January 2019 Moms
Options

Fit Mom Friday

My first time posting this and looking at the other birth month clubs for reference it looks like this thread can turn into anything from fitness to healthy habits/goals. So this will probably change a little week to week. And suggestions for what to include are very welcome!

What are you goals for your pregnancy?:

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)?:

What changes will you be making to your routine?:

STMs, any advice for pregnancy fitness?:

Re: Fit Mom Friday

• Options
    What are you goals for your pregnancy?: Keep up regular exercise (and tone up for a wedding I’m a bridesmaid for in Aug)

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)?: Running, Outdoor Cycling, and Strength Training

What changes will you be making to your routine?: lighter weights but more reps, easier/shorter rides, and setting running aside for now (it was also a struggle non-preggo for me anyways)
  • Options
    catlady2015catlady2015 member
    edited May 2018
    What are you goals for your pregnancy? To keep exercising throughout, work on my core/back strength big time, and keep my conditioning up as much as possible - that's always been a weaker point for me. 

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)? Strength training, especially deadlifts and squats. 

What changes will you be making to your routine? I'll need to be cutting back the weight I lift probably, modify positions, and cut down actual running attempts (think higher incline walks at my faster walk pace in lieu of running). And of course the safety issues like no lying flat on your back after 1st tri, less jumpy/bouncy exercises, exercising on unstable ground (Bosu, etc.) and not exercising outside when it's really humid. 

I'm sure I'll get the lowdown from my OB when I see her about anything else I have to cut down/stop doing. I am fortunate enough to work with a trainer so we're already looking at how to modify my routine and keep it safe. I do plan to this weekend do a BIG workout of all the things I know I won't be able to do after first tri and do them all one last time for sure. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    What are you goals for your pregnancy?: I want to stay active and keep walking/running/ellipticaling (lol) as much as possible

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)?: Walking

What changes will you be making to your routine?: I just recently started exercising again so I want to take it slow and not over do it.

STMs, any advice for pregnancy fitness?: Just keep moving! I love walking (power walking) and walked so much during my first pregnancy. It really did help with fatigue to just try to not sit down. You know, by the end of the day, I was wiped  but if I just didn't sit down yet, I could power through. Once I would sit down to watch TV, I was done for the night. I think being active during pregnancy helped me not be as miserable towards the end too
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Stay as active as I can to help myself feel better. I try to run 3 days a week, lift 2 days, and do yoga 3 times a week.

Running is definitely my preferred form of exercise, but I’m trying to be more balanced.

I will switch my runs from distance to time goals to allow for walk breaks and interval running. 

Lower your expectations, but don’t give up on yourself! If my goal is to run 3 days a week but MS and tiredness are kicking my butt, 20 min walks are great too! Something is always better than nothing. With my first I didn’t do anything, with my second I ran until 35 weeks and it was night and day difference in my comfort and recovery after the fact! I’m crossing my fingers that I can stay active this one around as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    What are you goals for your pregnancy?: Continue regular exercise and daily activity.

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)?: Boot camp and running outside.

What changes will you be making to your routine?: Still doing both of those things for now - OB told me during last pregnancy to just stay away from things that increase internal body temp (hot yoga, which I used to love before TTC), and things that require a lot of balance (in part cause I'm already a klutz to begin with). So, will try taking it easy as we get into this already hot and humid summer with outdoor exercise, and will try not to overheat at bootcamp whether that means going slower, lower weights, less reps, whatever.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    What are you goals for your pregnancy?: Not to gain nearly as much as last time. I gained 40lbs last pregnancy. I was way too indulgent. 

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)?: Kettle Bell routines

What changes will you be making to your routine?: Probably wont use my heavier bells. I've already decided to cut way back on processed carbs and had started a whole30 2 days before my BFP. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    what are your goals for your pregnancy? to stay active throughout and to keep splurging on sweets and carbs to a minimum 

favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)? Cardio (HIIT, elliptical, short runs) and moderate strength training 

what changes will you be making to your routine? Lesser weights with strength training, overall shorter workouts probably, and the necessary modifications as the pregnancy goes on 

STMs, any advice for pregnancy fitness? Stay active as long as possible, eating in moderation (small frequent meals). I was active throughout both previous pregnancies which did help with labor, delivery, and recovery quite a bit. I was a little more lax in my last pregnancy however so I would like to just be more consistent with this one!

Are guys still doing Ab work? I feel like I stopped right away in the previous pregnancies but wondering if I should continue until second trimester this time? 
  • Options
    What are you goals for your pregnancy?: Continue to exercise at least 5 days a week.. even through any future morning sickness.

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)?: HIIT and anything booty/legs! I follow Tone It Up and one of the creators is pregnant so I’m doing the their 8 week community “bikini series” but modified. I love the TIU community, I joined in January and lost 40 lbs since then.. if you’re new to fitness I’d definitely recommend checking them out, the entire community is amazing. (No, I don’t get paid or gain ANYTHING from telling you about it, I just really love it)

What changes will you be making to your routine?: Just modifying moves that aren’t safe anymore as we progress

STMs, any advice for pregnancy fitness?: nope. I didn’t exercise at all with my first aside from walking a little. 
  • Options
    To keep building strength, to be kind to my back whenever possible (history of buldged discs in lower lumbar area that I'm sure will rear its ugly head at some point), and to eat healthily.  I am trying to moderate my food for general wellness so when the whacky cravings come, I don't feel so gluttonous. 

I'm obsessed with Pilates (machine/tower, not mat).  I have been going 2-3 times per week since September and I feel so much stronger because of it.  Wife and I haven't even told our folks we're KO yet but I told my pilates instructor because it's important she knows! She says pilates is a wonderful form of exercise to continue throughout pregnancy, and postpartum. I look forward to it!

I hope to add some regular and pregnancy yoga to my routine, as well as some walking now that the weather is so delicious!

I am not a STM but as an overweight and big-busted lady with a history of back issues, I strongly advise everyone in here to (as silly as it sounds) learn the proper way to bend down, get up, and lift things.  It does wonders for me in general and I plan to be diligent throughout pregnancy. Protect your backs, ladies. They'll be carrying giant babies pretty soon!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    What are you goals for your pregnancy?: Stay as fit as possible and try not to gain too much. I have a sweet tooth generally so I imagine things will not go well if I’m not at least somewhat active. 

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP):
    Rock climbing, specifically bouldering

What changes will you be making to your routine?: Oh boy. Obviously I need to make changes. For those unfamiliar, bouldering is rock climbing up to about 15-18 feet off the ground with just padding for protection. I’ve read some articles online and some women continue bouldering for some period of time and then switch to toproping until they feel like they physically can’t. I went bouldering on Thursday and today and felt ok but tried to take it easy/not have any falls. I’m only 4+4 right now so it all feels ok but I imagine it’ll get difficult quickly. If there happen to be any climbing ladies out there...I’d love some second opinions!
  • Options
    hlb8179hlb8179 member
    What are you goals for your pregnancy?:  Stay healthy in order to make it to full term with a healthy baby

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)?:  Orange Theory Fitness

What changes will you be making to your routine?: none (other than eventually being more careful with exercises on my back)

STMs, any advice for pregnancy fitness?:  I did crossfit through my first pregnancy without any complications.  Do more of what makes you feel good!
    Married 6.21.2014
    DD #1: 8.16.2015
    #2 EDD: 1.13.2019
  • Options
    Pregnancy goals: stay active throughout my pregnancy - my goal is at least 4 days/week at about 45 minutes-1hour each go.

Favorite forms of exercise: cardio, I’m a big elliptical fan. We also hike a lot as a family but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to carry my two year old this summer. My DH takes our 4 year old so unless she is willing to do her own hiking that may be out. 

changes: last pregnancy I just altered my speed and resistance levels as my pregnancy progressed but tried to keep the amount of time in the gym consistent from week 4 through 40

stm advice: stick with it even on the weeks you feel like crap. And experiment to find the routine you can stick with!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    t are you goals for your pregnancy?: stay active and at least 3-4 times a week work out. Also.... in a weddig in august and the dress is already orderedso trying not to turn into a giant blobtoo quick.... gotta get my butt in that dress ahhh!

Running and spin clss

What changes will you be making to your routine?: slowing down my runs

STMs, any advice for pregnancy fitness?: keep doing what you are doing. I ran through 34 weeks pregnant with my son and it was awesome. Lots of funny looks from other though when I passed them with my big belly lol
  • Options
    What are you goals for your pregnancy?: Keep up regular exercise (and tone up for a wedding I’m a bridesmaid for in Aug)

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)?: Running, Outdoor Cycling, and Strength Training

What changes will you be making to your routine?: lighter weights but more reps, easier/shorter rides, and setting running aside for now (it was also a struggle non-preggo for me anyways)
    Omg Inhave an august wedding too! The dress has been ordered and I am nervous!! Thankfully flowy down low but.... eek!
  • Options
    What are you goals for your pregnancy?: Keep running as long as possible. I'd like to run a half-marathon in August, I will see what my doctor says. 

Favorite form of exercise (prior to BFP)?: Running, Hiking, and Yoga

What changes will you be making to your routine?: I was running an hour 3 days a week, and hiking on the weekends. I probably won't be hiking as much, and I'm currently planning to reduce the length of time I run, but increase how often I run so I can maintain my endurance.