August 2018 Moms
Options

High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 05/22

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is a guilty pleasure you have? G-R ratings welcome!
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 05/22

• Options
    How far along are you?
    25+5

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, IC, Diabetes

cerclage check on Thursday 05/24

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: had my A1C drawn on saturday.. came back at 4.8! my pre-pregnancy was 5.3 ... i've had a few spikes here and there but apparently i'm doing ok  :D

Reality tv.. like KUWTK .... the trashier the better lol 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27+4

Why are you high-risk? AMA, Diabetes

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Not so far - I just emailed my numbers to the diabetes team and I'm waiting for them to call back and increase my insulin again. Last time I was seeing these trends they had me come in for a quick checkup just to make sure everything is ok.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just my normal complaining about all the needle sticks. It's getting old and I'm starting to really research my options for after baby. I think I'm leaning towards asking about the pump because metformin was useless for me but we'll see.

GTKY: What is a guilty pleasure you have? G-R ratings welcome! I love Vanderpump Rules - DH even watches it with me! We feel pretty good about our life choices after watching a bit of trash lol! Oh and any B movie that involves any kind of genetically modified animals destroying a small town in <insert remote country here> and then a team of scientists have to go save the world... basically the kind of movies that SiFi plays on the weekend lol!

@harleyquinn0621 - Congratulations on a fantastic A1C! That takes a ton of work, you should be super proud of yourself! Good luck with your cerclage check! When do they plan to remove it? I think you said that you have weekly checks to a certain point, then does it go to a few times a week?

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stac928Stac928 member
    @harleyquinn0621 exciting about your A1C.  Fingers crossed on the check Thursday!

@mrsbubbles-2 fingers sticks are new for me and I'm already tired of them I hope they can figure out your insulin

How far along are you?
    27w3d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, RPL, partial/marginal placenta previa, marginal hypertension (though improving), and gestational diabetes

Monitoring my blood sugars and carb intake to try to control GD with diet/exercise.  No medical appointments this week. Next appointment June 1, ultrasound to check placenta placement. Then follow up appointment with OB on GD to see how I've been doing and decide course of action after two weeks of using diet/exercise to try to control.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My after meal blood sugars look great!  None have been above the limit given by doctor.  However, my fasting blood sugars look horrid.  I'm not anywhere near what she wants me to be.  Many of them are higher than my after meal sticks.  It's frustrating.  I'm not sure what to do about it. 

Reality TV, thought right now I don't watch much but I love some trashy reality tv to unwind to!
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    edited May 2018
    @mrsbubbles-2 they are going to check me weekly until 28 weeks (they said 28 weeks but my last check is scheduled for June 14th which is actually 29 weeks for me... i think the receptionist calculated dates wrong) ... after that, it's my understanding they don't check it at all anymore (Unless i start to have symptoms of labor) ..... otherwise the plan is to remove it at 36w 

@stac928 fasting blood sugar numbers are super frustrating because they generally aren't about what you are eating, but the glucose your liver dumps over night... i forget, are you on insulin or trying to control with diet? some people have success with snacks right before bed, that's never done anything for my numbers tho 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    Stac928Stac928 member
    @harleyquinn0621 I'm doing by diet right now.  I'm on metformin but was on it before for other reasons (PCOS/miscarriage).  I've been eating snacks but maybe not enough?  or too much?
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 - what have your fasting numbers been if you don't mind sharing? Ditto @harleyquinn0621 that the fasting numbers are such a pain to try and manage. I would try having a bedtime snack for the next few days - think high protein low carb. I do cottage cheese with blueberries or greek yogurt and a little granola. Special K also makes a Protein cereal that's pretty good and with whole milk gives a good amount of protein. It could also be a major pain in the rear but you can check you numbers at around 3am, then again when you wake up. That could give you an idea of when the glucose rise is happening. Sorry you're frustrated!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stac928Stac928 member
    @mrsbubbles-2 I'll post them more specifically tonight when I get home.  I don't have them on me right now.  I think they've ranged from 98-125 and tend to hover around 110.  My doctor is looking for less than 95 fasting :-(
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    hopeful91hopeful91 member
    edited May 2018
    How far along?
    28+2

Why are you high risk?
    polyhydramnios

Additional testing?
    GTT

Rants 
    Not sure I like the OB scheduled to do my CS

Question
    Anyone else know they are getting a CS?

GTKY-
    Hate reality tv but I generally watch too much tv after my daughter goes to sleep!
  • Options
    @hopeful91 i'm not familar with a CS test, what is that?
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    By CS I meant c-section. 
  • Options
    Stac928Stac928 member
    edited May 2018
    @mrsbubbles-2 my fasting blood sugars have been 116, 115, 98, 110, 125

@hopeful91 I may know next Friday about a C section. If placenta isn’t any further from the cervix we will be having one at 36 weeks. But if we’ve created some distance between the two we won’t schedule one yet. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    ave1012ave1012 member
    How far along are you? 28w 6d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, Pregnancy induced thrombocytopenia with past two pregnancies

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Did glucose test and OB started to check my blood counts this week

Rants/Raves/Questions? I passed my glucose test BUT my platelets are 75 (low normal value is 150), we knew they would get low but not this soon, now have to start seeing a hematologist. OB told me that I will probably have to start taking steroids to help get my numbers up, anyone else had to do this? Was is oral, injection or IV steroids? 

GTKY: What is a guilty pleasure you have? G-R ratings welcome! Love watching Forensic Files and shows like that when I am by myself (which is not often)
  • Options
    @hopeful91 oh ! duh.. sorry lol i need to ask my OB about that because when i went over my insurance with the girl in the finance office, the paper she handed me showed a planned c-section as delivery method and she said that came from my dr- although my dr hasn't said anything to me about that and I'm not sure why i would require one..... i've been meaning to ask her, i'll do that next appointment 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    ***lurking from Sept***

@mrsbubbles-2 MIL is on the pump, has been for years, and she loves it.  (DH is still trying to control his with metformin, and he reallly doesn't want to have to go back on insulin if he can help it, so we'll see.)  But MIL loves how she can adjust the pump to be customized over a 24 hour period.  Still doing the regular finger sticks to test, tho. :/
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28w+1d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, 2 previous MC's, corrected uterine septum

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Well, I'm responding to this kind of late in the week - so I'll talk about last week and this one.  Had an appointment on Tuesday and everything looks good but failed my glucose 1 hour. Womp womp. Going in on thursday for the 3-hour. I needed 135 and had 150, so hoping I'll pass the 3 hour. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None right now! I feel like I always manage to have a ton when I see my doctor.

Bollywood movies. H makes fun of me, but I love the dancing and the music. It's all so happy (most of the time) and a little ridiculous, but that's why I like it so much. 

@hopeful91 I'm getting a C-section. We have it scheduled for August 6 at 38 weeks. I'm kind of secretly a bit relieved to have a firm due date!
  • Options
    @BusinessWife - thanks for the info! I hope your DH is successful with the metformin, insulin is such a pain. I'm so torn because my GP was managing my meds but once this baby comes I think that an endo would be better for long-term management. Has your DH or MIL looked into a continuous glucose monitor? A friend of mine just got the Freestyle one and really likes it. Anything so save the fingers from more needle sticks, right? :)

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hezzer78 can I ask why they are doing it at 38 weeks? Just curious. My OB practice will only do it sometime during week 39. 
    That's the date for mine also. 
  • Options
    @hopeful91 I had a septum removed from my uterus, and when they did that, it caused my uterine lining/wall/whatever it's called to be thinner in some spots. I guess my uterus is just weaker now? Doc doesn't want me to go into labor and stress it or risk any complications so she's doing it at 38 weeks. Of course, if I go into labor sooner than that, I'll have an emergency c-section instead of a scheduled one.