October 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change (5/23)

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 20 weeks to 21 weeks on Wednesday 5/23, so my “ticker” changes on Wednesdays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What piece of advice would you give to your future mother self?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (5/23)

• Options
    rc-colarc-cola member

21 weeks! Endive!

2. How are you feeling?

Bigger and slower. More easily out of breath.

I had my AS yesterday. I’ll have a call with the midwives today to review everything but otherwise nothing until June.

I made the mistake of watching ‘Call the Midwife’ and really freaked myself out.

5. GTKY: What piece of advice would you give to your future mother self

Embrace this new part of life and identity but also try to hold onto the other activities and interests that make you you. There may be less time for them but still try to make space when you can.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jynjer4jynjer4 member

19/ medium order of fries from McDonalds. Guess who wants fries and a double cheeseburger with extra pickles now?

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good over all! Threw up this morning again but I feel fine now.

One weird thing though, last night my feet were so incredibly hot! Red too but my skin flushed easy since I’m a ginger. I ended up taking an ice pack to bed and DH thought I’d lost my mind because the house was actually cold according to him.

Chiro and AS Tues, midwife Wed  I can’t wait!!

I’m getting a bit nervous about being responsible for keeping a tiny human alive, happy, and healthy. Sounds dumb and I know it’ll be fine but I have nobody besides DH here to help and he’s never actually done it either. 

No baby talk!!! Really though, probably to relax a little. I really don’t want to be an uptight mom!

• Options
    18w and size of a sweet potato 

2. How are you feeling?

Really good for the most part.  I seem to be feeling tired again during the day, but I've been able to stay up past 8:00 haha.

Nope. Have AS in about two weeks

I feel like I'm either farther along than the dr thinks or this baby is strong.  I feel it moving around all the time and my husband was even able to feel the baby kick this morning. I started feeling my son kick around 17 weeks with my first pregnancy, but it was very light and sporadic.  This time around it's earlier and stronger. 

Try to be as laid back with baby #2 as you are with baby #1.  Try not to get overwhelmed by the little things. 

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 21 weeks and the size of an endive or carrot. Apparently the internet is telling me to eat more vegetables. 

2. How are you feeling?

Feeling good! My super vivid work dreams have switched over to super vivid random dreams. I’ll take it! 

Midwife appointment yesterday. Nothing new to report. 

I get a 4 day weekend this weekend. Looking forward to some travel and relaxing time! 

Remember to make (and take!) some you time. 

• Options
    @knottieamusements I hope the bathroom remodel goes smoothly! Those house projects can be so stressful...

@rc-cola hope the AS results come back soon! 

@jynjer91 how are your feet today? A couple weeks ago I had one foot swell, but only part of it. Looked and kinda felt like I’d rolled my ankle, but I couldn’t figure out how I would’ve done that without noticing. Was fine by the next morning. 
  • Options
    jynjer4jynjer4 member
    @halfanewt They’re back to normal! I didn’t really notice much swelling. It just felt like they were burning up from the inside out.
  • Options
    @halfanewt - thanks!  I’ve been putting this off for four years because I just didn’t want to deal with the hassle.  I’m so glad I started looking for contractors before I found out I was pregnant, because otherwise, I’d be coming home from the hospital to a house with no toilet!
  • Options
    @mamabearcj - my doc has had me on 81mg asprin since the end of the first trimester for the same reason.  Ironically, I’m much better about remembering to take my pre-natal vitamin since I take them at the same time and I’m a bit paranoid about developing pre-e. 
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I'm gonna admit I'm HORRIBLE about taking my prenatal... I'm going to pick up aspirin today and try like hell to take them together and stick to it.
  • Options
    drb2424drb2424 member

19 weeks, size of a hot dog!!

2. How are you feeling?

Ok besides the constant heartburn. A little tired and grouchy.

Nope but AS is next Friday!! 9 more days :)

I am so looking forward to a 4 day weekend and going out of town. We are going cabin camping near the beach and DD is sooo excited.  The break from home/work routine will be nice.

Try not to sweat the small stuff and remember things don't always go as planned.

• Options
    jynjer4jynjer4 member
    @mamabearcj Glad I’m not the only one who has a hard time remembering my prenatals! I’ve never taken meds every day and it’s a sick joke that I have to try to remember now.
  • Options

17 weeks pomegranite.

2. How are you feeling?

Great!!

Nope, not until anatomy scan in 3 weeks.

We leave for our babymoon/10 year anniversary trip/1st trip without kids TONIGHT!!!  I was a little bummed the Bahamas will be soggy this weekend but it's time away from work and a lot of R&R regardless!!

Enjoy all the little moments.  My 5 year old has grown up so fast I'm trying to soak up as much of my boys as possible.  It is unbelieveable how fast time flies but they are the most important people in my life and it hurts so much that they grow up soo fast.  I love seeing them turn into these beautiful people but my mommy heart can't keep up.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

19 weeks, a game boy.

2. How are you feeling?

Normal. No movement yet but I have an anterior placenta in the way.  I get lightheaded from time to time but my OB says it’s expected. I have got to do better drinking water though.

Had my AS yesterday and found out baby is a girl!  She is measuring right on her due date and looks healthy! Now I enter the “boring phase” of pregnancy as my doctor described it, no testing for a while, just growing the baby.

I’m awkwardly in a mix of maternity clothes and not.  Normal things are looking too small and maternity things are most of the time too big. It’s an adventure trying to get dressed up for work every day. 

Stay calm and take time for the things you enjoy.  Don’t be afraid to ask for help.

• Options
    @jynjer91 how do you think I got pregnant! I was so bad at taking my birth control, I would miss days, get two periods, I was miserable.. Once DH and I got married in October I just stopped talking it at all.. few months later and We made a Couple of babies lol
  • Options
    @tropical1982 enjoy your trip!!