOLA!  Just realized I'm an even bigger TW because I was supposed to take DD's nap mat up to school before nap time (an hour ago) and I forgot.  :(
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 my baby moves all night, and I fear the sleep deprivation too!! I don’t remember my first moving so much during the night. 

Also, I made myself two poached eggs for breakfast. I went to drain the water off in my garbage can at work and I dropped the egg. I went to grab it and then realized the cleaning staff didn’t take out the garbage before the holiday weekend. So basically I threw away half my breakfast. Not sure if that makes me a TW but I am mad at myself. 

@MichelleAG05 I have forgotten to bring DS blankets and change of clothing before and felt like a big jerk. But our daycare always has some spare items on hand so it is t that bad. Hopefully yours does too!
  • Options
    DH is the TW.  Last night while drinking he put one of my stash beers in the freezer to get cold so he could drink it and left it in there to freeze. It'll probably taste like ass now when it thaws and it was a special edition brew so I'm super annoyed. He didn't even finish his own beer from last night. At least he had the decency to wake up hungover. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam ooo that would make me so mad. I have a bottle of Grey Goose I won during a holiday booze exchange that i've had a post-it note on it saying 'do not touch!" DH knows better than to even look at it. :wink:

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @MichelleAG05 yea i never remember to pre-apply in the morning... they do apply at daycare too but we're supposed to do a base-coat... except we dropped off a tube 3 weeks ago and today they asked if she had any...um yes in her cubbie...no wonder she's already tanner than my ginger ass.

Mine is a bit more BF than TW... DH was a TW most of the weekend but has redeemed himself....MIL is a little bit a TW but could have been WAY worse party.  I think maybe my parents won TW though...

Ok so 30th/2nd birthday party was Saturday. 
    - Friday and work drama so didn't get to the store before DH got home so we went as a family, well DH decides he wants sit-down dinner and not something fast and he gets endless apps... DD ends up having complete melt down demanding more cupcakes for her birthday and we only make it to 2/3 of the stops.  DH basically puts he in a nighttime diaper and leaves her in the crib with no book or song for being bad and decides now is the perfect time to go cut up cardboard boxes and "do the recycling".
    - I start prepping veggies he finally comes in and says he'll do that so I can do cakes...Why can't I EVER frost freaking cakes before 10 pm or under 90 deg heat!? After the veggies he decides his tummy is upset and goes to lay down in bed in his undies while I continue to bust ass, and get to bed at 1230. 
    - Saturday up at 730, then I get to take the 2 year old to Party City to get balloons while DH feels the need to mow the lawn 4 hours before the party... Do you know how much themed stuff is at party city!?!? guy says 15 min for the balloons - I WAS THERE FOR OVER AN HOUR with a cranky toddler who just wanted every Trolls item in the place.... then I had to try to get her and the balloons in the car... she's screaming, 2 balloons pop just trying to get them in the car, they barely fit in the SUV and I can't see out the back at all.  She's screaming, I'm sobbing - thank god we're only 1-2 miles from home.  I pull into the driveway full blown panic attack and DH opens the door all "WTF is your problem" and i tell him to just get her out of the car.  She's full blown crazy toddler and scratches his face drawing blood. I pop another balloon trying to get them out...  DH tells me not to go to the market he'll do it after the lawn.  So I toss the stuff in the crock pots and start cleaning the house while he continues to mow and bag our .75 acre lawn with push mower.  SIL/boyfriend and MIL/FIL come 2 hours before party to help out, but everyone has 100 questions and demanding micromanaging.
    - DD finally fell asleep just before everyone gets there but FIL decides now is the right time to pull out the ladder and bang the gutter outside DD's window waking her up... thanks, dad.   
    - DH bought me a zero gravity lawn chair while he was out which appeased me and I spent most of the party in it, but damage was already done with the late night of work and long hours cleaning/cooking while DH ran errands and I could barely walk by the middle of the party. Funny - i ended up not finding time to shave my legs and realized they were way worse than I thought as i put my feet up in that chair and could actually SEE my legs lol.
    - So MIL per usual goes completely overboard which would be fine if it's not then my issue trying to figure out what to do with the explosion of food/gifts/whatever.  She brought a literal trashbag of these fried chip things - they are delicious and i just had a bowl full - but WAAAY too many.  She also brought 2 banquet buffet trays of burrittos and only heated/served half and figuring out how to heat them was a PITA.  So gifts, she asked me for suggestions/ideas so I showed her the sand/water table I had on DD's Amazon wishlist - MIL doesn't amazon so she asked me to order it, wrap it, and they'd pay us back.  Then she decided to also buy a giant trolls body pillow, a picnic table, AND A 10 FT BLOW UP POOL with slide and sprinkler. WHERE THE F AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT THIS THING!? They got her a kiddie pool for her 1st birthday too that she hated...and oh yea after 1 trip down this monstrosity DD freaks out and won't go back in it for the rest of the day - but I got photos of her with her cupcakes in a damn bathing suit with wet hair because they all HAD to take her in it immediately.  The picnic table was a super thin POS that cracked jaggedly within 20 min and they didn't even take it with them because it didn't fit in the car so we have a broken picnic table in our garage...
    - So my mom didn't come - long story - dad comes but decides he must leave just as MIL leaves to get dunkin coffee and can't wait for her to come back...but wants me to send a piece of DH's tequila cake home to my mother.  I flip out on him - no i'm not cutting a MF birthday cake before cake just because she wants a piece when she didn't even come.  You wait for them to come back with coffee for us to cut the cake or you leave now without cake.  I also had to limp up and "make a plate" for my mom...
    - Of course everyone abandons before cleanup except DH's BFF who arrived as everyone left.  So I'm trying to help because it's getting dark and shit needs to get done and DH is yelling at me to stop helping...but then he wants me to go make up plates of leftovers for dinner... Yay more extreme flips between fragile-pregnant-lady and just-do-everything. This continued all weekend as I could barely limp around but apparently still seemed capable of taking care of a toddler!? da fuk? Apparently he was hangry and what we have dubbed "bangry" all weekend...he did take the morning off to help take DD to her 2 yr check up so he's not in the doghouse despite his "bangry" status.I'm a bit "bangry" too dude but down there is a crime scene these days and SPD is a bitch.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow @gingerbride26 that is a lot happening in 3 days! The cake part made me chuckle...

Here's another TW. My landlord just sent me a text asking me to "break out the boxes in the dumpster". Now, the dumpster is empty. It never gets full. We are getting ready for a baby so yes we have a lot of boxes because of the stuff we are buying. A lot of the times I have to take the trash out myself and you know at 34 weeks pregnant I'm not going to twist and turn to cut a million boxes. Of course we try our best to always cut the big ones. They are nice and attentive people when it comes to the property but jeez, their micromanaging is incredibly annoying. 
  • Options
    My TW is the stove/oven. I'm trying to bake a pizza and just about when I come back to check on its progress, I see it's thrown an error and isn't cooking. It's not the first time but we really don't want to have to buy new appliances right now. Just hoping it makes it at least another couple years. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 omg appliances are the worst - nothing is made to last any more :'( my parents have the same cars and appliances for 15+ years - we replaced everything 6 years ago and most of it is falling apart already...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TW is DH today. His parenting in general has been slacking lately.. He’s been giving DS whatever he asks for if he whines or throws a big enough fit. Meaning more fits for me because I’m with him most of the time. I’m constantly telling him he needs to be more strict but he doesn’t see the consequences, so it goes in one ear and out the other... But boy did he learn today...

DS had his speech/language evaluation for his transition from b-3 to town services and DH came, and got to see the EPIC meltdown when toys were put away and the test began. NOW he says he gets it and he’ll be more firm with him. He never listens to my parenting suggestions/concerns until a professional comes in and agrees with me. 
  • Options
    Can my uterus be a TW today? I woke up at 3:30 am this morning, contracting every 5-7 minutes.  Was up the rest of the night, contracting all night/morning.  Contractions lasting about 1 minute 30 seconds. Called the nurse at 8 am.  Called back at 9:30 when they still hadn't returned my call.  Finally go in about 10, hop on the NST.  YAY--my contractions *actually* showed up this time.  But, despite the fact that they are increasing in frequency and intensity, it's not labour.  Which is ok; I'm only 35 weeks, but man, this is so different from my previous 2 pregnancies.  The midwife actually told me they have more false labour with 3rd time moms that 1st, because our uteruses get so stretched out and irritable.  So now I'm exhausted, sore, and convinced I'm going to have no idea when I actually *do* do into labour.  Thanks, uterus. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Wife to one amazing man~~
    ~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • Options
    @ethnomusicwhat Only if mine can be TW with yours, lol. Stupid uteruses! Glad the NST showed them for you this time, though. Validation is always good! Mine has basically just been one massive contraction since last night. Stomach super tight to the touch and shell-like for almost 24 hours. Awful. I'm chalking up the reduced fetal movements to that as well, seeing as now that the crampy, tightness is gone I can finally feel him again. Nothing like a TW uterus creating unnecessary stress on a busy week.

@acunamatada That is so frustrating! I hate when they don't listen to us. I mean, what do we know, right? We're only the ones who do all the research and are with them all day everyday... I'm sorry it was such a stressful go of it. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    @ethnomusicwhat +1 with an angry uterus. I
    really feel like she’s just out of space in there, I’m an unbearably uncomfortable contracting mess after eating or drinking anything substantial.. Extra points if I’m moving too much or emotional, or idk, move the wrong way. So temperamental. 

@d_marie_23 So. Frustrating. As much as I love a good I told you so, it would be great to be taken seriously for once- the first time. Not being a nag, just trying to do what’s best for our kid! 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    TW my face skin that’s peeling. I didn’t get sunburned but i was in the sun more this weekend than usual these days. So not sure if it’s dryness or the sun. To top it off i have our mommy and me pics this Saturday. Oiling up as much as my bump.
  • Options
    I had two more last night...and already woke up cranky has hell this morning
    @acunamatada I'm sorry that sucks - hopefully he really does get it.  I have the opposite problem, I think DH has too high expectations for a 2 year old and is too tough/impatient with tantrums but won't go against him in front of her.
    1. DH - he always starts this crap on the phone where his communication skills SUCK - we've been talking about moving to FL for a promotion at his job, - so last night he mentions I might have to stay up here with both kids and oversee selling the house if it doesn't go fast enough and he needs to go start his job, so i flipped out - he mentioned before that maybe he goes down alone for a year or two for the job and then moves back instead of moving the whole family so I was already primed to go ballistic over this suggestion plus the whole super woman "can't you just do it all?" attitude that pisses me off. We talked it out when he got home but then he did something to piss me off again before bed and I didn't give him a kiss good night so I'm sure he's going to be a bear today when he wakes up.
    2. DD - holy bathtime melt down.  She loves going outside so we took her out to play with her new sand table after dinner since it was still light out, she did NOT want to come in, and then once i finally did get her in the bath  she starts hysterically screaming/crying and saying she wants to go on the potty - so I pull her out and put her on the potty - then she starts screaming/crying for bath - so we do this 4 times soaking wet and slippery as an eel.  Of course I'm frustrated by the time he comes in! my back is killing me from all this hauling and stopping her from crawling out on her own - and king of tough love flipping out if she tantrums tells me I'm being too tough with her and should have more patience...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 that would be so hard if you guys split up like that! It's a terrible idea while the kids are still so young. It's appealing to him because he can live daily life like he has no kids until visits. Are you already in progress selling your house?

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 DD does that back and forth baloney ALL THE TIME. It seriously makes me so ragey. “I need my blanket” (cover her up) “I don’t want my blanket!!” (She kicks it off)... repeat 7 times until my patience is frazzled and I just leave her room. Solidarity for sure! 
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 he's seen the light about what a dick move it would be to go away for the full 1-3 years.  I think it was typical poor communication/man logic "well if you are hesitant because you don't want to just move back to CT after a couple years, you can stay up here with the kids and I'll just live in the condo we have, drive 2 hours each way and fly back for weekends/holidays".  This time it was more for a couple weeks/months if we can't sell the house up here fast enough and he doesn't want to pay 2 mortgages. He thinks that since the 2 year old will be in daycare full time, and then infant part time that it's only 2 hours a night I'd have to be super mom... um it's still getting toddler and infant out the door to daycare 5 days a week since infant can't sit at home alone while I drive, and baths, and dinners, and trying to BF and entertain toddler simultaneously.... "people do it all the time....or my mom could come help out"...yup because on top of working full time and wrangling 2 kids under 2.5 I also want your mom to move in for a month... so much better.  I guess I should be flattered he thinks I'm super woman, but although "people" do it all the time and I respect the hell out of single parents that can do it... I have a chronic pain and fatigue condition, disc issues, and anxiety - yes, on good days I am super woman, on bad days getting out of bed is a struggle, so no I don't think I'd be able to do it alone.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I’m glad he got the picture. I dont think men generally understand the struggle of parenting full time. I swear DH has a switch he just flips off when he goes to work.
    Even with daycare and family “help” it’d be exhausting- and that’s without chronic health/MH issues. I would never do it voluntarily! 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @gingerbride26 i agree with the rest of the ladies. What a tough situation and it’s upsetting how men can have that lack of consideration sometimes. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada and @wildtot thanks ladies.  I told him yesterday that I'm done worrying/fighting/thinking about it - we've been down this road too many times in the last 2 years and I'm done until he has a legit offer letter in his hand - which should be this week (his boss's boss has asked 2x if he's heard from the hiring manager yet and to come talk to her as soon as he does).  This time it would be moving for promotion within same company instead of new company so moving expenses aren't even part of the offer, so even with the 23% cost of living decrease in FL unless there's a decent raise it's not worth shelling out the $10-20K ourselves to move with the full expectation of paying it again and moving back up to CT in a few years for another promotion (HQ is in CT so there's not as many opportunities for advancement in FL).  No idea why moving only comes up when I'm pregnant lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I hope the moving/work situation works itself out! I have a friend whose DH is obsessed with moving them to AZ (we are in VT). THey are staying I think now until he gets a job, but they go back and forth saying that he would stay out here working and live iwth a friend until he gets a job there, and send her and the FOUR KIDS to AZ to live so they can get settled in school. They could be living there alone for god knows how long! She finally was like no, I'm not doing it. She doesn't work full time but four kids....that's a lot! The idea of being left alone with 2 while DH goes to a conference after Thanksgiving makes me a little anxious, let alone doing everything alone full time for an extended period!