November 2018 Moms
Options

Pregnant, not dying

I'm sure it'll happen more and more often the further we go, but what everyday/silly things have people around you insisted on doing for you or scolded you for doing? 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
--------------------------------
LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
Me: 33 | DH: 41
Married: March 2016
TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
PCOS dx January 2018
Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
BFP 3/10/2018! 
-------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

Re: Pregnant, not dying

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got scolded at 8 weeks for carrying a case of bottled water. The worst part: It was by another mom. I am not made of glass.
  • Options
    Setting my four year old down on the floor from a chair. I wasn’t even lifting her- just made sure she didn’t fall. 
  • Options
    I had one class that insisted I NOT bend over to pick up anything "because of the baby" 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @josie12367 I was also thinking it would be nice for someone to fuss over me at all and tell me not to do something.... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    kbyahnkbyahn member
    My SO was getting upset with me for vacuuming and for carrying our laundry basket... I'm not complaining, he's more than welcome to take over all the household chores
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @josie12367 My DH is the same, he tells me I can still do it. No doteing(sp?) over this pregnant lady. Its fine, I just tell him when I need him to do it and he does, no complaints. (Except cleaning the cat box, complains every time.  :D)

@middleschoolmommy haha! :D  :p

• Options
    My boss won’t let me carry anything at work. Even the smallest thing that isn’t heavy! Which to be honest is kind of nice because it gets me out of things I didn’t really want to do anyway...
  • Options
    I'm on the nobody cares train. DH pm'd me this afternoon to ask if I've mowed the lawn in the last couple days to make sure I don't get behind on all of my life tasks since I'm the only one to get them done. Thanks babe, enjoy your sightseeing in Japan on your days off that I dont get. 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @wamam027 ooooo ouch! I'd tell him I'll get right on that and then pay a neighborhood kid $20 to do it for you :lol:

To all the ladies with non-doting spouses *hugs* I hope they still are helping out /doing a little extra when asked.  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    +1 for no one cares! I mean I guess it’s nice that no one tries to micromanage my life but I was also passive aggressively moving furniture around Saturday because I asked DH to do it earlier and he didn’t. I think maybe people are more solicitous during your first pregnancy for some reason? DD definitely doesn’t care! 

• Options
    +1 for no one cares! I mean I guess it’s nice that no one tries to micromanage my life but I was also passive aggressively moving furniture around Saturday because I asked DH to do it earlier and he didn’t. I think maybe people are more solicitous during your first pregnancy for some reason? DD definitely doesn’t care! 

This is how I’m feeling (although I don’t remember anyone being particularly helpful my first pregnancy either...). But it’s almost like it’s not acknowledged since it’s the third time now. I’ve been VERY passive aggressive about doing bath time for the girls lately, since that’s “my thing,” but I’ve had terrible SI joint pain and it kills me sitting on the floor in the bathroom/bending over to rinse their hair....

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm pretty sure everyone forgets I'm even pregnant.  DH asked me to help him move this 5 shelf storage shelf thing in the garage the other day.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    eahayeseahayes member
    Just had a friend yell at me to not pick up her child who wanted a hug. The kid is 3. I'm not a weakling... don't STM's lift their toddlers all the time (especially at 14 weeks)?!
  • Options
    eahayes said:
    Just had a friend yell at me to not pick up her child who wanted a hug. The kid is 3. I'm not a weakling... don't STM's lift their toddlers all the time (especially at 14 weeks)?!
    I pick up my 4 and 5 year olds (35 lbs each). It’s no big deal in a normal pregnancy to pick up a child. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My FIL told me not to stand up too quickly because I am "with child."   :#  And my 63-year-old mother keeps trying to carry things for me.  But it all comes from a nice place. 

DH, on the other hand, snapped at me today b/c the cat dropped a deuce in the hallway and I was trying to explain that we need to move the litter box away from the HVAC (new house, the HVAC terrifies the cat).  He says, "YOU aren't the one cleaning it up!"...like I haven't been the sole poop-scooper for the last 6 years.  Like I wouldn't happily scoop it if it meant avoiding his dramatic reactions.  OMG, it's one freaking chore.

OK #rantover.
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Yup. This pregnancy is much much different then my first in terms of being told what to do. I have a high energy almost two year old who I spend most the day running after and trying to wrangle. It’s business as usual at my house. 
  • Options
    eahayeseahayes member
    @cm716 I was in love with lifting weights before also, and have gotten so many "oh you shouldn't do that" from people. Cut my weight to super low for workouts and STILL get comments! blech.
  • Options
    purelexpurelex member
    A random lady on the flight I was on wouldn't let me lift my carry-on bag to the overhead bin.  Instead, she made some random dude behind her do it after she made it clear to him that I was pregnant and he wasn't being very gentlemanly.  I was mortified (for her and me!) but the guy took it in stride and I apologized, haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cm716 @eahayes I work out almost every day still and it bums me out that I'm not lifting my pre-pregnancy weights. When I tell people at work that I'm headed to the gym after work they look at me sideways and say, "Well, you better be careful." I've been lifting/working out regularly for YEARS...I know my body. 

We did a volunteer outing with my management team Wednesday at a local food bank. We were putting bran flakes from a HUGE bulk bag into smaller bags. The only thing my team (all men) would let me do is put the labels on the bag and repeatedly asked me if I wanted a chair. Guys! Thanks for being caring (all of them have kids), but I'm only 14 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Haha, it's wonderful y'all have so many ppl looking out for you. H just looks at me weird if I mention anything negatively effecting me (I.E. RLP, tired, etc). Apparently, I am super woman or something and I'm not even supposed to be affected by pregnancy. I'm not complaining (too much), but I do kinda miss when he did most things for me. #mamajustwantstobepampered
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited May 2018
    @wildrainbow I feel you.  My first pregnancy, everyone treated me like I was made of fine china (which I both loved and hated) and this time everyone's just like "eh, whatever" and act like I've lost my mind if I mention not feeling great.

I'd rather not be treated like I'm an invalid, but it's nice to be pampered.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @MojieJo Amen! I feel you!
  • Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited May 2018
    This whole post is everything! I hate how people just think we can’t do anything anymore. I keep telling everyone to go away and help me when I’m huge and REALLY need the help. Although with this one I have started experiencing sciatic nerve pain and my round ligament pain is in full force. I’m having a hard time lugging around my 35lb toddler.  :'(
    nws
  • Options
    My DH used to work from 2:30-11pm but since I'm pregnant he wants to be home to take care of me. I told him I would be fine but he doesn't want me to have a hard time walking upup a down the stairs when I get bigger. I think it's sweet that he is so worried but am not a big fan of the pay cut since he no longer gets night differential pay. 

At work they are transferring me to an office with more stable hours and less risk. I'm glad everyone cares but I do feel a little likl I let people down.  Oh well, just gotta be grateful. 

• Options
    My job is contstant standing, moving and soemtines lifting. Everyone has decided to treat me like an egg, very fragile lol. I just go with it, with the 3 kiddos at home and hubby being gone 5 days a weeks for work I’ll take the break.