August 2018 Moms

High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 05/15

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Would you rather never have internet access again or never be able to take an airplane again?
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 05/15

• edited May 2018
    How far along are you?
    24+5  - i still can't believe i'm still going!

Why are you high-risk?
    IC, Diabetes, AMA

regular OB appointment this morning and cerclage check on Thursday -  

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: I straightened out my cevix checks. When I spoke to my Dr this morning she said it basically comes down to a difference of opinion between her and my MFM... she did concede that he was the expert but she doesn't think it is medically necessary, even after speaking with him,  however she said if I want her to go ahead and order them she would..so i told her to please go ahead and order them lol 

GTKY: Would you rather never have internet access again or never be able to take an airplane again?
    i'd have to go with no internet access... although booking airlines without internet would be really hard LOL
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • Stac928Stac928 member
    @harleyquinn0621  glad you were able to work out the cervix checks and get you are comfortable with 

How far along are you?
    26w3d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, RPL, borderline hypertensive, marginal/partial placenta previa. Aaannndddd as of today gestational diabetes. 

Going in Thursday to discuss monitoring and treatment of GD

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    FML another complication. I knew it was possible. I have PCOS which is tied to insulin resistance but FFS my A1C has always been beautiful. I hope this can be controlled with diet and I don’t end up on yet another medication.  On the bright side limiting carbs will help me with that limited weight gain my doctor wants to see. 

never take an airplane, I can get places without an airplane. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Loading the player...
  • @Stac928 Sorry to hear about your GD dx. I've heard some people have good experiences with the diet. That it was really helpful with limiting weight gain, and not too hard to follow. I hope it turns out that way for you.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Stac928Stac928 member
    @KonaCoffeeBean thanks. I’m feeling less salty today about the whole thing. It still sucks but I managed yesterday to be under carb limits without much effort and after a trip to the grocery store it should be even easier. Right now I’m scrounging around with what I have. But I was under my calorie goal for the day. So needing to stock up in high protein/fat snacks to make up the calorie difference in restricting carbs. I’m sure after talking to the doctor tomorrow I’ll be even better and more prepared. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• How far along are you? 26+5

Why are you high-risk? AMA, diabetes

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Just the usual diabetes type stuff. I had a great chat with the diabetes educator the other day - my high numbers are totally expected, I guess approaching 3rd tri seeing an increase in insulin resistance is a sign that the placenta is doing what it's supposed to do. Yay! Go placenta! And she said that towards the end of 3rd tri we should see a drop in insulin need and that indicates that baby will be coming soon. Eeeek! How are we having this discussion already?!?

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just chugging along. Has anyone's doctor mentioned starting kick counts? Mine said to start at 28 weeks - they want 10 in 2 hours.

GTKY: Would you rather never have internet access again or never be able to take an airplane again? Ooooh tough one. Probably internet access because my whole family is a plane ride away.

@harleyquinn0621 - so glad you straightened out the cervix check appts! This was to have weekly checks right? I hope that everything checks out and the next few months are so beautifully boring <3

@Stac928 - sorry about the GD diagnosis. I hope that your doctor agrees that you can manage with diet and exercise! We're here for support if you need it. Snacks have always been tricky for me but I've found that berries can curb some of the sweet cravings that pop up and don't mess with my numbers too badly. Cut up veggies with guacamole are good too and pretty filling.

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Stac928Stac928 member

@mrsbubbles-2 I'm sure I'll need all kinds of advice.  Veggies and hummus are a go to for me usually but I haven't made hummus in awhile.  Maybe I'll try that.  I love guac but it goes bad so quickly. 

Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• @Stac928 - Have you tried Wholly Guacamole? They have little cups of it that are reasonably good and don't go bad as fast as like an open container would. We buy a giant box of the mini cups at Costco and they're my go-to afternoon snack. Also Sahale makes some nut mixes that are amazing and carb-friendly!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited May 2018
    @mrsubbles-2 she hasn't mentioned kick counts yet- but my next appointment is right at 28 weeks, so it might be discussed there... she also said the next appointment is when i'll get the TDAP vaccine... i can't decide if this pregnancy is dragging by slowly or flying by way too fast ..... lol

@stac928 @mrsbubbles-2 I LOVE wholly guacamole! and cheese- i snack on a lot of cheese 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @harleyquinn0621 - lol yes! gimme all the cheese! I'm getting the TDAP next appt too.I'm feeling the same way about the pregnancy, like how are we already discussing kick counts and all that but on the other hand I feel like I've been pregnant forever.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Stac928Stac928 member
    @Stac928 - Have you tried Wholly Guacamole? They have little cups of it that are reasonably good and don't go bad as fast as like an open container would. We buy a giant box of the mini cups at Costco and they're my go-to afternoon snack. Also Sahale makes some nut mixes that are amazing and carb-friendly!

I will look for those.  I vaguely remember seeing something like that. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• How far along?
    27+4

Why high risk?
    Polyhydramnios

Any additional testing?
    GTT. And doctor thinks I do have GD because of high AFI. 

Raves
    Checked previa again and doctor is very optimistic that it will resolve.

Rants
    I have no idea what I will eat if I have GD. And if I don't have GD then I have no idea why my AFI is so high. 

GTKY
    I hate planes so that's easy...

• Stac928Stac928 member
    @hopeful91 the what to eat thing is hard for me to. I think my doctor is going to offer a nutritionist visit. That might help. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• The nutritionist visit that I had was incredibly helpful. At first they put me on a point system with carbs - every 15g of carbs is 1 point so I was told 3 points for breakfast and dinner, 2 for lunch and 1-2 for snacks. It helped me learn how to maximize the amount of food I could eat while staying within my range lol!

So typically I would have an omelette with veggies plus toast for breakfast, mid-morning snack I would have an RX bar or think thin bar, lunch would be something like a chicken salad wrap using carb control tortillas (surprisingly good! whole wheat ones are gross) and some grapes or berries, afternoon snacks would be veggies with guac (see above) or carrot sticks with peanut butter and cheese sticks or slices, and dinner would be some kind of protein (hooray for summer babies - alllll the grilling!) with a veggie like green beans or a salad and a sweet potato, bedtime snack would be cottage cheese with blueberries or Halo Top (just a small scoop if I was feeling naughty!)

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 26w+4d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, 2 previous MC's, uterine septum correction, cerclage

Not this week. Going in on Tuesday next week for my next appointment and my GD test.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I have a bunch of questions for my OB next time. I'm a little nervous about the GD test - I feel like my eating has been SO out of control, compared to what I normally do. I'm afraid my body just can't adjust. I feel like all I do all day is eat. I had a mini-breakdown about it last night.  All that being said, I'm excited for next appointment to get my c-section scheduled and give this kid a birthday. 

Question for you guys: Are ya'll planning on making visitors in the hospital/afterwards get the TDAP too? I'm reading mixed opinions online. I plan on asking OB about it.

Easy - airplanes. I hate them so much. I have a mini panic attack every time i go on one. 
  • @hezzer78 - hey lady, I'm sorry you're struggling. I don't know if this will help but there is absolutely nothing that you can do that could contribute to or prevent GD. It is 1000% out of your hands. Eating all the time won't affect how your placenta impacts the way you process sugar. Please don't feel guilty or sad, you are doing everything that you need to do for your baby. I'm sending you so many hugs and I'm here if you need someone to talk to. <3

I'm not planning on restricting visitors at the hospital who haven't had the TDAP shot. I'm kind of selfish with baby for the hospital stay to begin with that not many people will have the opportunity to hold the baby anyway. When I had visitors last time I was usually trying to nurse him or change him or he was sleeping and I didn't want anyone to disturb him. My visitors respected that because who wants to be that asshole that wakes up a sleeping baby lol! But it's a great idea to talk to your OB about it.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • All my family will have the tdap but unfortunately I feel like I don't have control over my in laws. I'm husband has told them to get it but doubtful they will.
  • Stac928Stac928 member
    @hezzer78 the whole this is stressful. But yea the more I’ve been reading the more I realize that it’s not about what I ate. Our bodies naturally retain blood sugar in pregnancy to have a steady source of energy for the baby. Some of our bodies over adapt and retain too much sugar. So I’ve decided that my body is super evolved. That’s why I have GD. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Stac928Stac928 member
    Well I get two weeks to try controlling with diet and exercise. Then we are going to talk insulin. Apparently the GD protocol has changed in the last few months and a lot more women are going on insulin now. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• edited May 2018
    @hezzer78 i'll be restricting vistors at the hospital to only 4 people that i want to allow there to begin with.... i won't restrict those 4  based on if they have the TDAP... but everyone else won't be seeing the baby until we've been out of the hospital for awhile 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• ave1012ave1012 member
    How far along are you? 28w + 4d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, Pregnancy-induced thrombocytopenia with both previous pregnancies

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Glucose test and start monitoring my platelets

Rants/Raves/Questions? Glad there is a better game plan for me if my platelet count starts to get low again

No internet access. I like to travel, especially to places that you need an airplane to get to! (though I have not been doing too much with two small children and one on the way)