Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 5/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: WTO Tuesday 5/29

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, PCOS Diet, supplements

R/R: I have had spotting the last three days again.  WTF?!  I never had mid cycle spotting before now.  I also started using the digital OPKs for the first time and am trying to figure them out.

CS/Q: I had a high temp that I discarded because it seemed inaccurate (we were drinking that night and I am positive that's why it's up).  I had a temp rise today, so maybe now is O?

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush?  I can't remember who was first...Leonardo Dicaprio or Justin Timberlake.
  • Month/Cycle: 12/13

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Ava, OPKs, Pree-seed, Myo-Inositol

R/R: Rant: I left my Ava at my in-law's house because I wasn't paying attention and forgot to unplug it and pack it.

CS/Q: nope.

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush? I can't even remember. I've never been one to keep up with celebrities. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @luckywife10 *From Yesterday* The client was alright. His file involves a bit more work, but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. The irate client is coming in this afternoon :sweat: Sorry for the bad timing <3

@nitnat007 *From Yesterday* My fiance is a 5th degree black belt in Kindai Bujitsu. It is an all encompassing martial art that is entirely built around self defense and discipline. That means he can protect me from wild boars and invaders :)

Month/Cycle: 16/14

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: Hopefully, HIO tonight.

R/R: Wanted to try yesterday due to some symptoms that felt like O was coming. When my fiance got home from work he wanted to take the dog out first before the sun went down. When he got back, he was too tired as he had jogged part of the way. I was ready to rip his head off. Why in Christ's name would you jog when you knew I wanted to try tonight?! I have learned not to voice everything that goes through my head, so I waited a few minutes before bringing it up. I was super pissed. He better have a relaxing day off today or I will take it out on him. 

CS/Q: -

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush? Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys.
  • @suzycupcake Ugh....hope that spotting goes away quick. Did you use Wonfo OPK before? Did you have issue with them at all?
    @thrgirlwhowaited Damn....hope that your in-laws aren't too far and that you can get it back quickly. 
    @meri-mac *swoon* it is always so nice to feel like your man can protect you no matter what. But I guess nothing will protect him from you if he doesn't put out tonight lol. It can be super frustrating when they do that, and do not realize how important it is. I told H last night that we had to go to bed early last night because we had some *ish to do. He says "You use the same tone when you have to vacuum the house". Oops  :s

Month/Cycle: 12/13 (4 benched)

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: Back to acupuncture today and it will be with a new therapist, so looking forward to that. MH basically pushed me out of bed this morning. I rolled over the grab my watch after my alarm went off and I ended up with his knees in my back. Thanks H, love you too! He tells me he can not be held accountable for the things he does in his sleep. Mmmhmm

CS/Q: 

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush? Not sure who was first, but I remember having a few over the early years. JT was one. Lead singer from Aha was another. 
  • Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: All the things.  

R/R: We should be getting SA results back today... TBD if this is a rant or rave.

CS/Q: Nope, I'll probably resume temping tomorrow for this cycle.

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush?  JTT  :D

• meggymemeggyme member
    edited May 2018
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, starting opk's Friday

R/R: I think DH is going out of town at the start of my FW. I'm hoping his trip gets delayed or I O early.

CS/Q: -

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush? First crush I remember is John Smith from Pochahantus, first real person crush is Lance Bass from N*Sync. So apparently I have a thing for fictional cartoons and closeted gay men... Luckily DH isn't my usual type.
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: the usual

R/R: Made it to Houston after lots of driving.  So nice to be back in my hometown.  CD 17 and still no signs of O.  This is only my second cycle actually tracking, but I’m starting to wonder if it’ll happen this cycle.  Last month I o’d early and got AF 4 days early, something that never happens.  So I don’t know what’s up.  I’m starting to wonder if I should stop with the opk and temping because it’s making me a little nuts. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush? Matt Damon.
  • Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: BBT

R/R: The rant is obvious what with the CD1. I had a huge temp drop on Sunday and then sustained that low yesterday, so I knew it was coming. But we also had people over on Sunday and they all had small kids and, the timing just made it particularly hard. I always feel a bit better though the day AF actually shows up, when I've had low temps and know it's coming. Just end the dreading it portion finally. But also a big ole rant to the fact that I had a 24 day cycle and have been blessed with TWO AFs in the month of May. Awesome. I guess I should look on the bright side, at least I have more opportunities this way. Just kind of hard not to be grumpy about it all right now.

CS/Q: a lovely low temp dot

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush? When I was super little I had a big crush on Atreyu from "The Never Ending Story." It didn't hurt that he had a horse, though don't get me started on the trauma of that whole thing.

@meggyme -- While Atreyu was my first crush, I definitely remember getting arguments with friends about whether Lance or Justin were cuter from N'Sync. I was also Team Lance, but it seems like the Team Justin folks are probably having the last laugh now!

• meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited May 2018
    **Edited because I apparently don't know the difference between rant and rave.**
    @nitnat007 LOL! I know what you mean! It is hard to think about this as having fun when we feel like it has to get done. Vacuuming takes longer though ;) Hope your acupuncture goes well!

@Sparty18 We hope it is a rave! Fx!

@meggyme Definitely know what you mean about John Smith. There is nothing wrong with crushing on fictional characters...I hope :sweat:

@hoodevil0611 How was the trip to Houston? Have you ever watched Dogma with Matt Damon. Seriously funny and good acting from Mr. Bourne.

@auburnvelvet86 Sorry about AF. Let yourself be grumpy for a little while. You can't help the way you feel and you have the right attitude. Another chance next month <3
  • Month/Cycle: 20/20

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: bbt,opk,cm,hio

R/R: Planted some cabbage, cauliflower, Pumpkins and some lilies. We made a mistake on the broccoli and ended up with two bunches of Cauliflower maybe we`ll just give them away.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush? Micheal Jackson
  • grangerhp37grangerhp37 member
    edited May 2018
    @sparklingdiamond FX today is O for you!!
    @thrgirlwhowaited Did your doctor recommend/prescribe Myo-Inositol or did you find it from the interwebs? That has come up a bunch in my searches for supplements that don't require a prescription, so I'm curious to see whether you think it's helped! My issue seems to be high testosterone that's keeping me from ovulating.
    @meri-mac I would be very annoyed with your H too! Mine typically wants to HIO all the time, but lately because I've suggested it more often he seems to be less in the mood. Seriously, dude? That's the one thing you're supposed to help me out with in this whole process...
    @nitnat007 Any suggestions on how to find a place to go for acupuncture? Is it typically expensive?

*Edit: I was trying to fix my comment from being linked with the username, but it isn't working!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 34, at this point hoping that I magically ovulated but just didn't catch it

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opks, pnv, hio, pcos diet and supplements

R/R: Rant: No sign of O. I scheduled my annual pelvic exam for the end of June, so I'm hoping AF will at least arrive before then. Otherwise it'll be over 60 days since my last period for the second cycle in a row. I really wanted to give vitamins/supplements a chance to start working before looking into Clomid. Might just ask for Provera to see if that'll kick my system back in gear.
    Rave: 8 school days left before summer!!

CS/Q: I took a break from temping over the weekend because I was out of town, although my temp was the exact same today as it was on Friday so doesn't seem like I missed much.

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush? Nick Carter from BSB (same as @meri-mac!). I had a giant BSB poster on my wall for years and for some reason thought Nick was the cutest...

• aukeevaukeev member
    Newbie here!

Month/Cycle: 18/18

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PCOS diet (paleo for the most part), just began new treatment plan: Metformin, Femara, Estradiol & Progesterone, considering trying Ovidrel trigger shot 

R/R: Rant: Last AF was six days late and got SO excited. Let down, as always :/ but, in good spirits. Rave: DH is all clear!

CS/Q: I have been so bad about temping the past few months, really hoping to do this more regularly with the new med plan!

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Jonathan Taylor Thomas after seeing Wild America
  • @nitnat007 DH called his mom last night and she is going to overnight it to us. They are a 3 hour drive from us.

@meri-mac that's incredibly frustrating. When DH does that I still tease him and he usually gives in because he's weak lol or he just can't seem to turn down the opportunity. 

@Sparty18 fx they are good results!

@dogmomma271 I originally found a study from Germany that showed many women's egg quality increased after 3 months of use as well as their cycles regulating (some with PCOS). I decided to use it because I hadn't done any FSH/AMH testing and my cycles aren't exactly a German train schedule (but never longer than 35 days). My doctor later brought it up and I had already started it for a month so I've kept with it. This has only been month 3 and I'm not the best about taking it every day. I use the powder that you mix with water. I haven't noticed anything, but also not testing egg quality yet. Next cycle my new RE will do my first AMH, My FSH a few weeks ago was fine. So I don't have any bad to say or really anything good to say yet.

@oklahomak welcome!

• @thrgirlwhowaited yay that your in-laws are overnighting your Ava!

@meri-mac that's happened to me with DH before too. So frustrating! Hopefully tonight will be better!

@Sparty18 that picture is hilarious! I didn't realize until I was in high school that JTT voiced Simba. Lion King is my favorite Disney movie.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPKs I should start drinking green tea again, but it's so hot out that hot tea is not appealing.

R/R: DH just came back from a long weekend away of fishing. I enjoyed the alone time and doing my own thing, but I'm so happy to have him back home.

CS/Q: Since the topic of our SOs sometimes not being in the mood or being "too tired" has come up, I have a related question. I need to have a talk with DH about really trying this month. I would love to BD every day for a week, but DH will be out of town for work for a week during FW. Also, DH's job is demanding and I don't think he will be up for BD every for a week. I know that is slightly unrealistic for DH and I to BD every day for a week.

***TW***
    The first month we TTC last time, DH had performance anxiety so our timing was terrible. We had a good talk about things and then were successful the next cycle. Before getting pregnant, I ovulated on CD 19, but last cycle I ovulated CD 29 and that cycle was 36 days long. So I'm not exactly sure when I will O this cycle. I'm also trying to wean DS from nursing at night so I know that is messing with my cycle and ovulation as well.

What do you ladies do: Do you give DH a few days heads up about when you'd like to BD, or simply tell him the day/night of?

GTKY : Who was your first celebrity crush?
    I didn't have a crush on anybody until Lord of the Rings came out. I fell hard for Orlando Bloom. 
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @luckywife10 for the green tea, could you make a big batch and then chill it like iced tea? I’m still figuring out how to ramp my libido up for EOD, let alone every day.

I need to find some good erotica to read, if anyone has any recommendations.
  • @luckywife10 unfortunately I can’t be much help about BD. Sometimes I tell him a few days in advance what I’m thinking, but he’s usually good with just spontaneously saying “okay, tonight”. I try not to let him know/see that it’s scheduled because I don’t want to take the fun out of it for him or make him feel like it’s another job at home. I try to keep most of that burden to myself so that he enjoys this journey more than me. 
  • @meggyme my experience with erotica is usually just the snippet of a book at the back of the Cosmo magazines. But I did read the “Locked” series by Maya Cross a while back and I enjoyed them. There’s a nice mystery to the plot.
  • @meggyme I really enjoy anything by Karen Marie Moning. I don't know if it is classed as erotica, but it should be. I first ready Spell of the Highlander and then To Tame a Highland Warrior. Highly Recommended. There is also the website Literotica. It is a collection of user submissions and can be hit and miss.
  • @Sparty18 Hope that the results were good for YH. 
    @meri-mac Acupuncture was good. I managed to fall asleep which was good. 
    @dogmomma271 Honestly, I just plugged it into google, read some reviews and picked one based on that and my location. Getting someone who specializes in fertility is definitely a plus. GL
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @meri-mac I’ve been browsing literotica, but everything seems to be part 7 of 11 and I’m just looking for a quick short story to help jump start my libido in the evening. I might have to actually invest some time in a story that doesn’t make my inner literary cringe. I’ll check those out.
  • @meggyme I find the 'Contest Winners' on the right side more reliable. I read a good one not that long ago, but I give it a trigger warning for us in the TTGP. It also helps that I can't remember the name of it. I'll look for it tonight if you'd like.