January 2019 Moms
Options

Vaginal spotting

Hi ladies,
I'm 5 weeks pregnant today and my first appointment is June 18th. (So far away!) Anyways, today I've had some light spotting but no cramps or any other symptoms. What do u think I should do and has anyone else experience this? Thanks! 

K

Re: Vaginal spotting

• Options
    olivemommaolivemomma member
    edited May 2018
    This is very common at 5 weeks and normally not worriesome without cramps. If you start cramping or the bleeding intensifies call you le OB
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Light spotting without cramping can be common at 5 weeks. I had a few days of spotting at 4 weeks and everything has turned out fine so far for me. If you’re worried about it you could call your OB and just update them to see what they say. In the meantime try to relax, which I know is harder than it sounds! Also, as olivemomma said, definitely call if the bleeding becomes heavy or you start to feel cramps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it's light spotting with no cramps, like @olivemomma said, it's normal. My OB said it would be natural to spot a little bit if my cervix got irritated (like after having sex). I was told to check in with the OB if the spotting got heavier (flow more like a period) or became bright red. Call your OB if you need peace of mind. 

PS - we have a symptoms thread that would be a great place to ask this type of question in the future! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Oops sorry thought I posted it in the symptoms thread as well. Sorry 
  • Options
    I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and I saw spotting this morning. This will be baby #4 and I'm getting up in age (38). Minor cramps but I'm hoping that's just because I haven't had breakfast yet. My appointment isn't until June 12th. I'm a little worried.