July 2018 Moms
Options

It's supposed to get a little better, right?

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and things keep getting worse after another. I feel bad to say this but I hate being pregnant and I just want my life to get back to normal.

Bills keep racking up and they won't stop. I keep missing days of work due to being really sick, overwhelmed and exhausted. Money isn't coming in fast enough. I was recently in a car accident and have been out of transportation since.

And I just had to pay $200 at the emergency vet because my dog is getting sick. I'm losing my mind. I'm negative in my account. I just want everything to quit and I don't want to blame the pregnancy, but I would have more energy to get my ducks in a row if I wasn't pregnant.

The only good thing happening is I'm putting my child up for adoption because I can't afford a child right now and I have a good family who is excited to be parents.

I don't know how I can finish up 6 weeks left of pregnancy. I'm so depressed and stressed.

Re: It's supposed to get a little better, right?

• Options
    Just have to push through like the rest of us. Pregnancy isn't always convenient sadly and it does get difficult at the end but the end is in sight. I would make sure to talk to your dr about  feeling depressed and stressed. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    stlmegsstlmegs member
    Sorry you are feeling this way.  Most of us feel generally terrible at this point (physically), but if you are struggling emotionally, I agree with @lindsayleigh1989...you should really talk to someone in person.  You have made a brave decision to give your baby up for adoption.  Take care of yourself!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice here other than to take it one day at a time.
    Talk to your doctor about your feelings... While in your situation it might be normal to be feeling this way, PPD can show up before delivery and your doctor can point you in the direction of supports you might need. 
  • Options
    Hi! Hang in there.  I have a few money issue tips!  I was very deeply in dept especially from credit cards so I decided to take out a prosper loan.  You have to pay the interest upfront but they consolidate all of your outstanding stuff into one monthly payment making it a little less overwhelming.

Download the App "Ibotta" and "Check Out 51"  in your down time scan your receipts from grocery/household shopping and see if you qualify for any purchase rebates.  Once you hit $20/$25 they will deposit cash into your account!  Also, look into being a mystery shopper.  I know with being out of work every little bit can help.  DH and I started mystery shopping just to get free meals.  There are fast casual shops like 5 Guys Burgers and Fries and sit down dinners like Chili's.  The main company I shop for is called "A Closer Look"  they have everything from dinner shops, oil changes, day care tours, dental visits etc.  It can really help when you're in a bind a need some extra cash or just want a free meal or oil change lol.

Sorry to hear about the car accident, I am assuming you don't have AFLAC short term disability? Its definitely something to look into if your work offers it.  It's only a few bucks a week and can help in situations like this- or if you plan on getting pregnant again in the near future.

Also, to help with the depression I've found that getting outside and just going for a quick walk helps or even going for a drive on a nice day.  Taking a few minutes to step back, be thankful you're alive and healthy and that your baby is going to a good home :)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you are struggling. I would be lying if I said pregnancy gets easier towards the end. As others have said, talk to your doctor about the depression and hopefully you can get some help for that. You are in the home stretch for this pregnancy. Just take it day by day!
  • Options
    I like the practical advice that @babygagnon2018 gave you. Life can be so hard without the added stress a baby can put on your emotions and physical health. Hang in there. Participate in the threads so you can give and receive support to others. I think you’re so brave to recognize that you wouldn’t be able to care for your baby properly right now. Adoption is such a hard choice. I send my love to you, mama. Hang in there. You’re definitely not the only one struggling with finances and aches and pains. I’m also that that you weren’t seriously injured in the car accident. 
  • Options
    Do you think after you have the baby you might be able to get a second job? I used to work for Apple on the weekends and it was a little extra money I quit recently because I couldn't handle being on my feet all day this far along, but maybe once you recover a second job might be the thing that helps put you ahead. Apple also gives you a 401K and stock options and money towards college if you want to pursue a degree of any kind! Good luck and I understand what it's like to have negative money in the bank and being pregnant. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Wishing you all the best. I myself was adopted, and I have a little baby adopted niece too in the family.  I am very grateful to my birth mother for giving me life, and for the sacrifice she made for me to give me a better life. Giving your child to these adoptive parents, is the greatest gift you can give, while giving yourself the freedom needed to get your life in order. Especially since you are stuggling now, I suggest you speak to someone for support. I imagine the struggle will continue post partum as you body is going through a lot, and you will be feeling a loss. You are very brave. Good luck to you.