Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 5/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What’s one thing you hate about your job and one thing you love?

*TW* TTC history
Me:32 DH:31
Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
DX: Unexplained
8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

Re: TWW Thursday 5/24

• LJMoon6LJMoon6 member

Month/Cycle: 14/14

CD/DPO: 
    22/4

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 
    this weekend…

R/R:
    One of my coworkers yesterday told me he’s noticed that I’ve been bored recently… I can’t decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Yes I am very bored. I’m still “new,” coming up on 11 months at this job, and I’m still in “training.” The only direction I get from my supervisor though is to “become an expert” in my field. I understand what he means by that but I honestly don’t learn this way. I can’t just putz around in the lab and learn random things. I need projects and assignments with a real end goal. I’ve tried to take the initiative and start a project that I thought was needed, only to find out that it was a complete waste of time… I think it’s a combination of not knowing this field well enough and lack of direction from my supervisor. My coworkers are over worked and yet I’m sitting here bored out of my mind. My supervisor doesn’t want me cross training yet but I think he maybe just doesn’t know where I’m at in my knowledge level (he’s just so hands off). The coworker that said I looked bored told me he’s going to start training me in his field in a couple weeks. I’m excited for it but at the same time I hope my supervisor is ok with it…

CS/Q:
    nope

GTKY: What’s one thing you hate about your job and one thing you love?
    I hate the lack of direction from my supervisor. Too much space is not a good thing for me. I work better under pressure or a deadline. I’m sure if I did have deadlines and pressure then I would be saying this is what I hate lol. I love that I’m in research. I love that I work for a university. The people I work with have intelligent minds and I don’t have to worry about harassment or people cutting my shoelaces.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Month/Cycle: 10/7

CD/DPO: 20/2

Timing: -3, -1, 0 (first cycle ever with a "high" rating in FF)

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: Not till AF is late (maybe the 8th or around there)

R/R: Rant is my chart, it's a mess due to this cold.

CS/Q: This chart is basically a lost cause. I switched to OPK detector because my temps are not making any sense. This morning my temp (at usual time) was 97.2. Went back to sleep and when I got up, I did it again just for the hell of it and it was 97.73. I used the first but sure it wasn't right (woke cold and with my mouth open). I think I'll temp tomorrow to see and then probably not again until AF is due.

GTKY: What’s one thing you hate about your job and one thing you love? The only thing I don't like here is lack of communication between sales and the office. And between sales in general. I really love what I do and the people are awesome.

@ljmoon6 I would just cross train. Boredom is a way companies lose good people. Tell your boss straight up that you can't become an expert if there is nothing to work on. Maybe he could give you some fake projects to build your skills. 

• Loading the player...
  • @LJMoon6 Fx things get better at work! Being bored really sucks. Have you talked to your supervisor to ask for more specific projects and deadlines?
    @prpl11butterfly I think you're right to just go off of your opks. Are your temps rocky because of variability in wake up time?
    ------------------------------

Month/Cycle: 15/17 (2 benched)

CD/DPO: 15/1dpiui

Timing: IUI, so it had better be good!

Typical LP length: 13, but N/A this cycle as I will be on progesterone supplementation

Testing: Probably not. Beta 6/4

R/R: I'm trying to venture back into the dailies! It's easier to be here on cycles where we're trying new treatment options. For those not following the IF thread, I was on clomid for this cycle, had five mature follies (we were aiming for three), and decided to move forward with the cycle anyway. In other news, I'm so glad to have warm weather, even if it is a bit too warm right now. The sunshine makes me happy. I'm getting a haircut later today from a new person, so hopefully it works out!

CS/Q: Chart in spoiler for stalking, but I have no real questions right now.

GTKY: What’s one thing you hate about your job and one thing you love? I love my colleagues and students. They make going to work enjoyable. I hate that my employer is currently having budget issues and just let a bunch of people go. Morale is pretty low right now.

• @darkstar42 I had a few days that I temped late because I slept though my fitbit alarm. But mostly they are rocky because I've had a cold and super congestion. I have a super high one that I discarded and that was that morning the cold struck hard. Then some lower ones discarded because I've been breathing through my mouth. Although now I'm wondering what it would do if I included those temps.... Totally loving the sun here too! Currently on lunch sitting on my deck reading.  It's been really helping my mood to have this time outside and relaxing.
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 20/8

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: unsure, maybe 11

Testing: Maybe Saturday morning, though that's still early. But if my LP is really typically 11, then that's probably right.

R/R: I have tomorrow off, so a huge rave for having a four day weekend ahead! Husband does too, so it should be really fun. His mother is coming over tomorrow and they're going to make home-made sausage (they're both excellent cooks, I will likely be sitting in the other room giving moral support or something). And then we have a soccer game on Saturday and are having a bunch of people over for a BBQ on Sunday. So a fun weekend ahead! I will, of course, use many of these things as excuses to test early for "just in case" drinking excuses.

CS/Q: This temp rise doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean anything. STOP IT and calm down.

GTKY: What’s one thing you hate about your job and one thing you love? I love libraries and I love the kind of people that usually work in them. We're a distinctive crew usually, and I've rarely met a librarian I don't like. I went to school to be a public librarian, but somehow ended up on an academic librarian career track. This comes with better pay/benefits, but it also comes with having to teach classes. I remember when I told people I was an English major, they'd all ask me if I was going to be a teacher and I'd swear up and down that that wasn't going to happen. Whelp, it did. Just not in the way I'd have expected. It's not as bad as I thought, but still my least favorite part of my library job.

@LJMoon6 -- A follow up from yesterday's post, I'm not originally from MN either. I grew up in northern Idaho and moved here for library school, met my husband who is a native of the Twin Cities area, and here I'll likely remain! Hope you're able to keep cool this weekend, it looks like a scorcher!

@darkstar42 -- I'm glad you're enjoying the sunshine! It's amazing the wonders it does for the mood, I've found. And good luck with the new hairdresser!!

• edited May 2018
    So I added back all the temps (except the super high one the first day I was sick) and what do ya know. FF says I'm 3dpo on "advanced prediction". I still think only 2 because I've never Od on the day of my first OPK. Guess I'm just going to leave it as is and see where this goes...

@auburnvelvet86 your temp rise doesn't mean anything......trying to quell your BSC but I know it's not working. Because it wouldn't be helping my in your shoes.....
  • @prpl11butterfly -- Haha thanks! They need to design a specialty computer screen where it can look at your crazy TWW google search terms and spray you with water when you start going down a bad path. You know, like how you train pets, but instead for ridiculous women! :smile: Also, it's great that FF was able to identify cross-hairs once you added back in your temps! It's crazy how it can look at all of this data and still make sense out of it.
  • :D:D:D@auburnvelvet86

@ljmoon6 Who cares if your supervisor doesn't like it. Get your learn on girl. If he has a problem with it, you can say, "That sounds like a YP rather than an MP" ;) 

@darkstar42 Will you post the back of it so we can see it? I like seeing new dos, but only if you're comfortable. 

Month/Cycle: pretty much

CD/DPO: 23/9

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: 5/31

R/R: Nope

CS/Q: @prpl11butterfly I have the same loopy j shape as she does! 

GTKY: What’s one thing you hate about your job and one thing you love? I honestly don't hate anything about my job. One thing I love is the people that I work with and that my skills are always acknowledged. I'm always valued. Okay that was more than one. 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Ooohhh @suzycupcake I'm liking that loopy J! And you have a ton of tabs open :joy:
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    :D@prpl11butterfly Always, I usually have more! I do get my money's worth out of these machines.

Plus also, loopy j is making me BSC. I should change my scn to LoopyJbSc! I keep staying up until 2:30am and double temping (after bbt warms up) in the morning to make things uber accurate because that's how my cycle started.  
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• edited May 2018
    The things we do sometimes :joy: