Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment - week of 05/21

2»

Re: IF Testing and Treatment - week of 05/21

• @beachbunnyxo123 It was done on 3DPO. I tried to find some info online but couldn't really find anything useful that gave a progression of sorts. Just that it should be 8-11mm for transfer. I will be going to an OB in June, this was just with my regular family doctor who did not even mention it. But also has limited to no expertise in the area. I have been driving the bus on testing etc thus far. OB I am sure will have more insight, but figured if that is one of my issues and I can start working on it now, then it couldn't hurt. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Avrilmai that's what my clinic does for the packages. 
    Formally Leekat
    Me: 36 DH 38
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    FET 1 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    FET 2 (transferred 2 embryos- BFN
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo
    FET 3 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    Donor Egg Retrieval 2/19/18 -4 embryos that didn't make it to freeze
    Donor Egg Retrieval 4/30/2018 - 6 eggs - 5 embryos frozen Day 3
    FET 4 (with donor eggs) (transferred 1 embryo) -BETA 7/10 - BFN
    Hysteroscopy & Endo Scratch 
    FET 5 (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos)-BETA 9/10 - BFN
    Final FET (#6) (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos) BETA 10/15 BFP!!
    EDD: June 24, 2019 Baby O born June 26, 2019

• @nitnat007 ideally that’s where it should be. But I know plenty of women who have had success with an FET with a lining under 8mm. There are medications and other options to help with endo thickness though if your doctor felt it was an issue. You’re still waiting for an RE too right?
  • Ya'll rock my world. Thank you for the love, I truly feel it to my bones. <3

QUESTION. 
    I need advice on Zoloft... Currently I am taking 100 mg daily, and I think it really, really helps me. My doctor says they want people off by third tri at the LATEST, but it's up to me if I want to wean off now or later. 
    And I don't know what to do. On one hand, I Want to give this everything I have, since it's our last embryos. On the other hand, if I start weaning now, the post-med crash will coincide with betas. Which is definitely not preferable. And then if something goes poorly, it'll take a while to build back up in my system to help me get through it. 
    But then again, will I blame the Zoloft if it does go poorly? I don't know. 
    Thoughts? Opinions? 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @KristoKekerooni Ugh I cannot believe he says it like that. Has he done all of the screenings to try and determine a cause? Also, about Zoloft, if you are having a crash after weaning, it's possible they aren't weaning you slowly enough. Many many people follow taper methods but then add an extra step in the in between. What I mean is, say your doctor says cut it in half and do that for two weeks, then cut that in half. Many find it very helpful to cut in quarters instead and step down much slower. There is always going to be a few day adjustment period but nothing like an after crash, like before. I'm no stranger to this and I wish you all of the best!

@nitnat007 Are you going to do treatment or surgery for that? What I don't get is with that condition, reading online " The presence of estrogen in the body causes vasodilation, which can result in the accumulation of blood in the veins in the pelvic area. Estrogen can weaken the vein walls, leading to the changes that cause varicosities." We know that estrogen thickens the lining. Are your estrogen levels in good shape?

This might be interesting to you: https://fertility.ca/my-diagnosis/list-of-diagnoses/thin-uterine-lining/ I know for a fact that there are studies that prove CoQ10 and acupuncture help with blood flow and lining, as well as increased pregnancy rates. I began taking CoQ10 and vitaminc 500 early in my cycle, and my temps are steadier than they have ever been. I also have more energy. 

@beachbunnyxo123 That's messed up they still made you pay for that. I'm so sorry! 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• edited May 2018
    Hey everyone I think I belong to this group... just wanted to introduce myself here too! Been lurking for a few days and thought I'd jump in!

Diagnosis (if you've been): Low AMH and AMA 40 :(

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): waiting phase/ testing

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Still in the testing phases

How are things going?: I'm happy to have finally found a place to come to and be able to talk to people who are in situations similar to mine :) I just turned 40 on Valentines day and found out last fall that my AMH is .3 :( my doctor thinks I'm pre menopausal :(.  I spent most of my 20s/30s focusing on a career and now I got engaged last Dec and am really regretting not looking into my fertility at a younger age as if I had known this was going to happen I would have began trying earlier or freeze my eggs, ugh i can go on all day about regrets.

Any questions?: I'm curious if any other ladies out there with Low AMH and AMA what supplements are you taking?

GTKY: What’s your most embarrassing wardrobe fail? OMG, I was out at a bar with these extremely tight pants on... i was out on the dance floor and felt a brisk breeze on my tush  WELL MY FREAKIN PANTS SPLIT! Thankfully my girlfriend had a sweater on and we wrapped it around me and made our escape.

• @beachbunnyxo123 Thank you. Yes, we are still waiting to get in to the RE (maybe July if we are lucky). Will see if adding some supplements will help at all before then. At least better my chances anyway. 

@suzycupcake At this point they have no given me a definitive diagnosis. There was a lot of "could be" "possibly" blah blah on both of my reports so will have to wait to see the OB to see how he wants to proceed. From my blood work done a few months back, my estrogen seemed fine (46.04 pg/ml) and did not raise any flags. 
    I started taking Ubiquinol (200 mg/day) pretty much from the start as well, but will look at upping that as well as adding Vit C. Maybe even bring back acupuncture too since I gave that up a while back.
    Thank you for that link, it was helpful!  :)

@julieanncosta1978 Welcome! Sorry that you find yourself here, but hope that your stay is short. The ladies here are a wealth of knowledge and extremely supportive so you are in good company. Do not beat yourself up over should have's or what if's, we all have regrets, I know that made similar choices. We are where we are and we move forward one step at a time. You got this!
    In regards to supplements, Ubiquionol or CoQ10 as well as a good prenatal is a good start. I am sure that some of the other ladies will have some other tips to add as well. 
  • Ugh. I have to wait until Friday to find out my donor status
    Formally Leekat
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo

• @rallykat14 Duuude, that's brutal! I hope the news is very well worth the wait.
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • 50Wife50Wife member
     @rallykat14 ugghhhhh I hope this week flies!!!
  • edited May 2018
    @nitnat007 Thank you! This has been a hard pill to swallow.
  • @rallykat14 damn, you've had to wait long enough. Hoping Friday brings only very good news.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @rallykat14 ugh I’m so sorry for the wait friend. Is the ER still projected around the 30th?
  • @rallykat14 I too hope it's worth the wait and hugs <3 

@julieanncosta1978 what nitnat said and plus, you would benefit tremendously by reading It Starts With The Egg. I'm sorry that you find yourself here. I hope your journey will be short! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• madspunkmadspunk member
    edited May 2018
    @nitnat007 Some things I've heard improve uterine lining (and seem to be working for me): acupuncture, vitamin E, and L-arginine.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19200982 > This study saw improvement in endometrial thickness in 52% of women who added vitamin E and 67% who added L-arginine.
  • Thanks @madspunk !!!! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• nitnat007nitnat007 member
    edited May 2018
    @madspunk Thanks for that!  :)

@rallykat14 Ugh....how frustrating. FX for good news on Friday!
  • @beachbunnyxo123 Still the 30th..she has an appointment Friday and Monday and I'm "welcome to check back Friday". I have to say I'm a little annoyed that they aren't providing info.  Driving 3+hours to the office for the sperm sample, first thing in the morning takes a little planning. I know they don't know for sure now, but why do I have to follow up!!!
    Formally Leekat
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo

• @rallykat14 ugh that’s really annoying. Like don’t they realize that not only does this take planning for your commute but this is a process that people make a huge financial and emotional investment in and they like to know what’s going on. I’m sorry they’re being such sticklers about things. 
  • @rallykat14 Check back Friday for what?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @rallykat14 Check back Friday for what?
    To find out when the donors ER is.   We have to be there day of for the sperm sample.
    Formally Leekat
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    I'm sorry if you've already said that. It just seems to be very unethical for them to act this way unless that's how this process is? I don't know a lot about it. I mean, I get that it's a donor, but you are paying a lot of money for it and it's not right for them to not tell you what is going on. It's not a job interview. I'm curious, is there some kind of a document the donor signs off on so that you may be privy to certain private health information to know what's going on?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I'm sorry if you've already said that. It just seems to be very unethical for them to act this way unless that's how this process is? I don't know a lot about it. I mean, I get that it's a donor, but you are paying a lot of money for it and it's not right for them to not tell you what is going on. It's not a job interview. I'm curious, is there some kind of a document the donor signs off on so that you may be privy to certain private health information to know what's going on?
    They've given us a tentative date of the 30th but obviously with work/travel it is helpful to know as early as possible.  After Friday they will have a better idea but I'm just annoyed that I have to reach out for the info.  I'd like it if they would reach out to let me know where we stand.  I fear if we wait they will only call us once it is confirmed.  There are varying suggestionssug how many days before a sperm sample should men abstain. So it all plays into that as well.  I'd like the freshest sample but if we don't know until 2 days before there's not much that can be done. 

Speaking of ...what did everyone's clinic recommend for abstaining before the sperm sample? 
    Formally Leekat
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo

• We were told two days, but we didn't ever follow that because we don't have a mfi. And plus, mh always makes sure he has fresh sperm in there. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @rallykat14 we were told 2-4 days but that if things moved quicker than thought for ER cycle that trigger day is fine. My clinic now does an IUI cycle with two back to back days of inseminations. One IUI the morning after trigger and one 36 hours after trigger. The second day IUI the count was always lower due to producing a sample the day before. I just say all this to show some variability as well. Are they doing ICSI? 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 yup ICSI. To date everything is in a normal range for my husband.  We just haven't been having much sex so I basically told him he needed to make sure to clear the pipes.  I'm sure it will have no impact but at this point I'm willing to do anything if it could potentially help.  Too bad he couldn't still to his diet/exercise plan.
    Formally Leekat
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo

• 50Wife50Wife member
    @rallykat14 I hope you hear something soon!!! We're dealing with MFI so I usually had him clear the pipes 2 days before a sample was needed.
  • @rallykat14 like the other ladies our clinic said 2 days. (this was for IUI) it was 2 days before the monitoring appt so it was actually 3 and 4 days before the actual IUI. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

edited May 2018
    Meaning he made sure to masturbate if it had been awhile. I was beating around the bush. No pun intended :D We haven't always had the greatest sex life. I'm not sure which part you found to be insulting. Is it because I didn't say, "he made sure to masturbate if it had been awhile"?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• There was no indication that you were referring to his masturbation prior to the SA rather than copulation, which is why that statement read as if you two were not abstaining from having sex for the recommended amount of time (rather than not having sex at all) and your DH would just know he had an adequate count prior to testing.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    edited May 2018
    Wait...I thought rallykat and I were talking about abstaining from sex before a procedure and a fresh sperm sample. Not masturbation vs copulation. 

She said, " how many days before a sperm sample should men abstain. So it all plays into that as well.  I'd like the freshest sample but if we don't know until 2 days before there's not much that can be done. Speaking of ...what did everyone's clinic recommend for abstaining before the sperm sample?"

and then I said, "We were told two days, but we didn't ever follow that because we don't have a mfi. And plus, mh always makes sure he has fresh sperm in there." 

She said to beachbunny, "To date everything is in a normal range for my husband.  We just haven't been having much sex so I basically told him he needed to make sure to clear the pipes.  I'm sure it will have no impact but at this point I'm willing to do anything if it could potentially help."

How is my comment about fresh sperm in there different from her comment about telling her husband to make sure to clear the pipes? Making sure he has fresh sperm in there isn't the same thing as him just magically knowing he has an adequate count in there. Is it because I mentioned that we don't have an mfi? Is it insulting to those with mfi to mention that we don't have that as an issue in our infertility journey? Because I have infertility. I'm confused. 

Don't be mad at me. I want to understand. If mentioning that we don't have mfi is insulting to the ladies who do, I will absolutely apologize for that because I don't want anyone to be upset by what I say nor do I want any ladies in here to feel like I'm rubbing something in their faces. I care a lot about each of your struggles and only want to help, not hurt <3 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• It seems that some elements got lost in translation among the comments here. I better understand what you were trying to communicate. Having the explanation about preparing for the SA, whether that be through waiting to have sex for two days prior to the procedure or having your H "clear the pipes" two days in advance, does the job either way. I don't think you intended to be insulting to anyone dealing with MFI as part of their diagnosis.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Thank you @AlohaKumu Still though, I am so sorry. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI