Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO FriYay!! - 05/25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY : Do you believe in ghosts? If so do you have any good stories?

Re: WTO FriYay!! - 05/25

• Good morning @nitnat007 and happy Friday!

Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: HIO

R/R: Rant: My cat kept waking me up this morning because he's a cuddle bug and likes to be up in my face! Rave: I did get my second high temperature.. hoping for 1 more tomorrow! I feel like I'll probably wake up earlier than usual because I'll be stressing about the dang bbt! Buuut 3 day weekend, yay! Seeing friends tonight and pool party tomorrow!

CS/Q: Not too much to see

GTKY : Do you believe in ghosts? If so do you have any good stories? I do believe in spirits but I don't have any stories of my own!
  • @meladams10 Fx for high temp tomorrow! Enjoy your weekend!

Month/Cycle: 16/14

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Nothing right now. Maybe keeping stress levels low?

R/R: It is Friday. Thank goodness. Why is it that the 4 day weeks feel longer than the 5 day weeks? Internal time sucks!

CS/Q: -

GTKY : Do you believe in ghosts? If so do you have any good stories? I do not believe in ghosts, but I do love a good ghost story (not that I have any :p ). Each province puts out a book full of ghost stories from their lore which is quite interesting. You find them at touristy places, but they are fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • @meri-mac Thank you! :) Props to you for keeping your stress levels low! I should take some pointers from you. 
  • @meri-mac TGIF after a short week.  You're right they do always seem longer.  Also I don't believe in ghosts but would love to check out the ghosts stories for my own Province and the ones near me. I love things like that. I'll have to look it up. 

@meladams10 My cat is the same.  DH always boots him away from his side and he always marches right over to mine.  If DH is awake sometimes he actually has to kick him off of me because he literally is a big cat and a bit of a pillow hog.   :#  Also fingers crossed on a third high temp! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU:  BBT, Opks, the usual. 

R/R: Ugh so I have been MIA because I got the stomach flu and was incapable of doing anything.  We had a long weekend so of course work is normally extremely busy on the day after holiday.  So by missing that day it set my whole week back and I'm only catching up now.  Another rant is that because I was sick I ended up having to skip a day of temping when I should have been temping and a few of my temps were out of wack because I didn't sleep well for a few nights.  I have short cycles on average and sometimes they get really short...so my concern was that O would be today or even yesterday if I had one of those weird cycles and of course since I've messed up my temps I won't see the shift.   Then I went and forgot to bring opks to work yesterday.  Today I can say that I don't think I O'd yesterday but It could be soon, hopefully my weekend temps start telling me more. I guess I should remember that in the 11 months I tracked bbt when TTC the first time and in the 6 months I did to prevent  later that I only had 2 of those 21-22 day cycles. I probably need to chill. haha. 

Also I completely lost my voice today and think I have laryngitis.  This week needs to end. Also sorry for the novel. 

CS/Q:  naah, nothing to see. 

GTKY : Do you believe in ghosts? If so do you have any good stories? No I don't really.  But I do love me a good ghost story. Although I end up scaring myself from being able to walk around my house alone haha. 
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: My body is WEIRD!  I might be in TWW who knows?!

WAYDTGKU: BD, opks came yesterday woohooo for pee sticks!  Charting someday

R/R: I do not want to do the work today but I have lots of work to do.  I cam ein early so I can get out of here.  I'm also pretty much useless after 3 pm work wise.

CS/Q: 

GTKY : Do you believe in ghosts? If so do you have any good stories? I believe in spirits but I don't know about ghosts.  I know I feel loved ones who've passed around me a lot but it's a comforting thing.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• @nitnat007 my  husband does that every night if I don't clamp down on the blankets on my side first. Super annoying.
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @hoodevil0611 Yay for puppies! Drive safely!

@Venessa88 I hope you're feeling better. Stomach bugs are the worst. You should still be able to see a change in temps even if you're missing a couple. You might not be able to pinpoint O day, but should still be able to confirm it.

@thrgirlwhowaited that's interesting that your doctor discounts bbt. It seems to be the end all be all (aside from ultrasounds) for confirming O. I'm glad you have a plan.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, will start opk's next weekend

R/R: It's almost the weekend!!! I have a long weekend ahead of me, but I'll post that in TFAS.

CS/Q:  none

GTKY : Do you believe in ghosts? If so do you have any good stories? I like to believe in ghosts, and I truly believe there are things we cannot yet explain, but I also don't believe in an afterlife. I love watching ghost shows on TV though.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @hoodevil0611 I don't know if it gets much better than a road trip and a puppy! Be safe and have fun!

@Venessa88 Thank you! I hope you start feeling better soon. Also, I'm with you on these frustrating temps! Since I know so much is "riding" on this 3rd temperature, I'm sure I'll wake up a couple hours before I need to take my temp! So much anxiety on silly temperatures!! 

@nitnat007 Thank you! I love that you leave post its for your DH! I should start doing that. What do you put on them... (when it's not about hogging the blankets) :)

@thegirlwhowaited11 Thank you! FX! I'm glad the SA came back good!! Big relief! It'll be good to get your levels tested and the HSG. The HSG is so worth it.. just to know! I've been thinking about taking a break from BBT. I get so stressed out when I'm waiting on my 3 high ones to confirm ovulation that it's probably not healthy. Some times I think we have to step back from the obsession. 

@meggyme OMG that bad prom dress siggy! DYING! 
  • projectaliceprojectalice member
    edited May 2018
    Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD: cd2

WAYDTGKU: frequent sex, opks and Ava bracelet once it arrives

R/R: second period this month. Really not amused. My cycles are all over the place right now, but I guess I ovulated really quickly after the last one. 

CS/Q: Not really. Hot mess chart right now that wouldn't make sense and I wasn't temping.

GTKY : Do you believe in ghosts? If so do you have any good stories? Heck yeah I do. I've lived in 2 haunted houses and my family had to have an exorcism. We all felt it leave, even my dad, who never believed in anything like that. 

Here's another experience of mine but it's long:

There's a place in the Smoky Mountains called Thomas Divide. It's supposed to be haunted. You go, flash your lights 3 times and wait. Some people experience strange things (mostly orbs).

My ex and I went, flashed our lights 3 times and waited. Nothing happened so we tried once more and waited. We rolled our windows down and I hung my head out my window to look at the stars. It was a lovely, clear summer night. 

I said to my ex "this is stupid, nothing is going to happen, we should go". Basically RIGHT after saying that I heard little footsteps coming from the woods at the end of the pull off, coming quickly towards my side of the car. It was clear that night, with enough light, if there was someone I would have definitely seen them. But I couldn't see ANYONE, I could only hear the sound of their footsteps running towards me. 

I sort of froze in disbelief, staring in the direction of the noise, and the  footsteps ran all the way up to and RIGHT INTO MY CAR DOOR. I shit you not, something that I could not see run all the way up to the car, then smacked INTO my door and rocked the car a little bit. It hit the car pretty good!

My ex thought it was me playing around somehow and asked me if I rocked the car! I said NO, that wasn't me!!! He got so scared, he reversed the car real fast and FLEW out of there like a bat outta hell.
  • @projectalice Oh no....two periods in a month?? Ugh, hope that isn't the norm for you. Your ghost story is eerie! I would have lost my mind lol. 

@meladams10 Sometimes it is just to remind him of things, like to take his lunch. Haha, he is awful at remembering that. But I always put something cute on there too like "you still rock my world" or just "love you". He gets a kick out of it. I leave the house before he even wakes up, so it is a way we can still connect. 

@thrgirlwhowaited like @meri-mac mentioned, I am tempted to get separate duvets. It gets a bit much. Or get a king size for our queen. Glad that YH sa came back all clear. I get how that is hard on you though so *hugs*. One more step forward though. Hope you enjoy your weekend. 
  • @hoodevil0611 A road trip and a puppy sound delightful! Have fun!

@nitnat007 that sounds very sweet! My post its are so small I couldn't fit much on there, but it's a sweet idea. :)

@thegirlwhowaited11 Glad to hear the SA came back good! :)

@Venessa88 I hope you're feeling better soon, that all sounds awful
  • @nitnat007 it's definitely not my norm, but things have been very wonky the last couple months. :/ hoping it evens out soon. 

@thrgirlwhowaited I meant to ask, how do you like Ava??
  • @thrgirlwhowaited Yay for good SA results, glad you are moving forward with tests of your own.  That's interesting about their thoughts on the BBT.  

Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: All the things.

R/R: I am working from home today but really just did a crap ton of yard work that needed to be done.  Let's be real, no one was really working today anyway.  ;)

CS/Q: Nope, I always take a BBT break until CD8 or so.

GTKY : Do you believe in ghosts? If so do you have any good stories?  I don't think I do, but I know I've heard a lot of interesting stories.  My dad claims he lived in a haunted apartment back in his younger days.  He had a few roommates at the time and they would come home to all of the plugged in cords in perfectly straight lines from the wall.  The story has gone on long enough that I really feel like he believes it but yet... really?  I don't know.  *Insert shrug emoji*
  • Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: The usual

R/R: Super tired today. Still recovering from the anesthesia from my treatment this past Tuesday, so I haven't had the energy to clean up the house. Trying to find energy today.

CS/Q: Nope.

GTKY : Do you believe in ghosts? If so do you have any good stories?  I believe there's some kind of afterlife. I personally don't have any stories, but my mother has a story, though -- she used to teach at an old Catholic elementary school. Rumor was that the building was haunted. She had stayed late one day to do some work in her classroom. There were zero kids in the building, yet she heard a child laughing in the hallway. When she poked her head out into the hall, there was no one there. All the other teachers had already gone home for the day too. She was pretty creeped out.

• @nitnat007, @meri-mac, Norwegian Elkhound.  Pictures soon!