Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 5/22

suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
edited May 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: WTO Tuesday 5/22

• Good morning @suzycupcake !

Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: HIO

R/R: Rant: I don't want to work today! Boo! Rave: Had 1 positive OPK yesterday morning and then a negative in the evening. I think it's a good sign that the Clomid did it's job. Interestingly enough, I typically get 3 positive OPKs, so I wonder if that was a sign that I was having trouble releasing an egg or something? 

CS/Q: Chart in spoiler. It looks pretty good so far. High temp today which is always good. HIO again tonight and then back to every other for another few days.

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why? Probably back to when my grandparents were alive to spend time with them.
  • Hey everyone!  It's been a while since I've done a check in like this but here goes!
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: I really have no clue.  I just ordered opks yesterday so I'm going to try to sort it out.

WAYDTGKU: I had my mirena removed last Friday and I haven't had a period in 4 years.  I'm pretty anxious for it to return so we can start trying.  Right now I'm charting with FF and will start testing with opks when they arrive.

R/R: Nothing really..it's a pretty blah day in upstate NY!

CS/Q: Nothing to report

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why? After watching the royal wedding I want to go back in time and change a few things about my own haha

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome @Erinm278 ! I hope your cycle returns and your stay here is short :) I definitely can relate to wanting to go back to your wedding day! I would've done my hair differently, had a better photographer, and not been so stressed! What would you have done differently?
  • Thank you @meladams10 It's frustrating for me because I hate not knowing where I'm at in my cycle.  I'm just hoping I get my period soon so we know what's going on with my body.  As for the wedding..I would change a lot!  Different dress, different people in my wedding party, smaller overall..I felt like I was so young when I got married and I wish I would've chose things differently.  But it's all done now and at least I chose the right man haha that's most important!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: the sex. And OPKs (the clearblue kind with either the flashing or steady smiley face).

R/R: We got the pool opened over the weekend, so I am hoping to get in there in the coming days. 

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why? I would want to see Shakespeare in the Globe. OG style. 
  • @meladams10 I am so with you on not wanting to work today! Glad that the clomid is doing its thing! GL

@Erinm278 Welcome! I saw your question about the IUD so thought I would answer here. I had mine out and my period started within a couple weeks and stayed regular ever since. GL!

@ladylinsey Yay for it being pool weather!

Month/Cycle: 12/13 (benched a couple)

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: all things and testing

R/R: Did not want to work today. A little sunburned from the weekend, a little tired and would much rather be home. But it is a gorgeous day out and I have a chiro appointment later, so it will be a good day. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why? Hmmm....given some weekend events, to the year MH married his ex so I can slap him and tell him not to be so stupid?!  :) Only a little bitter ha! 
  • Month/Cycle: 20/?

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: bbt,opk,cm,hio

R/R:  TW Death mentioned in spoiler.
    I haven`t been around lately I`ve been dealing with the loss of my stepsister, we were really close and it`s been hard the last couple of weeks because I don`t want to believe she is gone. She struggled with addiction and she tried many times to get clean but always ended up relapsing she was only 29.  :'(

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why? The 40`s I really like the dresses from back then.
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, Yoga, PCOS diet, supplements

R/R: Usually with Acu, it regulates my cycles fairly quickly and I then ovulate around CD 19.  But I am not getting my hopes up that it'll happen this time.  I will honestly be crushed if I don't though.  :-(  Trying really hard to go with the flow, but I'm over "giving my body time".

CS/Q: I woke up and took my temp this morning and then realized it was only 4:15 (I typically take it around 5:30).  It was 97.22  Then I went back to sleep and took it again at 6 and it was 97.49.  Which temp would you use?  I am attaching both charts.  Obviously, they paint two different pictures.  Maybe just wait and see what tomorrow's temp is?

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why?  I would love to go to Scotland in the older days.  Probably just because I read Outlander lol.

• meggymemeggyme member
    @Stargazer1lily I am so sorry to hear of your loss. That must be incredibly hard having witnessed her struggle. Take all the time you need. We will all be around if you need someone to talk to.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: bbt, pnv, might try opk's this cycle

R/R: Just got back from vacation. Adjusted to the 6hr time change surprisingly well, but I am not enjoying being at work today...

CS/Q: I normally O around CD19. When should I start using OPK's?

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why? Can I live indefinitely in the vacation I just got back from?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @Erinm278 Yes, the right man is the number one thing! You can be happy with that decision forever! :)

@ladylinsey I'm with you... so happy it's pool season! 

@nitnat007 Thank you!! 

@Stargazer1lily I'm so sorry for your loss :( Take good care of yourself during this time and take all the time you need to grieve. I will be thinking of you! 

@sparklingdiamond I would probably use your first temperature since that's when you first woke up. 

@meggyme I would think maybe 1 a day beginning around CD15? That's just me though!

• @suzycupcake & @littleredm She did not know her place :neutral:

@meladams10It was hard to go back to work today for me. It always is after a long weekend. I hope you find some motivation or that the day goes quickly.

@Erinm278 Fx you won't have to be here long <3

@ladylinsey Hello fellow Hufflepuff! I love your answer to GTKY! I would love to go back there. 

@nitnat007 Why can't weekends go on forever?! Hope you get to enjoy the sunshine!

@Stargazer1lily I am so sorry for your loss <3 I second what @meggyme said

@sparklingdiamond Have you watched the show and if so, how does it compare with the book? I usually read first and watch later, but I couldn't help myself :blush:

@meggyme Where were you for your vacation?

Month/Cycle: 16/14

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Nothing yet.

R/R: AF showed up on Saturday. Not terribly surprised given our timing, but it is always disappointing. Had a lovely weekend though. Mostly good weather and didn't have anything to do really.

CS/Q: - 

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why? This is difficult and all you ladies gave such great answers that I can't make up my mind. I only knew one of my grandparents so it would be nice to see them. I also would love to see a play at the original Globe Theatre. I may like to go back to my grade 12 year to convince myself to take sciences in university and to not stress out quite so much. You don't have to rush into decisions.

• meggymemeggyme member
    @meri-mac we were in Europe. Specifically 4 days in Barcelona before a 7 night Mediterranean cruise. I want to live in Barcelona or Naples now...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meri-mac I have actually only seen a couple episodes of the show!   I have them recorded and just need to watch.
  • Month/Cycle: 12/13

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Ava, BBT, OPKs, pre-seed

R/R: Rant: I have to go to the dentist in a few minutes.

CS/Q: 

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why?
    I would want to go far into the future to see where technology takes us. 

Sorry to post and go, off to the dentist. I'll get back on after and read through everything. 
  • @thrgirlwhowaited do you like the Ava?  I've been thinking about getting one.  Do you think it's accurate?

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• @meladams10 Yay for the Clomid working!

@Stargazer1lily I am so sorry for your loss.

@meggyme I typically O around CD 19 when my cycles get regulated.  I haven't used OPKs much lately, but typically would starting around day 13 or 14.  Or If I noticed fertile CM

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 27, I’m never leaving 

WAYDTGKU: bbt, OPKs, pnv, hio. Got an official PCOS diagnosis, so going to try some diet changes and additional vitamins to see if that will help. Waiting at least until my appt for my annual pelvic exam at the end of June to ask about Clomid...

R/R: Rant: We had a precautionary lockdown at my school today, which always freaks me out for the rest of the day. I hate how scary schools have become...
    Rave: I’m off work tomorrow for my sister’s graduation!

CS/Q: Anyone with PCOS have suggestions for diet/supplements? I’ve been doing research and am going to try to cut back on gluten and dairy (my two favorite things!!) and I already don’t eat many sweets. I take a PNV but looked into some other vitamins that might help lower my testosterone so I can eventually ovulate...

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why? End of high school/beginning of college, but only if I could experience it all again without having to deal with chronic illness. I feel like I missed out on a lot, had a lot of drama with friends and roommates that I feel like I could have avoided if I had been healthy and normal.
  • @meladams10 FX the Clomid is working!
    @Erinm278 Welcome! Hope your cycle regulates quickly!
    @Stargazer1lily So sorry for your loss :heart:
    @sparklingdiamond Does the acupuncture help you to ovulate sooner, or just at all? I haven’t read much about acu and PCOS but am interested, especially after one really long cycle and what’s looking like another one in a row.
    @meggyme I’m glad you enjoyed our vacation!!

• @dogmomma271 I have PCOS as well.  I have learned a lot over the past few years of TTC on and off.  I was on Metformin and hated it and don't really know if it did/didn't help me.  Now I am trying Ovasitol which works like metformin without the yucky side affects.  Also, I am taking a prenatal, fish oil, NAC, and extra folate (the folate isn't PCOS related).  I have also read the Vitamin D is good to take.  I don't because I had my levels tested and they came back okay.  

Diet wise, I don't eat dairy or gluten and have cut way back on sugar.  You are also supposed to eat lower glycemic index carbs and some eat low carb, but I don't.  I do avoid the carbs like white rice, russet potatoes, etc.  I got a lot of info from pcosdietsuppot.com and signed up for their meal plans to get ideas.  I have a lot to say on the whole PCOS thing, so please don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Also, I highly recommend acupuncture!  It is great for regulating cycles.
  • @dogmomma271 Sorry I posted before I saw your other question!  When I first came off BC, I had like no cycles at all and had to do Provera.  Once I got on metformin, I finally did have a long cycle on my own a few months after that (don't know if it was related to metformin or not).  I started acupuncture and on my first full cycle doing it, I ovulated on day 21.  The next I was ovulating on day 19.  And then it seemed to stay pretty consistent at day 19.  I wasn't at all having regular cycles before and it helped me have them.  Also, people with PCOS tend to have a lower than average BBT (in the 96s sometimes).  If you look at my cycles doing acupunture, the temps come up a little each cycle and are in the normal range.
  • @Erinm278 I like it. The data it gives is nice to see and I do definitely see a trend in more than just temp, but the tracker isn't always right. Last cycle it said I ovulated CD15 and I clearly didn't till CD 21/22. I've been using OPKs with it and then the resting pulse rate trends usually match up with the OPKs. I haven't been using it for very long though. If you are good at keeping up with temping and don't sleep with you mouth open, then I probably wouldn't recommend it. I put last cycle's resting pulse rate in the spoiler.

• Yeah @thrgirlwhowaited I'm super intrigued by it but I just can't shell out for it right now.  I think I'll wait a couple months and see how this TTC journey goes for me this time around!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• @Stargazer1lily I’ve been thinking about you not posting. My arms are around you right now, big time. I am so sorry 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @Erinm278 I understand. I had my IUD taken out Feb 2017 and we started trying in May 2017. I only just got the Ava 3 months ago, or so. I had a very heavy period my first period without the Mirena and then since they've been medium to light flow. I do think it took me a while to balance myself out, but I'd been on the pill then Mirena for 10-12 years so I'm not even sure how much my body ovulated/went though a cycle on it's own before. From my friends who've used Mirena, how long it takes to ovulate and get a BFP varies widely. Did your doctor give you a window that if you haven't had a period by so many weeks to call?
  • Yes @thrgirlwhowaited! I had a super reliable 28-30 day cycle before mirena so I’m really hoping my cycle returns soon. My dr didn’t give me any guidance on when to call but I think he might assume I’ve done my research. I will wait it out at least a month before I call. 

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: I should probably OPK tonight.  Husband's out of town the next couple days, then time to HIO.  I've been taking a break from thinking about this (and work has done a good job of keeping me too occupied to lend much mental energy anyway), but time to refocus.

R/R: Minutes away from pulling the trigger on what's been the filing from hell.  But as soon as it's safely on file, I'm headed to a baseball game for sun and food and drinks, then finally getting some sleep.

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why? Is it lame to say just before some powerball with a huge prize that no one won?  Don't answer that.  My brain's not functioning well enough at the moment to come up with a good response to that one, but I'll continue to ponder.
  • @Stargazer1lily I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending big hugs. <3
  • Hey guys! I thought I'd jump in here! I'm new to TTC forums .. I got a smiley blinky face on my CBE OPK test :)

Month/Cycle: 3/ 3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, checking CM, vitamins, lots of BD

R/R: Doing testing with the RE but figured why not give it a go naturally too! I'm not very hopeful as I have extremely low AMH :(

CS/Q: not right now

GTKY: If time travel were possible, where would you go and why? Oh def the 60's !! I'm a total free spirit and would have loved to have been at Woodstock :)

@Stargazer1lily I have personally dealt with loss of a family member due to the same thing and I know the guilt that can weigh on you. I know I'm new here but sometimes strangers can be the best listeners feel free to PM me if you need to talk.