December 2018 Moms

8wk measuring 6.5

At my eight week appointment ( eight weeks to based on 1st day of LMP)I got an ultrasound and was measuring six weeks and five days. From that the doctor changed my due date from December 28 to January 6. Should she have changed my due date? Or could it be that the baby is just measuring small right now and will catch up & my due date is the same? 
Monique P. 30 YR OLD + TTC

Re: 8wk measuring 6.5

• Due dates change all the time. If you weren't tracking ovulation then you could have just ovulated later than you thought/later than what a "normal" 28 day cycle usually is. I think typically this early on babies measure about the same size based on their age, so if you're truly 8 weeks baby would measure at least within a couple days of that, I don't think baby can be measuring that "small" this early on. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• LLynde5LLynde5 member
    I am also measuring behind but only 4 days.  My OB kept my date the same.  She would have changed my date if I was 5 or more days behind.  Part of me wishes she would have changed my date because I measured 4 days behind with my DD and she was born 4 days late.  Those days over nearly killed me (mentally) and being induced because of my GD wasn’t pleasant. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Babies at this stage will all be about the same size. It’s really unlikely that you’re actually 8 weeks if you measure 9 days behind. The babes will diverge a lot in size in the coming months but for now, I wouldn’t stress about the change in due date. It’s really just a guess anyway - babies come when they want. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I’m measuring 4 days behind and my OB changed my due date.  Are you getting a follow up scan to make sure growth stays on track?  My doc didn’t change my due date until I had a second scan that still showed 4 days behind.   
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • This happened to me. Based on my period my original due date was 11/27 but when I had an ultrasound at what I thought was 8 weeks I measured at 6 weeks 3 days and due date changed to 12/10. This just means I ovulate later in my cycle, so I wasn’t as far along as I thought. 
  • trucksntutustrucksntutus member
    edited May 2018
    This happened to me with my first. My EDD was originally July 4, but my OB later changed her EDD to June 29 based on her size/growth at her 8 week visit, when I was technically 9 weeks based on their calculations. However, with  the change or not DD was born on July 5. Baby will cook however long he/she needs to. :) 
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Were you tracking your ovulation? As others have said, if you ovulated later  than CD 14,  it would make sense that you would not be as far along as you thought.
  • As others have said, if you’re measuring that much different, you’re definitely more like 6.5 than 8. Babies younger than 12ish weeks all grow about the same within a few days. Any more than 5-7 days and your dates are off and the ultrasound is more accurate. I would hope they’ll give you any other ultrasound in a couple weeks to make sure baby is growing appropriately
  • I ovulated around day 20 so I guess that makes sense. 
    Monique P. 30 YR OLD + TTC
  • asun123asun123 member
    My cycles are about every 35 days instead the regular 28. Which means I ovulate later so my baby's due date by measuring in ultrasound did not match up with what I would be based off my last menstrual cycle date. It was about a six day difference so my doctor changed my due date. But now the baby has caught up which is weird and is right on track with last menstrual cycle date. Some crazy stuff is going on in there but I'm just going with the flow. 
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker