July 2018 Moms

Possible wrong due date.

I am currently 33 weeks pregnant , but measuring 38. This morning i was sent into LAbor and Dilivery with contractions every 3-4 minutes. This is my 3rd baby but i have never had this happen.
to determin DD they went of my last Cycle not ultrasound.

i did have a Misscarrage last July 8th and had unregular cycles until my BFP test in October.

So i guess my question is..... has anyone else ever had this happen? Could i possibly have a wrong due date?

Re: Possible wrong due date.

• wildtotwildtot member
    Um hi. How is it that you are measured (ultrasound, belly?) it’s a pretty big difference but usually the early ultrasounds are best at actual dating. Have you asked your doctor? Are they concerned? 
    Also please take the time to introduce yourself in the intro thread and jump in on other threads. We have a great supportive community. 
  • Hi there! They measued by belly. They didnt do a ultrasound until 20weeks for me. My Dr is the one who sent me to LDR this am. Dr is concerned about size. She had already scheduled an ultrasound for me for the 5th of June at my last appointment  therefore they didnt do one today. They gave me a medication to stop the contractions. Has worked for a the most part but still having contractions every hour or so. They told me not to come in again unless they were 5-10 minuets apart.
  • Loading the player...
  • wildtotwildtot member
    No experience or advice. Glad your doctor is following up and contractions have improved. I’m surprised that you went through 20 weeks before an ultrasound given your cycle history and loss (but I’m no doctor so maybe it’s the norm in your area). Did you measure on track at your anatomy scan? Measurements can be off the further your along. 
  • I did if I remember correctly i was in The 51%
  • Have you been tested for GD to make sure there’s no high blood sugar issue causing the baby to measure big? 
  • Yes passed with flying colors.
  • My belly measured two weeks ahead on Tuesday. On Wednesday, baby girl measured average size on her growth scan. Belly measurements are estimates and are a non-invasive way to assess growth. Usually if there’s concern, docs will order a growth scan to check fluid levels and baby size. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm with the others to get a US if you can. it seems super odd that you wouldnt have had a scan at 20 weeks so that at this point would give you much more accurate dating than fundal height. 

Also are you new here? i don't recognize your screen name :) Make sure to add a post to the introduction thread and join in the others as well. We like to get to know each other and support each other not just be used a google resource so make sure to jump in to the othee threads as well to start to get to know people. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• My OB has set me up with another ultrasound on the 5 so hopefully getting more answers there. I thought i did post on a couple of the other post as well maybe they didnt go through as i do all of my internet stuff on my phone.
  • You're 33 weeks but measuring 38, and they scheduled an U/S on June 5? For what purpose? Just to check size? I'd think that would be more emergent especially with being in L&D. Surprised they didnt do an U/S. I have GD and previous history of big babies and they still are my doing an U/S until June 11 for me at 37 weeks. Good luck, hopefully all is ok. Just seems like they are waiting a long time. Did you have a dating U/S? 
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • wildtotwildtot member
    I agree with @WorkinWeezel any time i went into L&D they would ultrasound even if i had an appointment scheduled with my doctor. It is a bit odd.
  • Maybe you're one of those folks that is pregnant with twins and doesn't know it. ;) I kid -- but I measured 40 weeks at 31/32 weeks. Now I'm 34 weeks. I have resting bitch face for obv reasons. Fundal height is unreliable really.... The good news is even if the worst case scenario happened and you delivered early, chances are your baby would be okay with some TLC. Best of luck to you and your baby! 
  • No dating u/s they are doing the one ultrasound on the fifth to check for size positions fluid level