January 2019 Moms

Symptoms w/o 5/28

Let’s talk about these symptoms in one place. :smile:

Re: Symptoms w/o 5/28

• I have the worst taste in my mouth. It's sour and doesn't go away after brushing my teeth. It definitely doesn't help with the MS. Yuck.
  • AliKay20AliKay20 member
    edited May 2018
    @katethemom I get that too except it’s not sour but metal.

the other day, I drank juice out of a can and I could not get the metal taste out of my mouth!! It could not have been the actual can bc DH was fine but I can’t believe how strong it tasted from one sip. 

My latest thing besides peeing very frequently is just fatigue and this random cold like symptoms. I am congested and have a sore throat. Idk if it’s cold like actually or if it’s a legit cold but I remember getting “sick” like this frequently during my first pregnancy. I just want to breathe again and not feel this pain in my throat! Maybe hot water, lemon, and honey would help. 

ETA: Spelling error 
  • Loading the player...
  • I threw up for the first time since Thursday. Sleeping in had been helping and I have been  staying on top of my nausea by eating but not today! I had some spotting again on Friday morning so my doctor took me off of work. I’m supposed to be on pelvic rest but it’s kind of hard when you teach first grade. Other than that, other usual pregnancy symptoms like fatigue, tender/ full boobs, and round ligament stretching. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't gained any weight yet, but my stomach has definitely gotten bigger. Considering I already carry a lot of my excess weight in my abdomen, I feel like my stomach is super obvious now.  I foresee lots of "are you sure you're not further along?" in my future.   :/  

Otherwise, symptoms have been pretty mild the last few days, except for a brief but highly unpleasant bout of 2 am morning sickness yesterday. 

• tosh24tosh24 member
    edited May 2018
    Anyone else tender in the pelvis? I feel so sore. Not only if I push on it, but if I lay on my stomach at night sometimes. I don't remember this with my other pregnancies. It has my mind running crazy, like a million things are wrong. But even my pants are really uncomfortable during the day rubbing against my pelvis. ETA: 8+1 today
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• 5w2d

Super smell over here. Currently sitting on the train and smelling someone's foul breath or body odor. 

Also, boob pain and minor nausea (only bc of sour smells)

• My boobs hurt awful and I am super nauseous all morning and typically at night too. I pee all the time. I'm also restless in my sleep, which is super unusual for me. I don't remember having that with DS but, I was also less tired then so I wouldn't have found it strange. The commute to work is really giving me a run for my money with this nausea. The two hours in the car while nauseous is for the birds.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • I have so much gas. I keep burping from the moment I wake up for the entire day it seems. So gross. Food aversions are strong too, I cannot handle bacon. I made some yesterday for my family and could barely handle looking at it!
  • pttomatopttomato member
    edited May 2018
    My insulin resistance is increasing so I get like two bites of carbs per meal. I also can’t eat a lot of fat because it raises my fasting. I’m so hungry all the time.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • AngheatAngheat member
    8 weeks today

Minor nipple sensitivity, vivid memorable dreams, waking 2-3 times during the night to pee, tired most of the day and constantly feeling "off". Other than that, I cant complain!
  • @annaf2011 same here!! 4:30am every day because I need to pee. Thankfully I’m able to fall back asleep afterwards but waking up every night to go pee 1-2x is annoying.

My symptoms? Super smell, nausea, food cravings and aversions, some pelvic pain that I just call “growing pains,” some breast tenderness, nasal congestion, headaches, bad taste in mouth, gas, bloating, moodiness, crying way more often about things, fatigue, weird dreams...

That’s probably most all of them. Pregnancy is a lot harder than I expected!
  • lmfs90lmfs90 member
    The bloat is ridiculous, I look 5 months pregnant already. Hoping the bloat subsided very soon.  Insomnia is pretty bad and I have a food adversion to chocolate

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AliKay20 I sometimes have the metallic taste as well. I've found that citrus drinks really help, like a lemonade or a limeade. 

@Angheat I think you described it perfectly - just feeling "off" all the time. None of my symptoms are that bad individually, but put them altogether and it just leaves me feeling... ugh. 
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    MS is starting! 6 weeks tomorrow. I knew it would hit around 6 weeks. Even though I know it doesn't mean anything is guaranteed, it's nice to feel a little more pregnant. Also, I had THE WORST vivid dream last night. I won't even get into it because it was super trigger-y. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @kns1988 Vivid bad dreams like that are the worst, sorry you're going through that. It's always rough waking up and still thinking it's true. Such a relief to finally realize it's a dream though! 

• mrsmangmrsmang member
    Right now I’m averaging actually keeping down about 1 meal a day for more than an hour (if I’m lucky). Anyone else have nausea that bad?  Is that something I should talk to the doctor about?  Or is that pretty normal?
  • @beachmama14 that sounds like my pregnancy with DD. I was just so miserable. In addition to physical symptoms I also felt depressed/negative all the time. Hang in there! 
  • @mrsmang That seems pretty extreme. Couldn't hurt to talk to your doctor and see if s/he can prescribe meds to help.

• kns1988kns1988 member
    @mrsmang, it could be hyperemesis gravidarum. My sister always gets that, and it's bad enough to be hospitalized for dehydration. She's pregnant now and has meds to help with the sickness. I hope it lets up for you. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @luckymay2x I’m glad I’m not the only one. I definitely felt this way with my last pregnancy too but it was more in waves and not so constant. I’m so thankful to hopefully have a healthy baby at the end of all this, but I just really hate being pregnant and am just hoping the time will pass quickly. Hoping that isn’t insensitive to anyone else as I definitely don’t intend it that way. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Does anyone have extreme aversion towards toothpaste? I really can’t stand toothpaste right now. I gag over and over again in the few mins I’m brushing my teeth. Poor DH but I can’t help it. Good stuff right here. 
  • @mrsmang how often are you eating? Mine was close to that bad before I started forcing myself to eat every hour or two, even if it’s just milk and crackers. My RE basically said more sleep, eat more often (don’t let yourself get hungry), and stay hydrated. I’m still constantly nauseous, but at least I’m keeping my food down. The next step would have been medication if that didn’t work.
  • mrsmangmrsmang member
    Thanks everyone!  @AshVA @kns1988 @baileym9126 I have been trying to snack almost constantly but it wasn’t helping much. I ended up calling my dr who called in a RX for me. I’ll pick it up on the way home tonight and hopefully it will help!  It is at the point where basically whenever I look at a toilet (which is a lot since I constantly need to pee) I  gag and then puke if there was even a tiny bit in my stomach. Thanks for helping me realize there was no need to suffer through and that it was more than normal!
  • @mrsmang I’m glad you’ll be getting relief soon!
  • @beachmama14 I totally understand what you mean about hating pregnancy. It was hard for me last time when I was so miserable and co workers would be lime "cherish this time!"
  • @beachmama14 OMG eggo waffles sound so good right now!

I’m having a tough time with just feeling generally yucky - nothing in my fridge looks appealing (except for the pint of butter pecan in the freezer. But I shouldn’t have that for dinner .... right? .... right? Some one back me up here... )  My boobs hurt all the time. And I think they are getting bigger, which is saying something as I was an H cup to begin with. I’m also in bed by about 8:30 each night. And I have been having more vivid than normal dreams about being stressed by things. The other day I dreamed I was late for work because I had slept in 3 hours. I woke up super stressed only to realize it was Sunday. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Mild nausea, sore boobs, SO bloated. Also the fatigue. I never had this last time. By around 3pm everyday I literally feel like I have NO energy. Getting off the couch is a struggle. It especially sucks because I work evenings two days a week. I planned to go to the grocery store when my husband got home from work tonight but I was so exhausted he went instead. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @julesf817 That fatigue hits you so hard!!! I took a nap at 4 PM today and woke up 3 hours later. What?!?! Such an odd time to nap.
  • AliKay20 said:
    @julesf817 That fatigue hits you so hard!!! I took a nap at 4 PM today and woke up 3 hours later. What?!?! Such an odd time to nap.
    It’s brutal! It’s weird for me because i don’t even feel sleepy like I could nap, it’s just like I am completely zapped of energy. I just want to lay around and be catered to, why can’t that happen?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @beachmama14 OMG eggo waffles sound so good right now!

I’m having a tough time with just feeling generally yucky - nothing in my fridge looks appealing (except for the pint of butter pecan in the freezer. But I shouldn’t have that for dinner .... right? .... right? Some one back me up here... )  My boobs hurt all the time. And I think they are getting bigger, which is saying something as I was an H cup to begin with. I’m also in bed by about 8:30 each night. And I have been having more vivid than normal dreams about being stressed by things. The other day I dreamed I was late for work because I had slept in 3 hours. I woke up super stressed only to realize it was Sunday. 
    Definitely having weird stress dreams too! The other day I was supposed to get up and be somewhere at a certain time. I dreamt that I went the wrong way and no matter how hard I tried I kept going the wrong way, and it was getting later and later. I woke up so relieved it wasn’t real.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited May 2018
    +1 to energy zapped and stress dreams. I passed out in the car at 5pm while H was driving.  I absolutely couldn't keep my eyes open. 

Last night I had a dream I was getting married on the beach and part of the ceremony was going to be in the ocean,  but the ocean was filled with two types of jelly fish.  I was yelling for my H to tell me if they were the poisonous kind.  - WtAF  lol why??? 

ETA I created a dream thread,  I've seen it on other bmbs so there ya go
  • @sparkymcgeee ughhhhh me too with the gaining weight thing!! This morning I weighed myself and it was like 2lbs heavier than last week...which doesn't make sense, unless it's all the BLOATING that's been going on. I ate like a ton of watermelon yesterday and feel really bloated today.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Mandamay1414Mandamay1414 member
    edited May 2018
    @tosh24 I have that soreness too! It's kind of a crampy/heavy feeling, but I think I like the "sore" description you used. I didn't have this the first time (at least not at 5+1.. maybe 35+1 when DD was huge and majorly stretching everything). I'm super nervous for the soreness after *TW* my early lost in Feb *TW* but since there is no bleeding I'm just going with the "everything is stretching out" theory. 

Other than that, just fatigue and super hungry.. waiting for the MS shoe to drop any day...

Oh I forgot to add BLOAT... Thank goodness I wear scrubs at work...
  • @julesf817 yes to the lack of energy! I don't feel tired to the point of sleeping a ton, but I feel like I could legit lay around and not feel bad. Like you said.

I'm 7 weeks today, and since 6 weeks hit my all-day general queasiness started kicking in. So long as I eat every hour or two I don't feel it that much, but otherwise I just feel gross. Not quite nauseous, but gross. This morning, though, I realized it's time to keep a sleeve of saltine crackers on my nightstand. This happened last pregnancy, too: upon waking up I usually drink a full glass of water right away. I tried that this morning and almost threw up, but as soon as i shoved (yes, shoved) cereal in my mouth and swallowed, the feeling went away. So as long as I eat SOMEthing before drinking the water, it's ok.

Nipples are sensitive, but overall my boobs aren't sore. Definitely a bit bigger, though. And that BLOATING! I look 12 weeks pregnant already, I swear.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Super nauseous over here. Dinner was good tonight but the smell is still lingering in the kitchen and I just can’t with it. Leggings are life with this bloat, vivid dreams have started(lots of sex ones), sore boobs, always tired and coffee makes me sick now. And OH MY GOSH the swamp crotch, I feel like I need to shower like three times a day.