1st Trimester

Hcg and progesterone levels

I got BFP this week and yesterday at 12 dpo (3w 3d) I got BW done. HCG was 49 and progesterone 17.9. Nurse had me start taking progesterone pills tonight and I have a recheck tomorrow to ensure that HCG is doubling. What were your Levels when first checked?  I know you can’t tell anything until the second BW to compare but I had a MC in November and looking for reassurance. 

Re: Hcg and progesterone levels

• jb222222 said:

I got BFP this week and yesterday at 12 dpo (3w 3d) I got BW done. HCG was 49 and progesterone 17.9. Nurse had me start taking progesterone pills tonight and I have a recheck tomorrow to ensure that HCG is doubling. What were your Levels when first checked?  I know you can’t tell anything until the second BW to compare but I had a MC in November and looking for reassurance. 

americanpregnancy.org says the average range for hCG st at 3 weeks since LMP can be from 5-50 so you’re right in that range. No one else’s levels can give you reassurance as no one else’s levels has any bearing on yours. As you said, the most important thing is that they increase appropriately. Best of luck. 

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age):

• 3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/mL
    • 4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/mL
    • 5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/mL
    • 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/mL
    • 7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/mL
    • 9 – 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/mL
    • 13 – 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/mL
    • 17 – 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/mL
    • 25 – 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/mL

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’ve only had two beta draws so I’m not much help, but my first was at 9dp5dfet and came back at 27. The second one was at 11dp5dfet and came in at 101. I’ve seen much higher numbers in others so I am nervous. They didn’t require anymore betas since it almost quadrupled, but I still worry. Just waiting for the first sono on the 26th.

They didn’t draw progesterone levels on me since I’m on PIO anyway

good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @jb222222 my hcg was 36 when I got my BPF 12dpo. Progesterone was above 20 that day but within a week had dropped to 17 so started supplements. The numbers all seemed on the super low side based on the typical ranges and I was very nervous. The hcg didn’t quite double as they say it should the first few draws, but eventually (it seemed after the progesterone was started) they took off more than doubling at a good rate.  I am now 24+6 with this baby girl so I know it can happen. Fingers crossed everything goes well for you also. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • pebbledampebbledam member
    edited February 2018
    At 3w5d my hcg was 45 and my progesterone was 6.2. My hcg tripled by 4w0d, but they had me start a progesterone supplement and they had me come back a week later to retest that - at which point it was 18.7. I'm 6w5d now. Please update us tomorrow.  <3
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My hCG levels were 148 at 12dpo and 1106 at 16dpo going for another draw tomorrow. HCG levels are really rather confusing though.  Some people have high levels and some people have lower levels.
  •  It truly depends on your body. The ranges are different for everyone. My hCG started out at 20 at three weeks and three days.