December 2018 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change! EDDs 12/4, 12/11, 12/18, 12/25

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

Any appointments coming up?

3. How are you feeling?

4. R/R/Q?

5. What's your favorite/least favorite part of what you do for a living? (Stolen from like every other ticker change from the past week)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change! EDDs 12/4, 12/11, 12/18, 12/25

• hkomhkom member

12 weeks!!  Size of a plum!

We have our 12 week appointment on Friday afternoon, which will include finally meeting with the doctor for more than 2 minutes, PAP smear (blah), bloodwork results, and maybe an NT scan (I have no idea).  

3. How are you feeling?

I've been feeling pretty good the last week or two.  Still sleepy but I can actually function normally for most of the day.  Boobs are still outrageous.  Starting to feel really clumsy and uncoordinated.  I'm dropping things constantly.  Little things I used to be able to do with ease and without thinking, like climbing over a log or something (we went on a hike this past weekend) require legitimate thought and preparation. 

4. R/R/Q?

I'm so excited to almost be out of the first trimester and feel comfortable talking about the pregnancy openly, and not having to worry about how to either tell people or try to hide it.

I'm a little nervous about how this progressing pregnancy will affect my job.  Probably 20-25% of my job is fieldwork, which involves basically hiking on properties with no trails or roads, climbing in and out of creeks, etc.  Every time we go out on a site visit I wonder if I will be able to hack it later in the year.  I'm not going to get fired or anything, it's just going to make everything that much more difficult.

5. What's your favorite/least favorite part of what you do for a living?

I could write a book on this but I will try to mostly spare everyone.  I am environmental consultant, and most of my job revolves around getting government permits and helping with environmental compliance for land developers.  Being the mediator between government and private developers is just so frustrating.  A lot of the developers are don't-tread-on-me, how-dare-the-government-persecute-me-by-asking-me-to-comply-with-simple-laws types (I hate that attitude - most laws/regulations exist for very good reasons).  The agency people can be equally challenging.  Many of them have only a very basic knowledge of what they are in charge of enforcing (either grasp of the regulations or, more often and more annoying, the science behind the regulations).  A lot of them also will get pissed at you if you try to challenge them as to why their interpretation of things may be incorrect, so it can be a lose-lose situation for us.  It can be really hard to maintain a professional demeanor with these people. 

However, some developers are a dream to work with and really want to understand the science and regulations and do things the right way.  I also get paid to basically walk around in the woods, which can suck sometimes but most of the time is really nice.  My job requires a good amount of plant ecology and plant identification, which I consider to be more of a hobby, and I get paid to do it, which is super awesome.

BabyFruit Ticker

• hkom said:
    9 weeks, baby is the size of the cherry.

i have my first appt this Friday.

3. How are you feeling?

I feel a little bit better this week but still lots of nausea. Super bloated still.

4. R/R/Q?

Nothing yet, just excited for my doctors appt on Friday.

5. What's your favorite/least favorite part of what you do for a living?

Currently? Peoples stinky smells. I’m a hairdresser and it’s getting hot around here and it’s either tons of fragrances from hair products or perfumes or sweaty, stinky unwashed hair smells. Both are overwhelming. Also feeling extra agitated with picky and indecisive people. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    10 weeks today! My app says baby is the size of a tart kumquat haha

I am having bloodwork tomorrow for the genetic testing but no other appointments until June 11th. 

3. How are you feeling?

Some days are better than others. I am still exhausted but the nausea has eased up more. 

4. R/R/Q?

I need to rave about my two cousins who are more like younger sisters to me and have been stopping by my office every couple days to check in and bring me treats. Currently sipping on a milkshake cause they are the best! 

5. What's your favorite/least favorite part of what you do for a living? (Stolen from like every other ticker change from the past week)

I love my job and what I actually do. What I do not like is the politic-ing and drama that goes on in my office. I love the majority of my co-workers but some gossip like high schoolers and throw temper tantrums over silly things. I'm already dreading the mess that will inevitably happen while I'm on maternity leave. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    12 weeks today! Size of a plum!

Just had my 12 week NT scan and all went well, thankfully! I don't have another OB appointment for 4 weeks now, which seems crazy!

3. How are you feeling?

BLEH. For some reason, even though I've only had nausea at night lately, I've had it all day today. It's kind of letting up now after I ate like, EVERY FOOD ITEM in the world. Seriously, I feel so bloated and gross, but at least I don't feel like I want to throw up anymore? Ugh. Cannot wait until the second trimester. I'm so close. Just need to tough it out.

4. R/R/Q?

Kind of ranted above in the how are you feeling section, haha. Rave wise, I'm just thrilled the 12 week scan went well and now I need to figure out when/how we're going to announce. I know my husband is eager to do so!

Well, working in reality tv is definitely interesting (though not as much drama as people think, haha) but it's cool because I work on SUCH different shows. I'll go from a comedy/travel show to a dance show to a show about car makeovers - the variety is nice. And it's great to know that even if I don't like a particular show, my job will be over in a few months (most shows last between 3 and 6 months.) Also, I LOVE when I get to work on comedy shows. It's so fun pulling the funniest material and building running jokes and the comedic timing of a scene. That's my absolute favorite part.

Least favorite would probably be that some of the shows are very stupid and I don't enjoy watching reality tv (except for some HGTV) in my free time, so I do wish I had been lucky enough to work my way into scripted comedy instead, but it's an *incredibly* competitive field, and by the time I realized I would have liked that as a career it was WAY too late to work my way up that particular ladder. But reality tv is getting more interesting by the day in terms of content, and I'm hoping that trend continues as more new companies like Netflix and Amazon get more into the unscripted world.