October 2018 Moms
Options

Multiples check in end of May into June!

mamabearcjmamabearcj member
edited May 2018 in October 2018 Moms
Hi ladies! I see this board died down so I'm hoping to revamp it! Since this is incredibly new news to me when the shock dies down I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions!! 

How far along?

Any appointments or other updates?

Any concerns?

What twin issues/questions are you thinking about right now? 

GTKY:  how did the rest of your family and friends react to finding out your having twis? How did you tell them?

Edit: Deleted stuff, and wondering if you ladies would want this weekly or monthly??

Re: Multiples check in end of May into June!

• Options
    How far along? 
    20w6d

A/S today where as most of you know I just found out I had twins! Next is four weeks

Any concerns?
    None that I can think of. Babies looked good measuring in the 60th and 66th percentile which is good! 

How I'm going to afford double of everything. If I'll go full term, if there will be any complications, if both babies will be okay and healthy!

GTKY:  how did the rest of your family and friends react to finding out your having twis? How did you tell them?
    Haven't told anyone yet, were doing a small gender reveal this weekend and surprise everyone with a second balloon!!
  • Options
    How far along?
    19+2 weeks

A/S coming up on Tuesday

Any concerns?
    These are mono-di twins, so there are extra concerns about growth, twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (so far no signs of it). Also my other kids were are preemies, including our fraternal twins, so aim hoping to get closer to full term this time. 

Since these are going to be identical, keeping them straight and not feeding one twice while missing the other, that kind of thing. 

Since these are our second twins, so far most people’s response has been to laugh at us! Or they think we’re joking. We told close family either in person or on the phone/FaceTime, and sent an email to the extended family. Then around 16 weeks we put a post on FB. 

I think Monthly check ins is probably good, but if things start getting busier we can always revisit if people want them more frequently. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @jennybean80 I'm completely unsure what are mono-di twins?? Congrats with them being your second set though I think that's great! One big family <3
    Edit-spelling 
  • Options
    @mamabearcj Twins are either dichorionic-diamniotic (each having their own placenta and amniotic sac - all fraterals and a few identicals), monochorionic-diamniotic (shared placenta, separate amniotic sacs - most identical twins) or monochorionic-mono amniotic (shared placenta and amniotic sac - some identicals, highest
    risk). They get shortened to di-di, mono-di, and mono-mono or mo-mo. 
  • Options
    That pic is adorable @ninji15

From a stats point of view, about half of women who attempt a vaginal twins delivery will end up with a c-section for one or both twins. My first set were vaginal, but there was over an hour between them (Twin B was bigger and had a 95%-ile head). I’m hoping for another vaginal delivery with these ones. 
  • Options
    ninji15ninji15 member
    @jennybean80 Thats amazing you did have a vaginal delivery with your first set! I really want to try it if babies are head down but at the same time the stats do freak me out. I will probably be debating it until the day of.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @jennybean80 thank you for the info!!  My babies are di-di according to the u/s tech! And fraternal which was a sigh if relief for DH at least we'll tell them apart! 
    @ninji15 That picture is adorable!!!
    Edit to add my dr told us that if there weren't any complications and baby A is head down we can go for vaginal delivery and if baby B is feet first they'll try to turn them around once A is out or just go in and pull them out feet first... but it'll all be done in the OR in case we go to emergency c secetion
  • Options
    Hi mommas! I'm currently still working on my Registry and had a few questions. When getting things did you doube up on stuff like swings and bouncers or get one of each? Also did you get a twin carrier or do 2 singles? 
    I guess any advice on what worked better for you or people you know would be tremendous help!!
  • Options
    @mamabearcj we had one swing and one bouncy chair, we avoided getting two of most things because we would usually have them doing slightly different things. 
    I had single carriers with my last set, but want a tandem carrier with these ones. I’m looking at the TwinGo or Naked Panda Duo. 
  • Options
    ninji15ninji15 member
    @mamabearcj I am glad you asked this because I have been struggling with what I truly need to buy. I would love twin carriers I think but buying 2 singles couldn’t hurt since I personally am going to try to not leave the house unless I have to alone with 3 kids haha. So DH or whoever could always wear a baby with me. 
  • Options
    How far along? 20 weeks, 4 days (measuring 25 weeks)

Any appointments or other updates? Checkup yesterday- all good! I have a hematoma that has bled on and off throughout this pregnancy but nothing for the past 2.5 weeks so I'm allowed to ease back in to exercise which makes me super happy!

Any concerns? Anyone else care to share what their weight gain has been like? I'm only up 10 pounds which my doctor says is a little low, but my fundal height is right and the twins were measuring a little ahead and my last appointment. Just nervous I'm not putting on enough to keep up!

What twin issues/questions are you thinking about right now? Always super worried about preterm labor, particularly with my hematoma. But right now everything is going smoothly!

GTKY:  how did the rest of your family and friends react to finding out your having twins? How did you tell them? We transferred two embroys during an FET, so we were prepared. And we found out for sure VERY early (in fact I knew the day I took a home test and it was bright positive at 4 days past the transfer!). We told all of our families in individual ways with gifts, but it wasn't a huge shock that it was two since we had transferred two but everyone was so excited!

Edit: Deleted stuff, and wondering if you ladies would want this weekly or monthly?? I like monthly!

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

• Options
    @Dragonfly6191 i havent gained much more than you, and I'm 22 weeks. I'll have to weigh myself but I think I've gained maybe 15lbs. My Dr didn't seem concerned about it so I'm assuming I'm doing okay. 
  • Options
    @Dragonfly6191 I’m 20 weeks and up 15lbs. With my last twins I gained basically a pound/week until I got admitted to hospital at 30 weeks. Then I didn’t get weighed again before I delivered (33+2) so I don’t know what I gained overall. 
  • Options
    ninji15ninji15 member
    @Dragonfly6191 I am 18 weeks and I have actually lost 20 pounds and been staying around the same number since. I was also a bit bigger before and because of my PCOS didn't ever loose weight easy. It seems when I am pregnant is when I start to loose weight but I know I will gain it back 10 fold. 
  • Options
    Im 18 weeks with boy/girl twins! I havent gained anything yet bc i have PCOS. Is anyone else having vaginal pains?! Ive been having them when im standing and walking or rolling over in bed! My next appointment is June 15! Ready to see them again!
  • Options

wow congrats @mamabearcj!! Everyone is going to flip at your reveal :)

How far along? 18 weeks

Any concerns? Just really easily winded, which is not necessarily a concern but last apt they said I'm borderline anemic (very normal) so I think I need to really work on my diet. More on that below..

What twin issues/questions are you thinking about right now? Ditto what everyone else has said. Plus, been thinking a lot about the logistics of trying to breastfeed 2 babes.

GTKY:  how did the rest of your family and friends react to finding out your having twis? How did you tell them? Didn't do anything special.. just told them over facetime. Everyone else is very excited!

Regarding weight gain, I'm also up only about 5 pounds so far. Know I need to make an effort to eat better and more consistently. Has anyone heard of the Brewers diet? I just started reading about it and about people who love it or hate it. No way I can eat this much, but I like the basic concept and "food groups" it describes. I want to start making more of an effort, tracking my eating, and then try to meet with a nutritionist to see what they say. 

drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id9.html

• Options
    @sgtpeppers I hadn't heard of that diet but looking into it now! My eating has always been a struggle. I just want carbs ugh.
  • Options
    Lol we get asked if it runs in either side of our families and I have to explain that yes even though both my parents have twins aunt's and uncles that it didn't cause me to, I dropped two eggs, as far as I know a couple of great aunt's and uncles have nothing to do with that. DH doesn't have any on his side so it eliminates that half of the questions 
  • Options
    How far along? 19+6

Any appointments or other updates? Well I belong here now so that was a shock. They didn’t have enough time to do the whole scan so we have to go back in a couple weeks to complete it. I’m also no longer a midwife patient :( I adore my midwives and hope that whoever I end up with, is just as awesome.

Any concerns? Two of all the things!!! I don’t think my current vehicle, which I love, is big enough for 3 car seats. But I haven’t tried yet either. It’s a 2014 Chevy Equinox if anyone has any insight.

What twin issues/questions are you thinking about right now? I’m still in shock that I’m pregnant with twins. I called off today to process everything, it’s just so unexpected.

GTKY:  how did the rest of your family and friends react to finding out your having twis? How did you tell them? We invited them over tonight to tell them and bought a “little brother” and “little sister” onesie. We asked them what they thought we were having, then counted to 3, and said “BOTH!!’” All of their jaws dropped, it was hilarious.

Edit: Deleted stuff, and wondering if you ladies would want this weekly or monthly?? I’m fine with either way.
  • Options
    @missmaehurt welcome!! As you know, I completely understand your shock. I'm glad you took the day and have the weekend to process. Congratulations by the way!! 
    I'm sorry you'll be losing your midwife as well, did they recommend anyone for you to start seeing and get to know for the remaining months? 
    Unfortunately I have no info on your car situation but maybe you can get to a store this weekend and see if they'll let you try two seats and see how the three fit?? 
  • Options
    @mamabearcj The midwives did recommend three different practices, so I’ll be looking into those. I’ll probably end up going with who delivered DD because at the last minute I ended up as high risk (pre-e and GD) so I lost them then too.

We have DD’s infant seat and it’s still good, so I’m going to try that and then see if I can squeeze a second infant seat in there too. At least that would buy us some time before we go with the convertible.