December 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms w/o 5.27

New week, new symptoms? Tell me about how uncomfortable you are - don't worry, nobody really wins the first trimester apparently :wink:

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Weekly Symptoms w/o 5.27

• I am so tired and hungry, but nothing sounds good. Then, if I find something that does sound good, I eat too much and feel like crap afterward.
  • Week 11, and my aversions seem to be lessening. Tonight instead of picking up a grocery store salad I was IN THE MOOD for Thai. First time I wanted something with flavor for a while - which is good, I want LO to get used to all of the flavors I love too.

(PS - I ate a normal amount and am now lying down because I feel crappy) Can't wait to get all of these gasses out of my body!

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Lightning crotch!! Forgot about this fun one.

**June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @rosebud332 Alright, I'll bite. What's lightning crotch?

Anniversary
  • I’m only interested in drinking plain water the last few days. Other beverages don’t sound good. At least I’m staying hydrated! 
  • LLynde5LLynde5 member
    I am so tired.  I feel like I am wasting days and getting nothing done. This is so out of character for me:(
  • Feeling so much better the last week or so (I'm at 11.4). Sitting in the airport waiting for my flight to denver for the week! So glad I'll be able to enjoy it, other than having to go to bed early lol. Have a great week everyone!
  • I'm 12 weeks 2 days today and I'm still tired. My abs hurt and feels like I just did an ab workout (same feeling I had that decided it was time to take my pregnancy test). Oh and my back hurts, and I'm hot all the time. Hopefully week 13 won't break my heart like this. Also, what is lightning crotch?
  • @echo-charlietango Haha it is exactly what it sounds like. Weird sharp pain that goes through your crotch for seemingly no reason. I don’t remember it this early last time but I think that’s what it was. Not the worst pain of pregnancy but one of the weirdest.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Holy RLP and headaches like mad!! 
    Nausea still comes and goes. I'm still too nervous to stop taking my meds yet. 
    Also going to follow @hkom and break out the snoogle soon!! 
  • hkomhkom member
    @kristah2 Oof I forgot about the headaches! I get one at least every other day, if not more.  Only one has been bad enough to lay me up so far, but the rest linger just enough to bother me and make me feel icky.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom they are horrible aren't they?! The problem is I get mirgaines that make me feel stomach sick so I don't know if it's still morning sickness or my migraine that makes me feel so horrible! 
  • hkomhkom member
    @kristah2 Thank goodness mine are not migrane-level, but sometimes they get close.  I do get nauseous with mine too though!  I just had to buy new ice packs because my jelly ones absorbed so much nasty smell from my freezer I couldn't use them without gagging.  :s 

BabyFruit Ticker

• whitneyb89whitneyb89 member
    edited May 2018
    The only thing different is dealing with more stretching feeling in my lower abdomen. Also, not really a symptom, but I feel like I caught something recently (or dealing with seasonal allergies, which is new to me). I've been dealing with a sore throat the past few days, along with coughing every now and then. Yesterday, I just felt like crap. I took my temperature last night, and it was 98.3 (which I thought was a little odd). Anyway, do you guys have any remedies that could help?
  • Bloat is on here too. (For those trying to manage it with diet, it may not be particularly helpful-the bloating is largely caused by the hormones slowing your digestive tract to a crawl so you can absorb the most possible nutrition.) Still battling nausea and some exhaustion and needing that 3am snack. 

@whitneyb89 Seems completely legit to me! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kchiquita20 for real. This will be my third and it’s insane how far along I look compared to the first time. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @kchiquita20 ugh the burping!! It's ridiculous!! I don't remember this being an issue with DS this early on!

@PensiveCrayon I'm over here giggling at tooting away five sizes :joy:
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• ... seasonal allergies, ... sore throat the past few days, along with coughing
    I am seasonal allergy queen, and it sounds like you have allergies (mine affect my eyes first, then I get real mucousy). Mine are really bad and I rotate OTC antihistamines. Doc is cool with my generic Benedryl, Claritin, and Zyrtec. I take one each night, and rotate pills each 10-20 days. Be advised that Allegra isn’t proven to be safe when pregnant -the others are widely regarded as safe. 

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango Thanks for the response! I never have dealt with allergies before, but with the way I've been sneezing more often the past couple weeks made me think that's what it was. I think I have some Benadryl, so I will have to give that a shot. Thanks!
  • I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and morning sickness should be winding down so...why did I puke tonight?!?! Wtf? I haven't thrown up since like 7-8 weeks! Not thrilled at the moment.
  • I also broke out my snoogle already and it is glorious! DH is still not a fan of it taking up so much room, but I can sleep comfortably!
  • @katy0990 I noticed last night that I’ve started raising my leg higher on my stomach to compensate for my little bump (if that makes any sense at all) so I think it’s time to bust mine out too. Sigh. Goodbye stomach sleeping. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • whaatwhaat member
    I’m at the point where I can only stop feeling sick when I’m actively eating. As soon as I stop, I’m nauseous again. The trick is that I also feel sick when I’m too full. 
  • I thought the nausea was starting to subside but it has returned and hits me at any time of the day. I know eating small, frequent meals and snacks will help and I need to remember to pack them when I'm out and about or at work. I was never nauseous like this with my DD! Bloating is so real! @PensiveCrayon I laughed at the tooting away 5 sizes! I finally switched to maternity bottoms (10+3). My regular jeans fit but it's just uncomfortable on my lower abdomen especially when sitting. I think I'm going to break out my pregnancy pillow too. 
  • Still nauseous from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep. My wedding season kicks off next weekend, I NEED it to leave.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 12 weeks 4 days.  I'm still tired and I've been getting headaches.  I also think I might have this lightning crotch thing?  It's not a hot pain, more like a dull (but somehow sharp) ache.  I assumed it was because of my uti since I've had similar pain when I've had utis previously.  Maybe it's a pregnancy thing though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • k_m10k_m10 member
    edited May 2018
    I’m 9 + 5 by my LMP, 9 + 1 by my last ultrasound. My boobs are sore AF, but I noticed the slight cramping / pulling sensation seems to be winding down. I guess a lot of people experience this about this time, but I’m just anxious.
    I only had 2 episodes of nausea the past week, but Sunday I threw up twice, once so hard that I peed. That was delightful.
    My bloating doesn’t seem to be as bad as it was.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Gwyneddlesliegrace Does sucking on any kind of ginger or sour candy help you? If so, maybe you can do all your weddings like that! Fx it leaves soon though. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • I get these ideas in my head of what I want to eat.  Then I get it and realize that I can not handle chicken (or most meat) and nothing ever tastes as good as it sounds in my head.  Or good at all, really.  I also just feel all around blah.   Don't feel well but can't explain why. Everything is annoying.  And I don't understand why I can't have daily ultrasounds to calm my PGAL brain!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Unrelated to pregnancy, I’m dealing with allergies + awful skin rash. Misery. Between food allergies and pregnancy-related food aversions, my choices are limited. I’m also afraid I’m going to eat something and have a reaction that is a risk to baby. 

The one good news is I haven’t thrown up in 3 days
  • I am so, so bloated that I've transferred to maternity pants for my at home/out and about/non-work pants. Haven't found any good ones for work yet. I'm also constantly burping and farting.

The invisible nausea has not subsided at all yet (but I'm only 10+4 from my last ultrasound), but it's actually nice to feel it - at least till my appointment on Thursday when I'll get to hear the heartbeat again. :) I'm pretty much only eating carbs and yogurt in the mornings and then in the evening I can eat whatever I want. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have another one. My ute just feels so heavy. Like it feels like I'm smuggling a bowling ball in there. What the hell is up with this?
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • lexidawg said:
    I get these ideas in my head of what I want to eat.  Then I get it and realize that I can not handle chicken (or most meat) and nothing ever tastes as good as it sounds in my head.  Or good at all, really.  
    Ugh yes to this. I've avoided chicken as much as possible, we're doing homemade chicken strips tonight though, so FX! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18