2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone has experience this

I had an ananomy scan Monday (21st).  My baby has a mark in her heart.  The doctor told not to worry about it because it could dissapear that most likely is a calcium mark?? Her measurements are good, still do on my due date, ( Negative for Down syndrome& T 18).   So will the mark dissapear??    

Re: Anyone has experience this

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    I had an ananomy scan Monday (21st).  My baby has a mark in her heart.  The doctor told not to worry about it because it could dissapear that most likely is a calcium mark?? Her measurements are good, still do on my due date, ( Negative for Down syndrome& T 18).   So will the mark dissapear??    

Only time will tell. Unfortunately no one here can give you a definitive answer.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    We saw one with this pregnancy and were told the same thing. All our genetic testing was negative and things have been progressing just fine so doctor is confident it’s nothing to be concerned about. They also explained that the technology of ultrasound machines capture way more these days and see these pretty frequently that often end up being nothing concerning or will go away. We did not get any follow up ultrasound.
    If your still concerned talk to your doctor but honestly no one here can really tell you what it is and how things will turn out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wildtot said:
    We saw one with this pregnancy and were told the same thing. All our genetic testing was negative and things have been progressing just fine so doctor is confident it’s nothing to be concerned about. They also explained that the technology of ultrasound machines capture way more these days and see these pretty frequently that often end up being nothing concerning or will go away. We did not get any follow up ultrasound.
    If your still concerned talk to your doctor but honestly no one here can really tell you what it is and how things will turn out. 
    All this^^

We also have a mark on the heart this pregnancy and were told the u/s technology is so good now it picks up a lot. My OB and nurse both stressed that this mark when it is the only thing identified is generally not something to worry about and usually goes away on their own. I have to have a follow-up u/s to check placenta location so I may ask them to recheck the heart, but I would not have had a follow-up u/s for just the heart.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    Good morning.  Thank you.  This helps a lot!!   My Ob is not concerned because the babies heart is good and the ananomy scan I had at the hospital only show that mark.   So I am going to pray to God that it could just be a calcium mark and nothing severe ,goes away on it’s own. 
  • Options
    The reason why I want to know so bad and want to make sure nothing happens its Because my first pregnancy was a still birth she had Turner Syndrome.   & every day, morning & night I pray to God that this pregnancy goes well .  I haven’t had no ultrasound at my regular clinic with my Ob only blood work and check up on the babies heart so far her heart sounds healthy. I should probably ask next time for an ultrasound at my clinic to verify that the mark has dissapear Huh?? I don’t want to stress out especially After I was diagnosed with anxiety/stress reaction attacks. And also have my gall bladder problem.
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @pixielovee do what you feel is best for you but it sounds like it’s a pretty common thing. I am sorry to hear about your loss and I would think that just by your history your doctor would be a bit more cautious and monitor you more in general. Talk with them and share your concerns. I was never told of a time frame of when it would disappear if it did, so think about the added anxiety you may be giving yourself if you check it often and it’s still there. Do some googling and you’ll see it’s pretty common. 
  • Options
    Yes you are right. Thanks!!
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    My son had this and was born perfectly healthy. It’s really rather common and in the absence of other markers not something you should really stress about! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! ecwk