Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 05/21

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What is your go to summer drink?

Re: TTCAL w/o 05/21

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  A CP, m/c at 7 weeks, and a stillbirth at 32 weeks

Status:  I am still waiting to ovulate.  When I go to acupuncture and my cycle regulates, I usually ovulate around day 19.  Which is Wed.  But I'm not feeling confident about it happening.  

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  I am frustrated because yesterday and the two days before I had a tiny amount of spotting.  Didn't need a liner and it was literally just a tiny amount once or twice a day.  But why?!  I never had mid-cycle spotting before.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  None

GTKY: What is your go to summer drink?  I used to like the summer beers that would come out, but can't drink them now since they have gluten.
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: 4 first-tri losses in 14ish months. Endo dx but otherwise unexplained RPL.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Welp, my regularly scheduled, bi-monthly UTI has turned into a full blown kidney infection and I am just miserable. Despite that, I was able to rally and BD yesterday on O day (with some creative adjustments). Hopefully it wasn’t in vain!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Got the results of our karyotyping tests and my auto-immune tests. Everything is normal. I’m only 33 so they don’t think age is a factor. So, nothing to fix and we’re likely just really, really horribly unlucky. 

GTKY: What is your go to summer drink? Mimosas or sangria! Non-alcoholic I really get into La Croix.

@sparklingdiamond I frequently experience spotting at weird times during my cycle, and recently I’ve noticed spotting right around O. RE said it’s likely the result of hormonal fluctuations and nothing to fret over. Hoping your spotting is a one-off!
  • Loading the player...
  • @cassafrass15 Yuck I hope you feel better soon!  And yay that everything came back normal!  That's great news!  Ok good to know it's nothing to fret over.  Still weird since it never happened before and now it is.  Makes it feel like my body is doing yet another thing wrong!
  • lin0442lin0442 member
    @sparklingdiamond FX you O soon! Sorry your cycle is acting weird. 

@cassafrass15 I’m sorry you don’t have any answers. It’s really tough.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 2 losses over the course of two years, newly diagnosed uterine septum 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I’m really nervous for surgery. I think it’s the right move, but it’s still scary. I’ve been taking it easy on Bumping because I’ve just been trying not to think of it too much. DH and I went to Vegas this past weekend which was a good time- saw a great concert and just relaxed. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No testing, just surgery. 

GTKY: What is your go to summer drink? Alcoholic- aperol spritzer or pina colada, non-alcoholic- seltzer or iced coffee
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC end of Feb

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Still have a lingering cold (or maybe it's mostly allergies now). I tried weaning off the congestion meds but it didn't work. I literally cannot breathe if I don't take something. Luckily it hasn't seemed to affect my CM. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nada

GTKY: What is your go to summer drink? Sober life so nothing alcoholic but lemonade, ice tea, and things along those lines. My love for fruity drinks would be a disaster if I drank.

@sparklingdiamond sorry things are still out of whack. They'll adjust soon hopefully. Nothing is wrong, your body just needs to reset and heal from the loss.

@cassafrass15 you take the prize this week. BDing with uti/kidney infection is serious dedication.

@lin0442 good luck with surgery. I am sure everything will go perfectly.
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

TFAS - 4 early losses in the last year, none of which made it past 7 weeks.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Things are getting better. I still feel some sadness every time I see a pregnant woman, but  I’m allowing myself to plan things and get on with my life. It’s not that we aren’t trying anymore, it’s that I’ve shifted my priorities to make room for other things so that TTC isn’t as my only goal. I’m planning on calling my OB to see if I can get a referral for an RE sometime next week.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? HPTs this weekend, but we had horrible timing this cycle, so I’m not holding my breath this month.

GTKY: What is your go to summer drink? Mojito or some lemon/lime soda water. I did have a lemon/mint soda water while I was in the states last week and it was amazing!

@sparklingdiamond Have you gone back to acupuncture yet? I went after my third loss to help kickstart my cycle again, and it seem to help get things back to normal faster than my previous losses.

@cassafrass All my tests came back normal and now I fall into the ‘really unlucky group’ too. People kept reminding me that it’s a good thing, but it really sucks to not have anything to ‘fix’.

@lin0442 I’ll be thinking of you on Thursday! I hope your surgery goes very smoothly.

@prpl11butterfly I hope your cold goes away soon! Also, have you tried an Arnold palmer? It’s half sweet tea and half lemonade, which makes it a nice refreshing drink.

• @sparklingdiamond *TW has your cycle been weird since your loss? I’ve only had 3 since mine but I will say they are different end TW* I used to have spotting right before AF for 2 days and my last few cycles I go from nothing to full AF, it’s so weird how our bodies change!

@lin0442 I hope your surgery goes well and your nerves subside, easier said than done I know! I’m sooo jealous of your Vegas trip. Did you try and good restaurants? That’s my favorite part of going to Vegas, all the good food options!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. TTC since July 2017, EP with right tube removed in Feb18.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Things are good. My work has been pretty stressful lately so I’m kinda glad we are benched bc I’m guessing it wouldn’t be good for my TTC success to be so stressed. I can’t believe I’m over halfway thru my benched time. 3 more cycles and We’re good to go.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

GTKY: What is your go to summer drink? This year I think it will be Bud Light Orange. But I also love a good strawberry lemonade (with or without vodka)

• @ChloandCoco Yes I have been back in acupuncture since about a week or two after I had my stillbirth.  Was hoping I would at least see some regulation by now.

@nmbrcrnchr1 It's hard to say for me really.  I took Provera to make the first one start because I was at almost 2 months with no signs of even ovulating yet.  So this is my first actual cycle I guess after it happened.

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    1 CP in late April, no known cause

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  
    I’m feeling better this week. I told everyone that knows that I will let them know when there is news and specifically told them not to ask me about any baby stuff. That, and the fact that I’ve been crazy busy with work and putting in an offer on a house, is keeping me distracted. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

GTKY: What is your go to summer drink? I’m not really much of a drinker in general although I love red wine. I’m trying to cut back, so I’ll go with La Croix. The key lime flavor is da bomb! 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  MMC 2 12  and MMC 8/17

I have decided to self bench myself for a few months.  Some of it is TW-ing and I wont get into it here, but I am just not handling life well right now. The last 18 months of my life have been pretty terrible.  I generally try to have a good attitude and not just act like it isn't so bad (I think I do generally have a good attitude/perspective) but really, it has been crappy. And honestly, I am physically not doing well either.    3-4 months ago, I never imagined that I would find myself self benching, but I need to focus on other aspects of my life right now, if and when I ever get pregnant, I am hoping I am in a place mentally/physically that I can actually enjoy it.  

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have an appointment with my OBgyn tomorrow. 

GTKY: What is your go to summer drink?  Something with gin.  I inadvertently got a little tipsy on  a gimlet this evening.  I think my weight loss has made me a lightweight. Then tipsy Holly thought a London mojito sounded amazing and no one felt the need to talk me out of it, so I ended up getting rather drunk for a Wednesday night.

@cassafrass15, that sounds so miserable, I get yeast infections easily, they are terrible, I can't imagine having a kidney infection on top of it! Hopefully you did not rally through it in vain.

@lin0442,. I wish you the best with your surgery and recovery!
  • @lin0442 Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!

@ChloandCoco The “unlucky” group is such a bitch. But I guess I’m glad there isn’t anything wrong with us, right? Ugh. Hope you’re feeling better (less sad). 

@TJtheGoat Did the seller accept your offer on the house? So exciting!

@holly321 Ugh - yeast infections are really awful! I feel ya. I’m so sorry you’re having a hard time lately. Taking a step back to reevaluate things has really helped me to cope in the past - I hope your time on the bench helps you, too. We are here for you!
  • @TJtheGoat Hooray! Congrats, and enjoy! 
  • @lin0442 How did the surgery go?
  • @holly321 I hope you feel better soon. Focusing on your health sounds like a good plan.
  • @holly321 You do whatever you need to do to feel better. We’ll be here when you need us. Hang in there!
  • lin0442lin0442 member
    @holly321 We’re here for you, and I hope the break does a lot for your health and wellness. 

@TJtheGoat Aaaah! Congrats on the house!

The surgery went well! Thank you everyone for your kind words, I was so nervous. Resting at home today. The surgery took a bit longer than was expected- apparently there was more fibrous septum tissue than they planned on from my hysteroscopy. The doc was really glad I went through with it and thinks it will help a lot. I did end up with full general anesthesia, so I was extremely groggy yesterday and am still pretty beat today. 

Now I have an extremely dignified balloon in my uterus for a couple days to help it heal. V sexy. 
  • @holly321 your health should be the top priority. I am so sorry that you find youself in this position but I am really happy your Dr was able to recognize the issues and help you come to a decison. I hope the next few months help you get healthy in mind and body ❤
  • @holly321 There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a break. Your health should be the most important thing right now. I’m wishing you the best over the next few months. 
  • @holly321 I’m so sorry that you are struggling with your health right now, but glad that you’re taking steps (and have your doctors support) to improve it. 

@lin0442 Yay for a successful surgery! If the septum was more extensive than they thought, removing it should be a big help. I’m glad they finally took care of it and I hope you’re up and moving around soon. 
  • @holly321 I know a break can be frustrating but I hope this will be exactly what you need!!!

@lin0442 so glad your surgery went well!!! I am so hopeful that the surgery will be your solution:)
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    Edit.
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN