Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO - Wednesday 05/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY : Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. (Stolen from TWW)

Re: WTO - Wednesday 05/30

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 26

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, PCOS diet, supplements

R/R: Same rant as yesterday.  My stupid cycle seems neverending.

CS/Q: Ok this is my first cycle using digital OPKs.  I am used to just the cheap ones.  So two days ago I got a flashing smiley in the morning and evening.  Also a flashing smiley yesterday morning.  Last night, I got the solid smiley.  This morning I got a positive cheapie.  I thought yesterday was O day, but my temp was down this morning.  So my questions...for those that use the digis, if you get the peak reading how long does it take you to O after?  Also, have you gotten a peak reading and then not O?  I am putting my chart in for reference.

GTKY : Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. (Stolen from TWW)  Ummm we both tend to like the same TV shows, we were both born in TX, and we both like traveling.
  • Month/Cycle: 12/13 (4 benched)

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: waiting to O and feeling like a walking pill dispenser. So.Many.Supplements.

R/R: Had a great session with my trainer this morning. I workout a lot and fairly fit, but have never really been comfortable to hit the big weights on the main floor. Always stuck to classes and teaching pump. So it was really good to get out there and do some more stuff and feel like I can push myself further. 
    Rant: Is it Friday yet?

CS/Q: 

GTKY : Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. We are both fairly active and adventurous when it comes to hiking and camping and such. Do not like the traditional touristy vacations and like to get off the beaten path. We both enjoy food, which can be rather dangerous in the treats department lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @sparklingdiamond I have not had experience with the digis, so this may not be helpful. But I have had a temp dip on O day in the past. The next day temp shot up and it was confirmed. FX that your temp goes up tomorrow for you.
  • meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited May 2018
    *Edit for tags*

@sparklingdiamond I'm sorry for the cycle. Fx for some good news!

@nitnat007 Woot for gym'in it! For the GTKY, I completely forgot about food. My fiance and I always  try new foods even if they are a little gross (like dried worms and crickets).

Month/Cycle: 16/14

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: HIO

R/R: Rave: We are in for a stretch of sunny days! Time for sun dresses, floppy hats and sunglasses. Took my pupper for a walk last night with the fiance. She wasn't happy to be on a leash, but she was sniffing everything. Picture in spoiler. Rant: Nothing really. Hoping I can persuade my fiance to hio for the next few days. It is a tough sell with the warmer weather, but I am determined. I have also been cutting back on the caffeine. It is the only real lifestyle change left. I have about two cups a day and I am trying to get it down to one. Give me strength, ladies.

CS/Q: -

GTKY : Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. (Stolen from TWW). I love this question. 
    1. Nerdy things. Comic Books, Star Trek, Video Games, etc.
    2. Debating...everything.
    3. When not to do anything, ex. staying in to watch a movie rather than going out every night.
  • @sparklingdiamond I use the cheapies and I usually O the day after I get a strong positive. Hopefully your temp will go up tomorrow! Have fun BDing!

@meri-mac you can do it! I went from 3-4 cups a day about a year ago to now just about 1 a week!  :#

Month/Cycle: 12/13

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Ava, OPKs, Myo-Inositol, starting to watch CM closer, Pre-seed

R/R: Hopefully I'll get my Ava back today so I can use it tonight. Pretty sure my FW already started so it's not the best time to be without it. Particularly since I stopped temping last week after what my dr said.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY : Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. (Stolen from TWW)
    We both enjoy doing stuff outside (gardening, woodworking, hiking), we have the same sense of humor, and we enjoy most of the same music.
  • @thrgirlwhowaited Holy cow! 1 a week! You are a super woman! Hope you get your Ava back. Just jump YH's bones everyday ;) 
  • meggymemeggyme member
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, cm, start opk’s friday

R/R: didn’t have to get to work until late today.

CS/Q: 

GTKY : Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. (Stolen from TWW) taste in music, from and love California, love pit bulls. We’re actually very different people and personalities. I’m an athlete and like the outdoors and camping, DH likes video games and tv and is far more outgoing than i am.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I forgot another question I had.  I don't check CM internally, but I don't ever have EWCM.  I usually have watery.  But I haven't had much lately.  It's still possible to O and not have a lot right?  
  • @sparklingdiamond I used CBADs a couple of years ago and I almost always O'd the day after my peak reading.  There was one cycle that I had the peak, but didn't end up O'ing until 3-4 days later so I'm sure it was a false surge.  You can have multiple LH surges before you O, so that is one downfall of the CBADs.  Looking at your chart, it is also still possible that you O'd the same day as the peak reading and now your temp today is a fallback rise.  Only time will tell at this point, sorry for the frustrating cycle!  As for your latest question, yes it is possible to O and not have a lot of fertile cm.

Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: All the things.  We still have yet to get the SA results from last week - I think the holiday has caused some delays, very annoyed about this.  

R/R: Rave: I'm taking Friday off this week, so only one more work day!

CS/Q: Nope

1.  Our profession
    2.  Our passion for college sports
    3.  Our love of country music
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @sparklingdiamond yes, it’s still possible to O without much CM. The CM facilitates sperm movement and is a sign of impending O, but just because you don’t have a ton doesn’t mean you won’t O.

I have considerably less than I used to. Mostly my vagina feels slippery rather than seeing it on tp or my undies.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Thanks for the help!  This cycle is so confusing.
  • Month/Cycle: 20/20

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R: Mosquitoes are coming out, now it will be a month before they die down unless we get the hot weather to kill them off.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY : Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
    1. Gardening
    2. Rock picking
    3. Love of Animals
  • Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: BBT

R/R: Not much today. It's been raining a lot since yesterday which is good news for our garden, even if I already miss the sun. I also feel like I'm coming down with the always dreaded summer cold. Hopefully I can fight it off before it settles in too deeply.

CS/Q: Now there are two lonely dots

1.) We are both interested in a variety of things and like to learn new things
    2.) We have the same priorities and outlooks on life
    3.) We both value time together just the two of us

@sparklingdiamond -- I've had fallback rises on my last two cycles and I used a CBAD test in the last one that put my peak two days before FF's O date. So I saw this as maybe a few things. One, could have O'd earlier than FF thought, and had a temp drop after O, which happened on another cycle. Or the test caught the very beginning of a surge that ended with O closer to when FF pinned it. I think as long as you're getting some good BDing around the peak date, you should be good. I know the fallbacks can be super frustrating, I just know to look for them now, and try to sustain BDing through both since I don't necessarily trust FF to pin it exactly since it doesn't always deal well with fallback rises, IMO. But fx that your sustained rise will come soon!

@Sparty18 -- I hope you get results back soon and that they shed some light on things!

• kiki047kiki047 member
    @meri-mac your pup is so cute! Good luck cutting back on caffeine. I completely cut out all caffeine over a year ago for my anxiety and while it was rough at first, I really only miss it now when I smell coffee. Or maybe it's just FOMO. 

@auburnvelvet86 hope you're feeling better soon. Summer colds are the worst. 

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: FF, OPK, BBT, CM, HIO, supplements

R/R: We bought a house last night! Didn't intend to put in an offer on anything yet but we found our dream home so we jumped on it. 

CS/Q: -

We have a lot in common, but what we bond over most is our love for food/cooking. We met on the BoD for a community organization and spend a lot of time volunteering in the kitchen prepping or cooking for various events. We have matching chef's coats and get teased about that a lot. We have similar taste in movies/tv/music. We also love to travel. Just did Vegas/Phoenix in March and had the best time. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Sorry for the drive by but still not feeling well today.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: pnv, opk, bbt, other supplements, etc.

R/R: I've been very sick the past few days with my period. It's getting to a point where I'm probably going to make an appointment with my OBGYN and ask what I can do to control the pain for each cycle while trying to conceive. I have endometriosis and can't take any medicine for treatment while trying for a baby, but each cycle has been getting worse and worse with the pain where it renders me incapable of getting out of bed and I'm dreading getting my period each month. I had surgery about a year ago where they cleared some of the scarring out and removed a cyst on each ovary. I'm really really scared they'll say I need surgery again....it was a traumatizing experience because of complications that sprung up before the surgery and resulted in me being hospitalized for  a week and I just am scared of having to go through anything like that again.

CS/Q: nope.

1. We both value family above all else
    2. We both enjoy board games
    3. We are very logical in our thought processes. 
  • @auburnvelvet86 Thanks for the info!  I am not super familiar with a fallback rise.  So if my temp goes up tomorrow, how would I know which day was actually O day?  Or I wouldn't really?
  • @sparklingdiamond - So far that's kind of been the bummer of the whole trend for me. One month FF put it on the first dip, leaving the fallback dip (below coverline) as DPO 2. Then this last month it put it on the fallback itself. That's part of the reason I started using the digital OPKs, to try and get a better understanding. But even that leaves about a 48 hour window which covers first rise and dip. I just try and count the whole time as peak and then estimate back using knowledge of my average LP phase to see how closely FF was. As long as you're getting the BDing in, I've just told myself that I don't have to have the exact day pinpointed.
  • Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: ava, opks, fertility friend, hio

R/R: I took a heavy duty nail file to my legs because they were so ashy and dry... should not have done that. 

CS/Q: not yet

GTKY : Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. (Stolen from TWW) We are both homebodies. We like the same shows/movies. We are both very crafty/artsy fartsy. Though he is a big surprise to most folks because he's a big muscly black man that enjoys knitting and making fancy paracord bracelets.